[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

Confirmed the PC boxed version and opted-in for the Steam key.

giphy.gif

Yep, its a bit of a sad state that this process has to take place, but they are indeed working on it, and it's one last hurdle we will have to get over before finally putting it behind us and looking forward to Shenmue 3. In a week, hopefully the demo will be here, and all of this will be far in the rear view mirror.

Indeed. The way I’m approaching it is that everything surrounding the game’s release itself is just noise. No point stressing over things I have no control over, so trying to keep focused on the prize which is just around the corner. Like you say, this is the very last cloud of negativity before it’s all good and we can finally experience what we’ve all been collectively waiting on for nigh on 20 years. 20 Years.

Ignored mod note.
Some people sure seems to hold a grudge because... I stated facts ?

I'd gladly take the warning to say this as my final word, because I hate leaving behind an argument or disagreement without at least attempting to put a line under it and make peace. It's not a grudge. It's just annoying the second Steam is mentioned, you wade in with "facts" that seemingly contradict what those involved in the project who actually know about the logistical issues and obstacles involved say. I very much doubt they're lying. Why would they? If it's as easy as clicking your fingers to generate a Steam key free of charge, they would do it, surely?

Anyway, guess that's all we can discuss on the matter, but as I said, I fully agree it's complete horseshit that they said one moment that PC backers will get Steam keys upon that platform's release if they want them and then the next moment they say negotiations are still ongoing and they now can't guarantee it. Like... what the hell?

But anyways, let's put a line under this discussion and leave the arguments behind us. There's less than two months until release and lots to be excited about.

Hope they announce the demo for October 4th after the surveys are closed so ex-backers who hate EGS can't play it. Who am I kidding it's going to pirated to fuck and those same people will happily play it.

Hope they announce the demo for October 4th after the surveys are closed so ex-backers who hate EGS can't play it. Who am I kidding it's going to pirated to fuck and those same people will happily play it.
If you take a look at Borderlands 3, another Epic Games Store exclusive, it still hasn't been cracked. Pirates are unable to get their hands on it, seems to be strong security, pray the same for Shenmue 3.

So I read some of the kickstarter comments and they said this is the worst Kickstarter they have ever seen. Worse than Mighty No9. Why? Because of the Switch to Epic? How can that be worse than Mighty No9's inability to do ANYTHING right?
I'd be really sad if this is a common sentiment, because if it is, there will be lots of bad press for Shenmue for many years to come.

By the way, I got EGS yesterday and I think it's a nice digital store. I don't get why everyone hates it.

Is Borderlands 3 selling good?

Anyway. I'm glad this whole mess will be resolved soon. all those pussies can stop shitting their pants, and be happy with their money for ever.

I really hope this situation doesn't mess up the game's lauch in 2 months.
We have to keep spreading the good word arround.

If you take a look at Borderlands 3, another Epic Games Store exclusive, it still hasn't been cracked. Pirates are unable to get their hands on it, seems to be strong security, pray the same for Shenmue 3.

Borderlands 3 uses Denuvo DRM which is sometimes cracked quickly and sometimes not cracked for a long time. I'm not sure Shenmue 3 will use Denuvo and if it does I'm not sure they'd take the time to put it on the demo.

Metro Exodus used Denuvo too and was cracked in 5 days.

So I read some of the kickstarter comments and they said this is the worst Kickstarter they have ever seen. Worse than Mighty No9. Why? Because of the Switch to Epic? How can that be worse than Mighty No9's inability to do ANYTHING right?
I'd be really sad if this is a common sentiment, because if it is, there will be lots of bad press for Shenmue for many years to come.

By the way, I got EGS yesterday and I think it's a nice digital store. I don't get why everyone hates it.

Mighty No. 9 was way worse than this. Hell, it's 2019 and they still haven't confirmed the cancellation of Vita and 3DS ports they promised let alone the numerous other problems

So I read some of the kickstarter comments and they said this is the worst Kickstarter they have ever seen.

Translation: It's the only Kickstarter they have ever seen.

Have these idiots even heard of Elysian Shadows? Or Saber Rider? Or the ZX Spectrum Vega+?

Edit: Or the OUYA. Not only did it fail to live up to the hype and failed hard, the launch models and controllers were buggy as hell and it took them months to ship them. My console came weeks, if not months, after anybody could buy one of a store shelf, but my second controller took even longer to arrive, turning up out of the blue about 6 months later.

Mighty No. 9 was way worse than this. Hell, it's 2019 and they still haven't confirmed the cancellation of Vita and 3DS ports they promised let alone the numerous other problems

Exactly my thoughts. Even the instruction manual for the physical game was too big for the box, and that reward was delayed like a year too. They didn't do a single thing right in that campaign.

As for Shenmue III, aside from the switch to Epic, has been smooth sailing with constant updates.

Odd regarding Steam. I can't think of a plausible reason for that unless there is some kind of further exclusivity period being talked about.

However, I'm glad it's here for those that want the refund. I have to admit, if the negotiations" turn out to be trying to get keys BEFORE a year is up, to help backers, that would be a funny situation for all the ones who are flying off the handle.

Congrats, they were trying to help you.

Translation: It's the only Kickstarter they have ever seen.

Have these idiots even heard of Elysian Shadows? Or Saber Rider? Or the ZX Spectrum Vega+?

They were comparing it specifically to Mighty no9 so they must have at least seen two Kickstarters, lol.

Also yeah, that vega+ was hilariously bad. Saw a feature length video about it on YouTube. That's how much of a failure that Kickstarter was.

Bloodstain had a good launch(Except switch version) and people are still raging hard on KS post launch.

The comment section is now conspiracy theorizing the game flopped that's why its on game pass for Xbox. Instead of the exposure attempt since "Other" crowd of gamers will less likely give up a free sample pass and might find they wanna support it.

Bloodstain had a good launch(Except switch version) and people are still raging hard on KS post launch.

The comment section is now conspiracy theorizing the game flopped that's why its on game pass for Xbox. Instead of the exposure attempt since "Other" crowd of gamers will less likely give up a free sample pass and might find they wanna support it.

God damn. What's with Kickstarter and bringing out the worst kinds of people?

EDIT: Okay, looked through those comments and they are WORSE than the Shenmue III comments. What the hell?!

Back