[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

Is the PS4 Kickstarter Exclusive case the same as the Slacker Backer one? I’m a KS Backer but in my survey email it’s down as a Slacker Backer exclusive case.

Is this the same for everyone in the same circumstances?

Cheers

The only thing I will say is it's just frustrating that they said one month that they will offer Steam keys to those that want them and now they're saying they might not be able to and they don't really know. The amount of self-sabotage that has gone on in this project is extraordinary.

"You can select a steam key that you will receive in a year's time. Well, maybe, who really knows? It's a surprise"

Who's going to take that risk?

They really shouldn't have bothered igniting all the crybaby refund demanding knobheads again. The new information regarding the refunds is good but those whiny morons need be put to a stop once and for all, it will really hurt the launch of this game.

The steam key promise roll-back is a legitimate concern. Everything else is just typical toxic gamer syndrome, but this one (considering the previous communication) seems pretty silly. Anyone (once they release a game on Steam) can generate steam keys separately for sale and distribution outside of the steam storefront. There isn't anything to negotiate here... Unless they are trying to do this for free... If they were truthfully.in negotiations they shouldn't have promised anything. Just give the toxic f*cks a refund then subsequently announce a free steam key if you can provide it. In that situation you come off much better and there would be some salty people who refunded no longer getting Shenmue at a reduced price versus buying a retail later

Last edited:
We should just stop giving them the time of day here by even mentioning them. It’s not conducive to anything positive.

More or less. It's just a case of grinding this last part out. Let all of the temper tantrums happen, and after about a week or so, we have the trial to help banish all of this to memory.

Everyone is well within their rights to a refund, as per the process laid out by YSNET, but some of the comments I have read in a short space of time really just make me laugh at how pathetic some of my fellow man are on this planet.

But, it's almost over now. Nearly there.

The steam key promise roll-back is a legitimate concern. Everything else is just typical toxic gamer syndrome, but this one (considering the previous communication) seems pretty scummy. Anyone (once they release a game on Steam) can generate steam keys separately for sale and distribution outside of the steam storefront. There isn't anything to negotiate here... Unless they are trying to do this for free...
Some people sure seems to hold a grudge because... I stated facts ?
Please follow the mod note for now, guys.

@DigitalDuck's post is a good, rational example of where the line is at. We have similar cases to point at, and publicly available current guidelines, but we do not have the specific facts of this negotiation between Valve and Ys Net.

Let's try and keep it chill over the weekend at least.

Some people sure seems to hold a grudge because... I stated facts ?

I'm still waiting for your DM on Darq?

Without derailing this thread, feel free to send me those facts and figures anytime.

Back on topic. We knew this was coming and honestly we'll forget about this once the demo is in our hands. Sit tight for now people. We're almost there.

Ignored mod note.
What negotiations ? Since when it's required to negotiate Steam keys ?
Don’t bother. Many users on this forum can’t stand to accept that people have legitimate complaints about the whole Epic mess, and refund procedures. Like even the mod note basically implies to not criticize any of it, but still allows unchecked hatred and mocking of others who feel burnt, not just in this thread but permeating throughout the entire forum, and if you dare speak against the nonsense then you’re subjected to either pure dismissals or straight up condescension. The whole situation makes me very sad but I’ve learned my lesson here, don’t dare criticize YSnet or else be met with week long migraines.

So very, very close. It’s still hard to believe sometimes when I think back to the first time I finished S2 on DC and was looking for any encouraging tidbits of III being in any kind of production.

Yep, its a bit of a sad state that this process has to take place, but they are indeed working on it, and it's one last hurdle we will have to get over before finally putting it behind us and looking forward to Shenmue 3. In a week, hopefully the demo will be here, and all of this will be far in the rear view mirror.

Back