What are you playing?

Too bad... I've always like the PS3/PS4 (PS4 is better) interface! Guess Sony will always have a leg up on UI ;)

Definitely still prefer PS3 UI to PS4, actually. Neither are bad, both very intuitive for me and simple.

Well I finally got the platinum for Mortal Kombat 11.

I started playing Rage 2 and kind of got bored of it. Talk about games that really don't need to be open world and that one screams "look at me." One of the dullest open worlds I've ever been in...Really dull. But the gunplay isn't half bad...still makes me wish I was playing Doom instead. Maybe I'll platinum it one day when bored because it doesn't seem like a hard platinum to get.

Now I'm back into Persona 5 going for its Platinum. I figure I'll clean out the last 11 trophies I need for it before Judgement arrives at the end of the month.

Last edited:
I just started playing parasite eve 1 for the first time. I missed it back then because I had no Import PS1 back then. But now after getting a US NTSC PS1 I can finally Play it. So far it is really good.

On my Xbox I Play Shenmue 1 (got it thanks to the game pass) and it is great as always. I even like the controlls more than the controls of the Ps4 Version. I am more familiar with the layout of the Dreamcast Controller and the Xbox Controller is closer to the Dreamcast one. That is why I can handle it better.

I am not saying that that ps4 controlls are bad. It is nothing like that, it just takes some time to get used to it. But apparently I am fully immersed into the Dreamcast pad, so my Dreamcast Knowledge can be used for the Xbox Controller. Unlike the ps4 Controller where I have to get used to the controlls.

On the Ps4 I just finished Days Gone. A masterpiece in my eyes. The only open world game in the history of open worlds I finished voluntary. All other open world games People tend I love, like Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2 and the other one were boring asf and I could not finish them.

Not bad games but not my Cup of Tea. Days Gone on the other Hand managed to Keep me enterained the whole time. And even after the main Story it remains intersting.

@danielmann861 Good to see I'm not the only person who uses PSN Profiles; great site!

I'm playing a little bit of WSB 2K2 for the Dreamcast; what an incredible baseball game (if not a touch too easy), its so great reliving the parks and players of when I was growing up!

I'm also itching to play a bit of Greatest Nine, '98: Summer Edition, for the Saturn, but I can't track down a CRT and it is quite bothersome (my parents have a perfectly good Sony that they are still using, even though they have a 50 inch LED Toshiba that they AREN'T using, which makes no sense).

Oh well!

Finally beat Legend of Zelda BOTW. While this was another masterpiece for the Zelda franchise IMO Zelda can sometimes over stay its welcome. Some of these games can be long and tedious. The only two things I didn't finish were the Korok seeds and the compendium. IMO it's not worth it.

Finished all of the bonus stuff on Rabi Ribi yesterday. A really mad metroidvania with bullet hell boss fights, which were some of the most fun (and challenging) fights I've beaten in quite a while.
Capcom wise I've been working through Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom on PS3 and Saturn, and its certainly one of the most advanced brawlers I've played with all the mechanics going on. Makes it really fun though and the multiple paths and very different character classes make it super replayable.

I've now moved onto Bloodstained (which just arrived) and that seems like a decent Metroidvania from what little I played. I should have both Yakuza 5 and Judgment arrive soon, looking forward to diving into both of those (again!)

282gXbM.jpg

Completed RE2 Leon A again, it's not amazing but this is likely to be my best time. I could maybe shave a few minutes off in the RPD with the right amount of luck, I definitely end up overstocked with heals and ammo.

As someone who has beaten all of the N.Trophy Time Trails and most of the N.Oxide ones on the original CTR, I cannot believe how absurdly difficult this game is on Hard. The problem is I blitz Meidum Difficulty for breakfast, but Hard is like racing 7 N.Oxides on the A Game. There's no happy medium and a lot of the turns I can make with no issue seem to be very un-even on this Remaster - Like the beginning of Papu's Pyramid. The mechanics just feel completely different, which I wouldn't mind in any other genre but this..

I just played for the first time Brothers - a tale of two sons on PS4 in one go. They say you can finish it in 3 hours, took me about six.

At first I thought quite nicely done, but as time goes on there will be some very cool encounters, beautiful views and twists. It's adventure, it's fantasy, magical, emotional, all in all it's fair to say it's a masterpiece! I encourage you to try it!

Last edited:
View attachment 3338
As someone who has beaten all of the N.Trophy Time Trails and most of the N.Oxide ones on the original CTR, I cannot believe how absurdly difficult this game is on Hard. The problem is I blitz Meidum Difficulty for breakfast, but Hard is like racing 7 N.Oxides on the A Game. There's no happy medium and a lot of the turns I can make with no issue seem to be very un-even on this Remaster - Like the beginning of Papu's Pyramid. The mechanics just feel completely different, which I wouldn't mind in any other genre but this..

I've never played Crash Team Racing but I'm hearing that the AI is impossible to beat. Would you reccomend buying it or should I wait for the developers to patch it?

Working on a few games this week:
Yakuza 5 - this one will take ages. Replaying it on my PS4 and the remaster is fantastic. But I also plan on doing everything, which in this game means I'll probably be playing for another 140 hours!

Cuphead (Switch) - Almost done with world 2, just got the Dragon to finish off, loving it, though it seems a tad easier than I remember!

Team Sonic Racing - really enjoying this, the team mechanic works way better than I expected it to, the music is excellent and its got a nice level of challenge to it. Almost done with campaign mode now, just have to finish the last world.

View attachment 3338
I bought this on a whim at the supermarket and went into it blind, I'm glad it's not just me and other people find it really fucking hard!

Yakuza 0
God of War

I've already beat Yakuza 0 I'm just tryna 100% the game. Jo Amon is destroying everything I love.

Reactions: SCQ
Currently playing Final Fantasy XIV in anticipation for their expansion Shadowbringers in a few days - I'm still shocked I am enjoying that game's story so much more than pretty much every other FF since X - it's a MMO, MMOs are supposed to have terrible stories, who lied to me?

Back