~ Road to CyberPunk 2077 Thread ~

Hey dudes!
I'm very, very, VERY, excited for CyberPunk 2077!
Anyone here on the same page?

Let's discuss some of the game details and mechanics.
Coming from CD PROJECT RED, wich made the aclaimed Witcher series, and being Witcher 3 revered by many as one of the greatest RPGs ever made, CyberPunk hype among many gamers couldn't be higher.

The game seems to have dozens and dozens of perks and abilities you can unlock and stats you can evolve.
This game will be something special I feel.

Share your thoughts!
kisspng-cyberpunk-2077-logo-game-electronic-entertainment-cyberpunk-2077-logo-5b4b606e264d14.7...png

I was so impressed with The Witcher III that this was always going to be on the must buy list. That and it's one of those games that I probably dreamt about before it was even announced. I have watch a few bits of gameplay here and there, along with the latest presentation they did, but have refrained from learning more about it to keep it fresh when it comes time to play. The latest presentation however did have its critics; namely the melee combat looking like some from the Elder Scrolls series and the environments being sparsely populated.

I have made the decision that I will be buying the game on the PS5 and only when they release the neg-gen update.

I actually have this on Pre-order for PC. Debating whether to switch it to PS5 or not.

So this isn't out yet, right?

I've recently seen the trailer that shows the guy driving around at night, and the atmosphere and lighting was very impressive.

Is this still coming to the old console generation or only PC and next gen consoles?

If this is coming to PS4, I'll definitely keep it on my radar.

So this isn't out yet, right?

I've recently seen the trailer that shows the guy driving around at night, and the atmosphere and lighting was very impressive.

Is this still coming to the old console generation or only PC and next gen consoles?

If this is coming to PS4, I'll definitely keep it on my radar.
Coming to both this and next gen + PC :)

I'm not a proper "gamer" anymore but I'm quietly looking forward to this. I have a respectable PC for gaming, I was looking to buy a new GPU with this in mind but spoke to a couple of my mates and they've convinced me to hold out.

I have watch a few bits of gameplay here and there, along with the latest presentation they did, but have refrained from learning more about it to keep it fresh when it comes time to play.
Exactly the same here.

the environments being sparsely populated.
Urgh, I hope not. That would really undermine the immersion for me. I was actually pleased when I saw the world was less "square miles" than that of Witcher 3, I'd hoped it would have an apt density to it.

The latest presentation however did have its critics; namely the melee combat looking like some from the Elder Scrolls series and the environments being sparsely populated.
It also had a few criticisms about the stealth playstyle not being that engaging and a bit cluncky.

I hope it turns well, the quest design on Witcher 3 was fantastic so I have high expectations on that area. I will probably build a new pc for it since my 8 year old pc is showing its age.

I also want to see how the media will react to the character editor since it seems it allows to customize everything including genitals.

customize everything including genitals.
tf? Why? Why would anyone want to do that? :ROFLMAO:

Fantasy settings aren't really something I get up for, but I love a good cyberpunk setting. I've sort of debated whether I'd want to preorder it or not, but at this point I think I'll just get it at release, or sometime after. I don't expect that it will be one of my favorite games, but if it's at least as good as The Outer Worlds, I'd probably be happy with paying full price for it. Especially since it's CD Projekt.

Coming to both this and next gen + PC :)
Great, thanks for letting me know . Covid hit the economy really hard so I'll have to be careful with the money but I'll keep it on my radar and maybe get it when it's cheaper or buy a used copy at some point down the line. Not in a hurry to play this. I still have quite a backlog of other games to do. :D

from what ive seen on youtube, i dont like the look of the gun gameplay in cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
Just look at this skill tree.
There is also XP and street cred. Each one unlock different things you can do or upgrade your character with.
For example, the ability to steal a car from a pedestrian has to be unlocked !
The gameplay you experience seems to influenced a lot by the stats you choose to upgrade your character with.
Pure RPG.
ekm3zoeplpg41.png

I actually have this on Pre-order for PC. Debating whether to switch it to PS5 or not.
Do you not currently own a PS4? You can preorder it on PS4 and when it releases for PS5 you will get a free copy. But if you currently have no ps4 it would be pointless.

Do you not currently own a PS4? You can preorder it on PS4 and when it releases for PS5 you will get a free copy. But if you currently have no ps4 it would be pointless.
Yeah I have a PS4. I thought I'd go for PC as it would be the proper experience (without causing a PC v Console debate lol) but as it's coming to PS5, which I will be getting, I'm torn now.

Since I completed Ghost of Tsushima, I've only played a handful of matches on Mortal Kombat. Apart from that, I haven't turned the thing on. Furthermore, I don't plan on getting any more games this year (Outriders depending on reviews) so I may have a long period without gaming as I'm only planning on getting this with this next gen update. Wonder if I can hang on that long.

Since I completed Ghost of Tsushima, I've only played a handful of matches on Mortal Kombat. Apart from that, I haven't turned the thing on. Furthermore, I don't plan on getting any more games this year (Outriders depending on reviews) so I may have a long period without gaming as I'm only planning on getting this with this next gen update. Wonder if I can hang on that long.
Same here. Saving Cyberpunk for when I build a new PC sometime next year.

Back