[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

The physical PC edition is absolutely going to become a collector's item, and those claiming a refund for it are going to kick themselves very hard when they see what they gave up for $60.

The physical PC edition is absolutely going to become a collector's item, and those claiming a refund for it are going to kick themselves very hard when they see what they gave up for $60.

It wont be valuable, for a very good reason, the value of games in the market, comes mostly based off of a game being able to be played in theory(even if factory sealed). A disc with just a epic key however, will be treated like a dinosaur turd lol(they are worth a lot either, despite being millions of years old, and pretty rare).

It wont be valuable, for a very good reason, the value of games in the market, comes mostly based off of a game being able to be played in theory(even if factory sealed). A disc with just a epic key however, will be treated like a dinosaur turd lol(they are worth a lot either, despite being millions of years old, and pretty rare).

You know empty boxes can fetch a tidy sum for collectors, right? Not many people are going to have a KS edition PC box. Any item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

You know empty boxes can fetch a tidy sum for collectors, right? Not many people are going to have a KS edition PC box. Any item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

If you got the 100, and up tier to get the special box, it will be worth "something", but again, when it comes to VG collecting, the vast majority of the value hinges on the perception that the game is playable in theory.

If this were the toy collecting scene, a box would normally be worth half the price, potentially more in cases of variants. In the VG collecting scene though, not so much.

If one were to sell it based on the box alone, I imagine you could probally get 50 bucks for it, but I don't expect it to increase in value over time(so yea that's a massive loss from what it cost originally)..

s-l1600.jpg

This empty box sold on ebay for £66. Collectors will pay what they think it's worth.

I sold an empty collector's edition box of Destiny 1 for £40 a while ago that I found in the loft

Ebayers have deep pockets, especially Shenmue fans, some of the stuff I've seen recently goes for eye watering amounts

To anyone curious about the Physical PC Version - I asked if the PC Version's code will have an expiry date:
shenegs.jpg
Seems it will but they couldn't confirm how long it would last...

So it looks like a bunch of people who refunded have got their money back. Sucks they will also get a demo code despite already having their money. Very weird how they can't stop that.

So it looks like a bunch of people who refunded have got their money back. Sucks they will also get a demo code despite already having their money. Very weird how they can't stop that.

I think thats just too much work, they dont have hundreds of support staff members to check every account
to see who pledged enough money to get access to the demo and then also check if they requested a refund or not
and then update everything manually.
They already have to check who is requesting a refund for what tier and if it changes anything in the final game
or what they have to cancel in terms of shipping KS goodies and so on. Its probably way easier to just ignore the whole
refund thing for the demo because it has no negative effect. People who dont want to or cant play it
because they are on PS4 only or who have no interest because of whatever reason can just ignore the demo.

I think thats just too much work, they dont have hundreds of support staff members to check every account
to see who pledged enough money to get access to the demo and then also check if they requested a refund or not
and then update everything manually.
They already have to check who is requesting a refund for what tier and if it changes anything in the final game
or what they have to cancel in terms of shipping KS goodies and so on. Its probably way easier to just ignore the whole
refund thing for the demo because it has no negative effect. People who dont want to or cant play it
because they are on PS4 only or who have no interest because of whatever reason can just ignore the demo.

That's true. Yeah, although they may get money for selling codes atleast those buying them will have an actual interest in the game.

Yep found more on Ebay within the last hour, this one is a bid which someone has already entered a bid... curious how much it will go for:

Already 9 Bids @ £16.00 !!! ?‍?

Last edited:
If one were to sell it based on the box alone, I imagine you could probally get 50 bucks for it, but I don't expect it to increase in value over time(so yea that's a massive loss from what it cost originally)..

Yeah, only time will tell. I appreciate this stuff for what it means to me, and what it is worth in the eyes of collectors is not that important. Personally the only time I bought an empty box, it was for a Model 1 Genesis with Altered Beast (i.e., the very first edition released in NA). I think I paid about $30 for it and I felt a flush of embarrassment about buying an empty box at the time. But it has its nostalgic value to me, plus its artistic value, plus it's a practical way to store my Genny when not in use. And everything game related that I've bought over the years has increased in value - some items a little, and some have skyrocketed. I'm not in any hurry to sell anything but in the back of my mind I might sell it all some day to go towards my daughter's education or some kind of grand travel experience for us.

Yeah, only time will tell. I appreciate this stuff for what it means to me, and what it is worth in the eyes of collectors is not that important. Personally the only time I bought an empty box, it was for a Model 1 Genesis with Altered Beast (i.e., the very first edition released in NA). I think I paid about $30 for it and I felt a flush of embarrassment about buying an empty box at the time. But it has its nostalgic value to me, plus its artistic value, plus it's a practical way to store my Genny when not in use. And everything game related that I've bought over the years has increased in value - some items a little, and some have skyrocketed. I'm not in any hurry to sell anything but in the back of my mind I might sell it all some day to go towards my daughter's education or some kind of grand travel experience for us.

Yea, I'm not planning on ever selling mine either.

Omg yea, some things have skyrocketed though, such as I bought my SNES Demon's Crest back in like 98(with the box, and instructions too) for 20 bucks at Funcoland, now It's worth 120 for just a lose cart. All the PS1 ATLUS games have basically doubled(except for Kartia, as that game is trash lol), with I'm a huge fan of ATLUS, so I found even the most obscure ATLUS games way back, long before the world knew they existed(good thing too, damn things would cost a small fortune to get all of them today).

Let's hope they actually give away their codes instead of using it themselves as an opportunity to make fun of the game.

Debating if I want to change my 2nd PS4 version to a PC version I am correct in thinking that the PC Physical Edition offers a Epic version & also a Steam key 1 year down the line? 2 versions does sound quite appealing + I'll already have a few PS4 physical Editions at hand...

I think I'm gonna do this, too. Ordered the CE PS4 anyway and still would love to play it on PC once I get a decent computer down the line. Will be a nice collector, even though no game on the disk, couldn't care less its just on epic store.

I am glad that YSnet is giving people the option of a refund or at least an attempt to provide a steam key indicating that they are working on communication. I chose to keep my funds invested in Shenmue, no point taking money away from the studio. At this point, I just want the game. I am wondering how backer only options would transfer to Steam or if they will?

Back