[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
MOD NOTE: As we are not privy to the backstage specifics of negotiations between Valve and Ys Net, we ask that members take the information contained in the Kickstarter update at face value for now, to prevent this thread turning into a single issue mess.

If there's any breaking news in direct relation to Steam keys, discussion about them can resume. Otherwise, please take it to PMs in the meanwhile.

#Shenmue3 Kickstarter update #114 is here!

Survey Resend Information for PS4 Region Changes & Refund Requests

Check out all the details below! ?

Sounds like a long process for them to set up. Glad its here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the comments... waaaaa I don't want a PayPal account...

Jesus christ. Its the easiest way if you've not got peoples payment methods which have likely changed since the start.

If people want their money that badly then they will set one up.

The steam key issue is more of a concern & sounds like the reason for the delay, Valve and Epic need to play nice here.

The thing with Steam is a bit weird...unless Steam is playing hardball. Wasn't there something about Steam changing policies recently? Maybe Steam is playing hard ball.

This whole thing sucks.

And it ain't gonna go away.

Between the moaning that PS4 owners aren't eligble (why should they be? It doesn't effect them);
The moaning that you have to open a PayPal account to get your refund (people are seriously moaning about that);
To the possibility that there will be no Steam keys for those who opt for them. (the one thing I can see being an eligible concern)

This thing ain't going away. It's here to stay.

Who knew that a change in store front could cause so much drama?

I can't do it anymore....I can't read those Kickstarter comments....people are seriously bitching about having to open up a PayPal account! Fucking hell.

Last edited:
The thing with Steam is a bit weird...unless Steam is playing hardball. Wasn't there something about Steam changing policies recently? Maybe Steam is playing hard ball.

This whole thing sucks.

Between the moaning that PS4 owners aren't eligble (why should they be? It doesn't effect them);
The moaning that you have to open a PayPal account to get your refund (people are seriously moaning about that);
To the possibility that there will be no Steam keys for those who opt for them. (the one thing I can see being an eligible concern)

I can't do it anymore....I can't read those Kickstarter comments....people are seriously bitching about having to open up a PayPal account! Fucking hell.
Same... I regret checking them today. They get what they want; their money, and they still complain. "PAypAl??!?!?!?! SCAM!!!!"
Some people are just born to complain. The worst part is knowing Yu Suzuki will get death threats in the comments/suggestions you can leave on the refund survey. Poor guy :(

This whole thing sucks.

The only thing I can think is either Valve is now possibly planning to block the game from coming to Steam entirely, or Epic is just expecting them to give them keys without being payed.

Of course, outside of the usual negativity on ERA, one poster says they were able to request a refund for their PS4 pledge. Let’s hope the survey isn’t messed up and doesn’t just open the floodgates.

Of course, outside of the usual negativity on ERA, one poster says they were able to request a refund for their PS4 pledge. Let’s hope the survey isn’t messed up and doesn’t just open the floodgates.
There aren't going to be too many PS4 people requesting refunds imo, so it's not a big deal either way. Even if there were, Epic is the one funding the refunds.

The only thing I can think is either Valve is now possibly planning to block the game from coming to Steam entirely, or Epic is just expecting them to give them keys without being payed.

Yeah, that's where my mind is right now to. That's the one thing I'll give them and even say "that kind of blows" if that is the case. That does indeed suck if that is what is happening. It's the one grievance I'll give anyone right now.

As an English guy who moved to the States and brought my PAL PS4 with me from the UK it’s annoying there may be a delay if I want a UK copy.

Although I’ve always expected backers to get the game later then the release date as I’ve only heard horror stories of backers on Kickstarter getting physical games late like Mighty Number 9. Then again plenty could have been delivered on time or before and people wouldn’t have made a fuss about it.

@Riku Rose: I'm from Germany and I backed a North American version of Bloodstained. Got it by mail around ten days after release. It was sent by Fangamer America iirc.

Glad the refund survey is finally out. Kind of sucks that they are not sure about issuing Steam keys to PC backers but I don't read this as the Steam version being canceled entirely. I think it is about the backers only.

You must be kidding me... Let me try requesting a refund for my Switch pledge. Only in bills of $5 and $20, and a foot massage while they are it...
This is serious messed up. How long will all this whining go on?

I'm so mad they're having to waste Kickstarter updates on these annoying fucking whiny dweebs.

I want to know the date of the demo launch, not hear about refunds for these professional whingebags.
You and me both, my PC is ready to go - just need the link to download demo. Or however Ys Net plans to do it.

But these people still want to cause a stink. Best to go through all the formalities. This way nobody can legitimately argued they weren't informed about the time frame of the refund process.

Last edited:
The Resetera thread isn't getting much traction, which is good. I kinda wish I hadn't posted now...but whatever. A lot of "they're lying about negotiating with Valve" which makes no sense at all, but the blowback is not even 10% of what it was back when the EGS exclusivity was announced. Funny that.

What would happens if i not react to that survey?

Thinking about this more and more we've got 2 weeks left of this and then it's done.

Of course the media will jump on this shit and get all click bait happy but we can ride through that, we went years without Shenmue and now we're 2 months away.

Correct any misinformation spread by these outlets & then enjoy the fact we're nearly there.

Imagine if they dropped the demo later today. That would drown some of this out.

What would happens if i not react to that survey?

Anti EGS disciples will go on knocking on your door by tomorrow morning with pitchforks.

Nothing as it will not change any of the choices you've made in the last survey, but it'd be a good idea to just go there to confirm your delivery address.

EDIT: This survey also gives you the choice to change your game region if you want. So instead of PAL you could get the Japanese version.

Last edited:
Back