What are you playing?

Okay, finished Not tonight and Yakuza Kiwami.

I'll continue with Valk Chron 1 and will start Dead space 1 for the first time.

@shadowman16 Spiderman does rock indeed!

Am usually not a fan of doing the whole collectable stuff but I spent a good amount of time getting the backpacks and doing all the crime missions I come across. I just started the research side missions and I have a feeling I will be trying to do all of them before I start on the story mission.

My question to those that have beaten the game and played the DLC, is it worth it?? A small summary on your thoughts would he appreciated?

I liked the DLC, I know people had issues with the second of the three DLCs but I really enjoyed it. Basically it expands on the story of the game (takes place after the ending) and has a nice variety of new enemies to fight. I really enjoyed it all as the fights got harder and really made you use different gadgets. Plot wise is decent, as it also sets things up nicely for the sequel.

So yeah, if you enjoy the main game, the DLC is just more of the same in the best way. It goes on sale fairly frequently as well so its worth waiting to grab it all cheap.

Spidey (PS4) rocks. My favourite game of last year along with Judge Eyes and Monster Hunter World (wow, good year!)

Speaking of MHW, seeing as the DLC launch date is creeping up, I've gotten back into the game to get into shape. And then promptly spent the last two days playing the game. Yup, just as great as I remember, tons of optional quests left as well! Can't wait for Icecborne.

I've also been playing lots more Capcom games, mostly X-Men Children of the Atom this week. I love it, love the characters, big sprites, awesome combat. Magneto is a right evil git though! A monster to beat. Been playing the arcade, PS1 and Saturn versions, no surprise that the PS1 version sucks, the Saturn port rocks but the arcade one is just a little better. Also started to play a bit of Darkstalkers which is a series I've never put enough time into. Yeah, love that as well now that I'm playing it more!

Lastly, sticking with Marvel, I started Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Its good, though has quite a few performance issues of many kinds. I do love the r

waiting to play Spiderman.

I play Marathon (Aleph One) right now. DooM from 1993 was easier to play. In DooM you could see where is the exit and in Marathon you didn't know this. You can only watch the computer-screens and hope it was the right one. :-) The controls aren't easy. And the physics for falling is very slow.

I've just finished the main story of Yoku's Island Express, a pretty delightful pinball platformer loosely in the vein of Sonic Spinball, but with what I guess you'd call a metroidvania structure. You're a dung beetle pushing a ball around a tropical island, and therefore can't jump so rely on flippers and bumpers to ping yourself around.

It won Best Debut Game at this year's BAFTA awards. I've been playing on PS4 but it's also on Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

It's short (and priced accordingly - in fact it's 50% off on Steam for the next couple days) but I've still some remaining quests and collectables to pursue after the credits. I might not complete everything because a particular technique that must sometimes be used can be quite fiddly and frustrating. My overall experience has been very positive though, and the title theme alone is sensational:

i completed wolfenstine youngblood (ps4), now im going back to work on xbox halo reach, i was about half done before stopping for wolfenstine. (first time playing halo reach)

next game on my list is witcher 2 (xbox 360)

then onto s2 (ps4) for the first time since 2008.

yKcWFWM.jpg

Big improvement on previous times but still loads of improvement that could be made, think I'm going to put this to one side for a bit though.

Wcjkisk.png

For someone that doesn't play games much any more I definitely got my money's worth with this one.

Mortal Kombat mainly. Just finished in the top 5% for the week on Towers of Time. I have many games outstanding, primarily Yakuza 0, but haven't had a quiet few hours to myself to play it for a few weeks now.

My neurotic playlist is now pretty stablized thanks to the home stretch until Shenmue lll, plus the reveal of Yakuza 3-5HD. Just finished a random Shenmue ll disc 2 quick run; been speeding through Shenmue disc 3 past few days.

Now as follows:
Syberia 2
*What's Shenmue {August 27th}
Yakuza 1-4 {Aug 27-October 2nd}
*Shenmue (DC Japan+NA simultaneous) {October 3rd}
*Shenmue ll (DC Japan+2x simultaneous) {November 3rd}
SHENMUE lll [Japanese]
Yakuza 6+Shenmue 3 [ENGLISH]
Last Guardian
Yakuza 0

Might be able to squeeze Shadow of the Colossus in there bwteen my last full Shenmue and Shenmue 2 saves around Halloween?

Last edited:
Yakuza 1-4 {Aug 27-October 2nd}
So quickly...? Good luck with that :p

I've gotten back into Judgment again :) I sort of got fatigued with it especially in chapter 5 when it goes over the backstory case - it felt excessive to me. But the announcement of Yakuza 3-5 finally happening has brought back all the RGG Studio joys! I'll be playing this from now and through September but I'm also hoping to squeeze Catherine's Full Body in-between Judgment & my final Shenmue 1 & 2 playthrough before the big day - Starting that in October & intend to fully indulge into it, not rushing but exploring all I can! Oh and Until Dawn creator's new game Man of Medan comes out 20th of August, so I'll be playing that on Fridays with a friend :)

The Plan:
Judgment - Aug/Sep
Man of Medan - Aug
Catherine Full body - Sep
Shenmue - Oct
Shenmue II - Oct/Nov

apex legends.

never realised free on games dont need a ps+ membership to play online. bad for me as i tend to get a little addicted.

Valkyria Chronicles 4
And got 1 free month of gamepass of pc. So I'll play gears of war remastered and 4 (never had a xbox 360) and waiting for Gears 5 too

Well I finally finished Judgment the other night. Fantastic game (as always from RGG studios). Will probably be in my GOTY list come the end of the year.

I'm now floating between a few different games.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled -- Is it just me or is this WAY harder than the original PSone Game? I know how to play the game...I know it's all about boosting and hopping to insane speeds, but the AI feels so ruthless in this version. The rubber banding is really bad at times. Still, I am having fun with it. The controls still feel as tight and fun as they ever did...but yeah, I don't remember the AI being this ruthless in the original game. But it's been a while since I played the PSX version.

Tekken 7 -- Still doing player matches online. Still trying to get better at Tekken. Still realizing that I still prefer Virtua Fighter 5 even after all these years. You know, as much as I pine for VF6...I'm almost at a point of thinking that VF5 is do damn perfect as is that I really don't know where they could go with VF6 outside of a graphical update? The gameplay just feels so damn tight in VF5 that I honestly don't know what they could do with a potential VF6 outside of just giving it a graphical update (maybe go all out and make it an example of Ray Traced beauty)...but this ain't Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is still fun to me, but there is just so much bullshit in this game that sometimes detracts from what made Tekken in the first place. I really hate the projectile characters they added. Noctis feels like he belongs in Soul Calibur moreso than Tekken.

I feel like Tekken 7 is the left over remnants of what was once Tekken X Street Fighter with all the Rage Arts stuff and what not. It's a fun game, but I feel so much of the added stuff really detracts from what made Tekken in the first place. Still, I do enjoy playing it online (for whatever reason)...even though I get my ass handed to me more often than not. Although I feel I learn something new with every match.

Virtua Fighter 2 -- I don't know why but I still find myself periodically going back to VF2 lately and just playing through Arcade Mode in this ever constant quest to keep improving my time. The fastest I've gotten so far is just over 6 minutes with Sarah. I've also gotten just over 9 minutes with Shun Di recently. I absolutely adore VF2...it is on my top 10 list of all time.

Crazy Taxi -- Every now and then I will find myself going back to Crazy Taxi...this is what I've always loved about Sega Arcade games...they're timeless. You can pick 'em up. Play for a few minutes (or hours) and have an absolute blast doing so. No bullshit long winded cut scenes. Just all gameplay. Crazy Taxi is still as much fun as it ever has been or ever will be. I know its version of San Francisco like the back of my head.

Shenmue -- I went back to the Steam version but had to stop because my PC is on its last legs...anytime I play a game on my PC, it tends to lock the system up. I think the PSU is starting to die in it...hence my need to build a new rig sooner than later. Also, I was recording my playthrough in hope to upload to my Youtube channel...but audio issues arose in said recordings which left me to abandon that idea. I was trying to record it with Windows built in Xbox DVR but for whatever reason, I kept getting weird audio issues...either a further sign my PC is truly dying or something wrong with Xbox DVR. As for Shenmue...I still kind of want to stream it on my Youtube channel. I might do so on the PS4 version...just stream a complete playthrough. I don't know why but I just want to record one playthrough of Shenmue for some reason.

Yakuza 3 -- I only just bought the Yakuza Remastered Collection on Sunday night so I haven't had much time to dabble in it. After being spoiled by the Dragon Engine...I forgot how stiff the fighting is in the PS3 Yakuza games...still, I'm enjoying it as much as I did the first time around. Maybe I'll blitz through the main story before Catherine Full Body and Final Fantasy VIII Remastered come out next week.

So that's my full list of things I'm floating back and forward between lately.

Last edited:
Same; I know the original course of CT like the back of my hand too!

Can't remember the best I've gotten, but it was 30 thousand+.

Also can't remember my best time with VF2, but it was definitely under 10 minutes and would've been with Wolf (the only character in the series I am consistently good with).

Seeing it in 60 FPS on the Saturn, just puts a smile on my face all day.

Back