[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

I'm hoping someone here will have extra Slacker Backer copies for sale. I'm willing to buy for the different slip cover. As well as any high tier goodies that I wasn't able to back for in 2015 but can afford now.

Hm, oh wow, you're right. The Slacker Backer edition will be more uncommon! :oops:.

suddenly a proud slacker backer

You can see the same old people trying to keep these refund threads alive. Not engaging in pointless debate seems to be working ☕

I opened my PS4 rewards, double-checked everything, then archived the email. Will be doing the same with my PC reward.

I just can't stop thinking about the demo and how it could drop any day now ?

Well at least there arent many negative articles or videos about this for now.
There is nothing big on Youtube, nothing, and there are like 3-4 articles about it on bigger websites,
on two of them there are no user comments at all and one has a couple of comments but nothing dramatic.
If thats all, its all good. We are talking about like 50-100 very loud people. Whatever

Am I simply blind or does there seem to be some egregious vendetta against Shenmue with these people?

I don't recall ever reading or hearing about much of a firestorm with Borderlands 3 being exclusive, but here we are with people just so mad in regards to this game.

Am I simply blind or does there seem to be some egregious vendetta against Shenmue with these people?

I don't recall ever reading or hearing about much of a firestorm with Borderlands 3 being exclusive, but here we are with people just so mad in regards to this game.
To be fair, no one actually cares about Borderlands 3. It's trashy video game junkfood at best.

Yes, you're right. But you know what? There's always been some type of vendetta against Shenmue for some reason and there's always been a segment of people trying to shit on the series and hold it down. From that old G4 show naming Shenmue the second worst game of all time, to people who would have you believe the game is nothing more than a sailor dating simulator, to Jeff Gerstmann managing to not get fired from his job long enough to open his stupid mouth and voice his useless opinions.

The only difference is that now you have a bunch of people claiming to be "loyal fans who were betrayed" because they jumped on the hype train in 2015 and backed the Kickstarter instead of people who openly admit that they're haters from the start. But while all these attempts to sabotage the series throughout the years may have been damn near successful and may have slowed things down considerably, they have ultimately failed. Here we finally are, less than two months away from the release of Shenmue III.

I'm sure these people would love nothing more than to see Shenmue disappear into the abyss once and for all. But in reality, Shenmue is stronger than ever. It has a rabid fanbase that has had nearly two decades to cultivate its loyal following. It finally has both a publisher and a financial backer that believe in it, and gone are the days that we have to watch every E3, TGS, etc. with bated breath and hope against hope that Sega will miraculously make some kind of Shenmue-related announcement.

So, my point here is that yes, there is some egregious vendetta against Shenmue with some people and there always has been. But these people can suck it. While they're busy hating and being outraged and acting butthurt that Shenmue is even still a thing, we're going to be seeing our dreams come true as we actually play the next installment in the series.

"Fuck all of that, they don't give a shit about the fans, they kickstarted the game in no time using the nostalgia factor, and as soon as they saw the possibility to get a publisher they did it and picked up the worst possible one, and than joined Epic. They are in just for the money, the Shenmue brand was used to move money and that's it. This was my first and only Kickstarter, and it went horribly wrong."

Wait the Shenmue name was meant to make money for businesses?!

A business wants to be a business and make money!? THOSE DASTARDLY SLIME BALLS!

I swear, we’re living in times of Idiocracy right now.

I compare this situation to the UK show bake off. It used to be a little show on the BBC where only a select audience watched. Then it grew and grew and grew (like shenmue with a new Kickstarter record). It then took the big step to go to channel 4 for a lot more money

It got absolutely slated for no reason even though it was the right decision to make

People were crying on forums and going crazy

Then it started showing on channel 4 and people said actually it was just as good if not better and everyone watches it again and everyone is over it now

This epic outrage is temporary and anyone who actually originally planned to play it will do so. Those who get hysterical about nothing will always be dramatic

"Fuck all of that, they don't give a shit about the fans, they kickstarted the game in no time using the nostalgia factor, and as soon as they saw the possibility to get a publisher they did it and picked up the worst possible one, and than joined Epic. They are in just for the money, the Shenmue brand was used to move money and that's it. This was my first and only Kickstarter, and it went horribly wrong."

Wait the Shenmue name was meant to make money for businesses?!

Haha these people are idiots.

Like, no way, they're actually trying to make money too? The utter bastards.

I really wish Ys net would make a video directed towards this misguided people an explain them how business works. Show footage how the game would look with the puny kickstarter money compared to state of the game now thanks the extra money from Deep Silver and also from Epic.

I know this will never happen, YS net does have resources too waste for these people but still. Somehow these people should show this people how the real world works.

The are either stupid or misguided to seriously believe kickstarting a project turns them into a bloody investor. Kickstarter money is donating money to realize a idea.

Nothing more nothing less.

I compare this situation to the UK show bake off. It used to be a little show on the BBC where only a select audience watched. Then it grew and grew and grew (like shenmue with a new Kickstarter record). It then took the big step to go to channel 4 for a lot more money

It got absolutely slated for no reason even though it was the right decision to make

People were crying on forums and going crazy

Then it started showing on channel 4 and people said actually it was just as good if not better and everyone watches it again and everyone is over it now

This epic outrage is temporary and anyone who actually originally planned to play it will do so. Those who get hysterical about nothing will always be dramatic

Never would have guessed parallels would be made between Epic and Bake off of all things, but it works... :)

I really wish Ys net would make a video directed towards this misguided people an explain them how business works. Show footage how the game would look with the puny kickstarter money compared to state of the game now thanks the extra money from Deep Silver and also from Epic.

I know this will never happen, YS net does have resources too waste for these people but still. Somehow these people should show this people how the real world works.

The are either stupid or misguided to seriously believe kickstarting a project turns them into a bloody investor. Kickstarter money is donating money to realize a idea.

Nothing more nothing less.
I'd love that too, but I'm sure if they even did that you'd have those 'investors' crying: "Oh look! Shenmue 3 devs are treating fans like idiots. I want compensation!"

At this point I think YS Net should just ignore the haters who simply want to stir outrage and instead focus on the fans who actually give a damn about this project.

Good man.

I'm glad some people still have heart and brains.
I know this is tongue in cheek but to make it clear for the final time if people on here wish to claim refunds then that's up to them and they should be able to do so free of ridicule. YSNET opened this option up and it's down to the individual, whatever their motivations, to make that choice.

However if they then go onto claim the game is a scam, YSNET are fraudsters etc etc then this will be dealt with.

Back