[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

I believe when Mechwarrior 5 opened refunds, 700 out of 20,000+ requested refunds. Keep in mind Epic is paying the refunds. It’s nothing.

That was for the first hours indeed. After that, they stopped communicating the numbers.

As for me, I'm still thinking where I stand.
I'd be fine waiting a year for a Steam key.
But should I take the risk that they tell me "well, we decided not to in fact" ?

Rock-n-Sock-Connection.jpg

And dozens!

I dont think we have to really be afraid about anything. Most people who want a refund chose the 30 or 60 dollar version
and we know from other Kickstarter projects that maybe 1-10% of all backers
want a refund because of whatever problems there are. That would be about lets say 1000 and 7000 people,
so in the worst case scenario (all of them chose the 60€ version for example) thats something between 50.000 and 400.000€.
Thats nothing for Epic, they paid way way way more money for other exclusive games.

I am reluctant to even believe some of those people. There are some very strange characters in that site that would lie about getting a refund just for the rush of approval. I can already see a couple people breathlessly making posts so they can animate the thread’s corpse and keep the controversy going.
This is ResetERA's aim. It's cancel culture. To be an angry mob hating on whatever's the next cool thing to hate. Let's face it, they can't ruin something as legendary as Shenmue.

There are now people on Era saying it was never made for the fans and was just for money. They're seriously delusional. Yu Suzuki came out of retirement with his cushy adviser role to sleep in his office for 4 years to make a game that is niche and was never guaranteed to be a success and he doesn't care about fans? Lol, you have to despise EGS so much to believe that. Like, a proper fucking idiot.

Of course Deep Silver want to make money and it's like they have no idea what a publisher is or does. It's seriously deranged. It's hard to not reply to them but I'd just be bumping the thread which is what they want.

Ugh, now I'm guilty of bumping that ERA thread. Last time though but I just had to get my 2 cents in.

On another note, I'd love to be hopeful, but don't think the negative headlines will just disappear. They will latch on to anything as the game approaches launch ("Some backers are still waiting for refunds" or "Shenmue 3 launches in a week - backers still don't know if they will get Steam keys" etc.). Just steel yourself for that.

I dont think we have to really be afraid about anything. Most people who want a refund chose the 30 or 60 dollar version
and we know from other Kickstarter projects that maybe 1-10% of all backers
want a refund because of whatever problems there are. That would be about lets say 1000 and 7000 people,
so in the worst case scenario (all of them chose the 60€ version for example) thats something between 50.000 and 400.000€.
Thats nothing for Epic, they paid way way way more money for other exclusive games.
In my case I'll have a 260$ refund. It's hard to tell exactly how much Epic will have to pay for refunds in total. Sure, they got the money to do that, it won't be a problem for them --> RIP Kickstarter anyway.

That was for the first hours indeed. After that, they stopped communicating the numbers.

As for me, I'm still thinking where I stand.
I'd be fine waiting a year for a Steam key.
But should I take the risk that they tell me "well, we decided not to in fact" ?

Well, you could ask for a refund, then buy it when/if it releases on Steam? It's the same thing. If it doesn't release on Steam, and you don't want it on PS4, I suggest just using the Epic store. I think it's a decent client, personally.

Just opened my PC Backer Email and took a look at the wording of the Survey.

I had 2 accounts, one for PC Physical and one for PS4 Physical. I'm not bothered about the EGS situation (I just want to help fund & ultimately play S3 lol), so am happy with my survey, but noticed that there is a optional tick box asking if I would "Also" like a steam key.
I previously got the idea that people who were not happy with EGS would have the option to "delay" their EGS Key, and receive a Steam key next year (if it ends up going to Steam). Just to clarify, I assume that tick box will keep my survey the same (Physical PC EGS Installer Disc :p) but I'll basically be getting a free Steam key later down the line to add it to my Steam Library? Is that correct?
That's how I understand it. Yes.

I do chuckle at the fact that for years PC gamers proclaimed themselves the 'master race' and were above the 'pathetic console wars' yet when it happened to them, they turned out to be the biggest, whiniest cry babies of them all.

4K ultrawide monitor $600
Radeon automatic water cooled raytracing circuit board $800
Singular GPU in flashing lights case with hamster powered cooling system $500
Double clicking the EGS icon : nope sorry that's too much

Back