[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

This is never going to go well because you have an extremely passionate fan base 'defending' their game from all sorts of critics, whether or not the criticism is warranted, and you're basically on Ground Zero for Shenmue fans.

End of the day, I want Shenmue more than I care about the ethics of the Epic Games Store or Kickstarter. I waited 18 years. I'm not going to throw out the baby with the bathwater. That's just me. I respect you if you don't want to do the same as me, but I don't think anyone from either side is gonna persuade the other side.

Less than 2 months to go! Already got my holiday booked with work and arrangements made. I'll play Tuesday evening when the munchkin is in bed. Then My wife is going to work on the Wednesday and my parent's in law are having my son for the day, so I have all day to play the game by myself. Bliss!
I wish I had the courage to take one or two day off wotk to do that hahahaa I don't know if I can hahaha

What backseat moderating ? I said that user wasn't piling on everyone ?
They just said "I'll take the refund then". Someone ask them "Why ?" (so it's not like that user was whining or anything) then that person kindly explained why. Then another user pilled on them for stating their reason. Then others followed suit.

Heck, this thread started because I was wondering what negotiation they're talking about and another user just felt the need to pile on me.

I don't see a "us vs them" thing going on. I see something really one sided: Those who don't agree with the outcome are bad people, therefore they should be piled on. I didn't see anyone here calling for the head of YsNet or anything. That some people doesn't care about others people issue is fine. But let's be fair, it sounds like they actually care to the point of attacking them. Yeah, that's a toxic behaviour. No, I'm not backseat modding. I'm not asking for someone to be banned or warned. I'm not telling anyone how to do their job or anything. I'm saying that it's not true. It's not a "both of you stop" situation.

And it's sad because Dojo is a great place to talk about Shenmue with very passionate people. It's just sad and stupid that some people feel like the urge to shit on other people because they don't have the same issues.
I'm sorry but no, if you dont agree with a moderating decision then that's fine but discuss it with Peter or the mod in question via pm. Whatever your intention it comes across as backseat moderating.

That's the end of this discussion. PM is open by all means. The threads been derailed enough.

This is never going to go well because you have an extremely passionate fan base 'defending' their game from all sorts of critics, whether or not the criticism is warranted, and you're basically on Ground Zero for Shenmue fans.
I just want to reiterate that someone requesting a refund doesn't hurt Shenmue or Ys Net, as Epic themselves are covering all refunds. And in abawws case he stated he plans to buy the game later anyways, so this is actually a net positive for S3 rather than simply remaining neutral.

I wish I had the courage to take one or two day off wotk to do that hahahaa I don't know if I can hahaha

How come buddy? I've taken Wednesday - Friday off. It just doesn't feel right to be at work whilst Shenmue 3 is out. I've waited 18 years for this game. I'm contemplating taking the Tuesday off too, but as my wife points out we don't know what time the post will come and I can only really play in the evening after work when my son is in bed anyways.

How come buddy? I've taken Wednesday - Friday off. It just doesn't feel right to be at work whilst Shenmue 3 is out. I've waited 18 years for this game. I'm contemplating taking the Tuesday off too, but as my wife points out we don't know what time the post will come and I can only really play in the evening after work when my son is in bed anyways.
Dude it comes out 3 days before my wedding I'll be playing right up until the morning before haha.

I just want to reiterate that someone requesting a refund doesn't hurt Shenmue or Ys Net, as Epic themselves are covering all refunds. And in abawws case he stated he plans to buy the game later anyways, so this is actually a net positive for S3 rather than simply remaining neutral.
Either way, if someone's given a chance to pull their money and they want to, they should be able to. I get a little too heated when I see people making insinuations about Yu Suzuki's motivations, like this man who's dedicated so much of his career to advancing video games and making quality games just suddenly decided to become a comic book villain for no reason. Hell, I've even had my own motivations questioned. I'm a Shenmue fan. That's pretty much it. I'd like to do anything I can to ensure Shenmue III is a success and I don't have to wait in vain for Shenmue IV. That's my only motivation.

I have to explain my boss why i'm not working. And to say that is because a video-game sounds realy realy bad here hahaha
Tho, I will think about it really carefull and see what I can do! hehe
Dude it comes out 3 days before my wedding I'll be playing right up until the morning before haha.
Dudeeeeeeeeee you're crazy out of your mind hahahaa!!!
PLeeese don't miss the wedding xD

Ugh...just looking at the Bloodstained comments. There is just so much toxicity and entitlement among Kickstarter backers. No wonder the Shenmue Kickstarter-exclusive content was voted to not be available to slacker backers! I knew that such a petty and selfish attitude couldn't be representative of the true Shenmue fanbase as a whole.

Do these people really believe that IGA, Yu Suzuki, etc. aren't trying their best and just set out to scam everyone in the first place?! If that was the case, then these games wouldn't even exist now. People should only back Kickstarters if they truly care about the project being funded and coming to fruition. Sometimes there are snags in the process that can't be helped. Crowdfunding is not a platform for pre-ordering a product and it's certainly not designed so that everything has to be catered exactly to your desires.

Is the PS4 Kickstarter Exclusive case the same as the Slacker Backer one? I’m a KS Backer but in my survey email it’s down as a Slacker Backer exclusive case.

Is this the same for everyone in the same circumstances?

Cheers
Mine says "Kickstarter Exclusive Case." You should probably contact someone about that.

Congrats man. Sounds like it will be the best week of your life. Too bad that pesky wedding has to interfere with your Shenmue time though! ;)

Ugh...just looking at the Bloodstained comments. There is just so much toxicity and entitlement among Kickstarter backers. No wonder the Shenmue Kickstarter-exclusive content was voted to not be available to slacker backers! I knew that such a petty and selfish attitude couldn't be representative of the true Shenmue fanbase as a whole.

Do these people really believe that IGA, Yu Suzuki, etc. aren't trying their best and just set out to scam everyone in the first place?! If that was the case, then these games wouldn't even exist now. People should only back Kickstarters if they truly care about the project being funded and coming to fruition. Sometimes there are snags in the process that can't be helped. Crowdfunding is not a platform for pre-ordering a product and it's certainly not designed so that everything has to be catered exactly to your desires.

Mine says "Kickstarter Exclusive Case." You should probably contact someone about that.

Congrats man. Sounds like it will be the best week of your life. Too bad that pesky wedding has to interfere with your Shenmue time though! ;)
There are people who think Ys Net picking up a publisher was an actual bad thing and somehow a betrayal of Kickstarter backers, so no, they have no concern for any of the actual decision making that goes into these things. They want the best Shenmue/Bloodstained ever with limited funding and no outside influence from a publisher.

There are people who think Ys Net picking up a publisher was an actual bad thing and somehow a betrayal of Kickstarter backers, so no, they have no concern for any of the actual decision making that goes into these things. They want the best Shenmue/Bloodstained ever with limited funding and no outside influence from a publisher.

I never understood those people (and they do exist, I've seen them!). For some reason, they'd rather get 'The Adventures of Roy and Shannon' than a real Shenmue 3 with full publisher backing.

Back