Shenmue III Gamescom 2019 Content

Yeah, I much prefer imploring people to try it because it's unique and stands apart from the rest of the market, rather than "lol young people and non-fans won't like it because it's not AAA game 452: shooty deathvegeance awakenings".
Yeah. It's great to be pragmatic and get ahead of that possibility and all, but when 20+ other journalists have already said it, it's better to approach the issue from another angle and actually bring something new to the table.

Well, now I feel bad for the german guys, they seemed really hyped to have a chance to talk with YS.
Is pretty much expected that the trial will be in the same setting as the demo right ?

Well, now I feel bad for the german guys, they seemed really hyped to have a chance to talk with YS.
Is pretty much expected that the trial will be in the same setting as the demo right ?

I think Yu will give them a wild card for something else in the future. He's too kind not to do that.

I just wish it was... I don't know... a little less goofy? It kinda feels really fan service-y, maybe even bordering on self paradical, you know? And they keep doing that. It's like "hey, remember all those wacky mini games from the first two games? Well, we got a ton of those. And you know those annoying, abysmally acted goofy kids from the first game who always asked you to go play? Well, check this out. Oh and did someone mention fork lifts? Lolz"

I'd prefer something with some more conventional orchestral music (like the original theme or what they did with the prophecy trailer), something cinematic and that is focussed on both the series' history and its fundemental storyline. Tell us about Ryo's father, how he was murdered in front of Ryo's eyes, the mirrors, Lan Di, Ryo's quest for revenge and how far he has travelled.

I loved what we got, but I would love something more serious next.

Nice to see Playstation upload the trailer. Good for more exposure

Cool! It has about a quarter dislikes which is not too bad. The upset people really are a minority

Do not worry at @Reprise I am quite sure we get another cinematic Trailer at the launch or maybe already at the TGS. The gamescom was more a Gameplay Trailer. And it is a good thing to see the game in Action.

But I have to agree another more cinematic Trailer would be a nice thing too.

Here is the full translation of the Rocketbeans program

Gregor: "we are back here at our Rocketbeans stage live on Rocketbeans TV, this is awesome right?
i want some applause please. ... okay, thanks for the applause, otherwise it would have been really awkward.
it makes me happy that you guys are happy. i'm happy too because now i will talk to you about Shenmue 3.
you probably saw our schedule on the website and that this section was supposed to be 30 minutes long
and we had a appointment with Yu Suzuki to get a little live talk
but you have to remember that Yu Suzuki is not a young boy anymore, these events can be really stressfull,
... so sadly i think he got infected by our team member Etienne (its an inside joke because Etienne is always sick).

i hope you can understand that he had to cancel this interview. but we will still have a guest ... Simon Krätschmer!
(Gregor & Simon are big Shenmue fans, their Lets Play Shenmue playlist
is the very first Shenmue playlist you can find on Youtube)

Simon: "well what a surprise, its not like everyone already saw me because i was down there in the audience a minute ago.
sorry again to anyone who tried to ask me something, i saw how Gregor was already on the stage so i had to go.
its unacceptable that all the applause is just for him so i had to come as quick as i can.
you already explained the Yu Suzuki problem to our audience right? ...
did you know that everyone here is already talking about that? its not a joke, really, i heard it a couple of times
from different people, -Yu Suzuki has stomache problems-. at least three people told me right now that they know
that -Yu Suzuki is sick, he doesnt feel good-.
i feel really sorry for him."

Gregor: "well Simon we can still talk about Shenmue 3. i prepared a small clip that i wanted to show Yu Suzuki
for the live interview ... sadly plans have changed but we can still watch the clip.
last year i was in Dobuita, the place from Shenmue 1 and i recorded this little clip here.
(Gregor in Japan and how he uses one of the vending machines with the original Shenmue sounds added)

Simon: "wow, wonderful Gregor! that was a real clip of Shenmue 3! how did you get this footage?! (humor!)

Gregor: "Simon, were you able to check out Shenmue 3 at the E3 2019?"
Simon: "Yes."
Gregor: "i just came back from the Gamescom demo a couple of minutes ago. it was probably the same demo at E3.
we also have this new trailer, we will show it in the background while we are talking."

Simon: "so ... it starts in this really small but beautiful village where the townspeople are offering their goods
but it was a completely different place, not the one you can see in this new trailer right now.
the place in the demo is way smaller, with like one street with shops and way less people.
you were able to play games there too but it had nothing to do with the games you can see in this trailer.
and i have to say its really impressive now that i see this trailer again ... because i was a little afraid
that they will just make the same content again and again in every village or town
but as you can see in the new trailer, there is progress and there are different things in different regions."

Gregor: "okay, it sounds like we played the same demo with the small village. is this village Guilin?
i'm not 100% sure if this is just a part of Guilin or if this place is a halt in between."

Simon: "it feels like a little tutorial place, you have to get some informations and you can get them
in a lot of different ways, you can play games, you can fight ... it already has the typical Shenmue charm."

Gregor: "thats right! and it was really nice to try out everything. i was in a dojo for a fight
and it doesnt feel like in the old games, its a bit different with leveling up and you have to train way more."

Simon: "yeah and i see the comments in the chat right now, yes this game is not a AAA game,
so yes its not the best looking game of 2019. it almost looks like there is a modern emulated Dreamcast filter on top of it.
but please remember, this game has a way smaller budget than other modern open world story games.
it simply can not look like a modern AAAAAAAAA game, please understand this.

Gregor: "true true. and now that i was able to play it myself i have to say that there is a huge difference
between all the video footage and playing it yourself because you cant capture this mood or feeling in a video.
of course there are things that maybe look a bit weird like the robotic chopping wood game
but the important thing is the feeling and that its fun.
we will talk about all of this later in depth because the next section with Wasteland 3 is coming up ...
altogether i have to say the gameplay feels exactly like Shenmue ... you have some new elements
like the display for your hunger, to be honest i didnt really understand this mechanic
because you have to eat to be a better fighter? ...
we cant promise anything for Shenmue 3 here on our channel, we will see what we can do when the full game is out
but what i can say is that Simon and i will have fun with this game."

Simon: "yeah i really have to say this - we have a lot of stuff here, the newest games, the newest projects,
every publisher here wants your attention by showing the best graphics and so on.
and this is all nice and good but something like Shenmue is more special
because you dont get these kind of games anymore. not a ot of developers are allowed or have the courage
to make a game like Shenmue. i can understand that this is not the biggest hype game for every gamer here
but i still think that Shenmue 3 is worth your time, its gonna be an awesome game. please check it out."
Thats really great what They both says About shenmue 3.. That shenmue is unique and special and everyone should give it a chance and try it out byself and gives then Fun (entartaining) what other huge AAA games diden't gave them anymore..this blockbuster Games looks maybe better but They just repeat over and over again With the same boring Gameplay or storys and Missions almost just each year a lil Update from the year b4 like it where only a sport s game like fifa 2018 or 2019 or 2020 Not much differents anymore between the years that Home,and so like that this Games are bored as fuck more&More.... So shenmue 3 Comes maybe in the du right Time to shine... I hope so 4me its 1000%sure its Game of the year and maybe Game of this Generation

It kinda feels really fan service-y, maybe even bordering on self paradical, you know? And they keep doing that. It's like "hey, remember all those wacky mini games from the first two games? Well, we got a ton of those. And you know those annoying, abysmally acted goofy kids from the first game who always asked you to go play? Well, check this out. Oh and did someone mention fork lifts? Lolz"

You're right but on the other side, they always claimed the game was made by the fans for the fans. They want to please the fans first.

Back