~ Road to CyberPunk 2077 Thread ~

While I agree in general, the bold is not something that should be adhered to, IMO.

I'm pre-ordering every single RGG title, the moment they open. I'm pre-ordering anything Shenmue, the moment it becomes available. Etc.

For a game you are looking to get into, I agree to wait until the dust settles, but if you've been following something religiously since day one and/or have an emotional/monetary investment into the project (of which 99.9% of gamers don't), I don't see why pre-ordering something is out of the question; you're a fan and you'll buy it.

But yes, again, for the casuals or people that don't get emotionally-invested into these games, pre-ordering is dumb. Companies SHOULD have disclaimers, stating that there will be multiple patches/updates, before there is a finished project; had CDPR (or whatever the acronym is) done that from the beginning, they would've had a leg to stand on, legally and people would go in, knowing what to expect, to an extent.

Sure, it would have looked a bit bad on them, but their integrity wouldn't have been called into question and their reputation wouldn't have taken as much of a hit.
This is how I feel about Shenmue and possibly 1 or 2 other franchises that I would buy on day one. Even though not planned, for me it was cheaper to skip nearly 13 years of video games and revisit all the games when they were in the $5 bin. It's a hobby that doesn't have enough good stuff to justify $60+ with new releases every time a title drops. I risked $66 on Ghost of Tsushima cause I could tell intuitively and from the presentation leading to day one that it would be worth every penny. I expected Cyberpunk to be overhyped but didn't expect it to be less than average, so this was a shocker. It's obvious in an era with less and less playable demos and more things going digital with no refunds that the gaming industry is ok with this practice, and the consumers don't put their foot down, which seems to be an issue in many industries worldwide.

So I've been doing some more digging and watching critical reviews and I've decided to skip out on this game this gen. I'll try it next gen when I can get one(console) for a cheaper pricing plus a smaller entry fee(sales).

Yea, nothing revolutionary at all despite all the implication about it during their dev interviews. Just a new skin and coat of paint on the same mainstream formula. Despite that, coming out broken and unplayable is..."Big OOF".

I really like these guys(CDPR), plus Yu Suzuki's works is a major source of inspirations for them. They gotta go back and re-study Shenmue 1 & 2. The design foundations in those two games are still viable today for learning & delivering a unique epic open world adventure.

As people have pointed out here before, it is ultimately us consumers who can change things and who are also at least in part to blame for why the industry is as it is.

My main takeaway from games like Cyberpunk, Mass Effect Andromeda, No Man's Sky and so on is to be aware of the hype culture.

Don't preorder games, don't blindly buy on day one. Wait for reviews to come out, there's also always some guy who has video footage of a game up on Youtube or some other social media network.

This whole preorder and day one culture has to stop. It is the main why companies hype up games and overpromise.
The fact that people buy FIFA games over PES and scalping consoles is profitable shows that consumer habits are not changing any time soon.

To think people scoffed at something as refreshingly different (and functional) as Shenmue 3, while eagerly awaiting the release of...well, this.
I'm not trying to be mean to anyone who likes Cyberpunk (it might be a fun game, I really don't know), but my god I've thought about this every day since the game released. I know Shenmue 3 isn't perfect, but god dangit, it's a great game with loads of heart, incredible attention to detail, absolutely gorgeous textures and scene composition, and hardly a glitch in sight. And barely anyone is around to appreciate it. Shenmue is just fucking cursed.

Shenmue 3 is a great game outside of the fact that there wasn't much story progression. Cyberpunk has no real story to tell and the game is less than mediocre with everything it does, oh and there's also the deceptive business practices and broken glitch issues. It's amazing how much hot garbage is out there while shenmue gets overlooked. Though not surprising because that's how it typically is in society whether it's social views, music, movies or video games. Got to look to find the gems.

Some of the bugs are really Mass Effect Andromeda material. :) Maybe it's a Mario 64 type of situation where the bugs and glitches genuinely make the game better. I don't know.

After reading some reviews and seeing some gameplay footage of the ps4 version, I've made up my mind and decided against the game. Looks too generic to me, run-of-the-mill open world game.

Some of the bugs are really Mass Effect Andromeda material. :) Maybe it's a Mario 64 type of situation where the bugs and glitches genuinely make the game better. I don't know.

After reading some reviews and seeing some gameplay footage of the ps4 version, I've made up my mind and decided against the game. Looks too generic to me, run-of-the-mill open world game.
CyberPunk graphical textures on PS4 look like Mario 64 😂 It is run of the mill. It's even worse than other overhyped(or really bad) franchises. Even though CyberPunk is more entertaining from a comical standpoint in its current state, outside of that games like Assassins Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza, Uncharted, Call of Duty, Gears of War, God of War and Halo are even better than CyberPunk. That's says A LOT!

If you're looking for a good laugh look around on YouTube at the glitch compilations. This is one of my favorite characters :D

I like the game so far. Besides 3 crashes I had no game breaking issues with on me ps5. I did not buy into the hype, was completely immune to the hype so I am not disappointed at all because I had no expectations about game. I like the setting and the whole world is quite interesting. The combat is fun and I hope the game is going to improve with patches.

There's now reporting of corrupting save files if you play the game too much...oh man this is not looking good at all.

CDPR may be not able to recover from this at the rate things is unvieling.

The game is prolly too ambitious and they're lacking dev talent to fully realize it tbh. It needed to break new "technical" grounds to pull off its true vision and they scaled back to being cookie cutter as they realized CDPR has no-one to spearhead that endeavor with a revolving door of devs during the dev hell they went through.

Makes me more really appreciative of how important it is for dev's to work together as a tight-knit team with a proven body of hit-works such as Yu Suzuki and his legendary Am2 studio.

There's now reporting of corrupting save files if you play the game too much...oh man this is not looking good at all.

CDPR may be not able to recover from this at the rate things is unvieling.

The game is prolly too ambitious and they're lacking dev talent to fully realize it tbh. It needed to break new "technical" grounds to pull off its true vision and they scaled back to being cookie cutter as they realized CDPR has no-one to spearhead that endeavor with a revolving door of devs during the dev hell they went through.

Makes me more really appreciative of how important it is for dev's to work together as a tight-knit team with a proven body of hit-works such as Yu Suzuki and his legendary Am2 studio.
They'll be fine. As people have mentioned here, despite the crashes the game is playable for the most part. You're in a situation now where any bit of negative news is going to be spread like wildfire.

Bungled launch yes, but the verdict is still it's a good game and has already sold a tonne. Just means they are going to double down restoring their reputation and their next game will actually release in a good state.

I also think they are going to be alright in long terms if they fix the game in the next couple of month. The internet crowd has a very short fuse but they also have very bad long term memory. If CDP makes it to make the game running most folks in the internet will forget the bad start.

Last edited:
It is total playable on higher specs machines, so the marker one of the biggest disasters of all times is overblown. But it shows perfectly how toxic gaming has become. Games must become shorter again. Nobody needs this long open world games if we have to wait decades for the release if we do not want to see any bugs. I am old already. I do not have the time to wait 10 years for games.

Back