110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

These guys are either the greatest hype machine artists in the world or the world’s biggest jerks. After this, there is no in between. They know all about the Shenmue rumors and this is probably the most iconic scene in the Shenmue games. Even if there is a relation to Wanted Dead, this would be very wrong if they are not involved in Shenmue. I am siding with them being involved.

These guys are either the greatest hype machine artists in the world or the world’s biggest jerks. After this, there is no in between. They know all about the Shenmue rumors and this is probably the most iconic scene in the Shenmue games. Even if there is a relation to Wanted Dead, this would be very wrong if they are not involved in Shenmue. I am siding with them being involved.
You know, come to think of it, I think you might be onto something!

Lan Di wanted Iwao dead for killing his father and Ryo wanted Lan Di dead for killing Iwao. These guys literally hid the clue in the name of their game this whole dam time. It was literally right under our noses! Also, the box art for wanted:dead is pink, which, if I’m not mistaken, is the same color as some of the flowers outside Nozomi’s shop. There’s no way that’s a coincidence.

You know, come to think of it, I think you might be onto something!

Lan Di wanted Iwao dead for killing his father and Ryo wanted Lan Di dead for killing Iwao. These guys literally hid the clue in the name of their game this whole dam time. It was literally right under our noses! Also, the box art for wanted:dead is pink, which, if I’m not mistaken, is the same color as some of the flowers outside Nozomi’s shop. There’s no way that’s a coincidence.
Dude - this hardly a big stretch. I get we sometimes are grasping for straws and they may just be jerks, but this is probably the most famous moment in all Shenmue games.

Sunglasses are in bad guy/shady cop handbook, along ponytails which Lan Di has btw. But he is not capable of greeting, lets not talk about smiling. That's not him.

As someone who played Wanted Dead, I never thought for a second that it has something to do with Shenmue.

Then I went to the dojo forum and read the comments, it was then that I realized that it looked a bit like Lan Di scene. :D

Is it on purpose? I don't know anymore either. Maybe we want to see some news so badly that we see it everywhere. :giggle:

As someone who played Wanted Dead, I never thought for a second that it has something to do with Shenmue.
That's because it has nothing to do with it but many of us are biased.
Its probably Wanted Dead character like has been already pointed, but it first struck me as good ol' Choplifter rather than Shenmue.

In the other hand, it doesn't means that there hasn't been any kind of collaboration or talks with YS.net concerning funding/publishing.

They get bombarded with Shenmue tweets every 4th and then some. They know all about Shenmue given their interview with Yu Suzuki. They know all about the rumors of them being involved. This is intentional - either to be jerks or that they are up to something.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I feel the most famous moment in Shenmue is either:
  • Ryo asking about sailors
  • Ryo driving a forklift
  • Ryo chugging a Jet Cola and then saying AHHH GOOD
Honorable mention to Ryo opening drawers and the old man saying he was Chinese years ago.
Yeah, but these are the most famous moments only for people who have never played the game and only watch video game memes on the internet, not for us fans.

Yeah, but these are the most famous moments only for people who have never played the game and only watch video game memes on the internet, not for us fans.
Partially agree. But just because semantics, nothing else. Totally those aren't the most famous moments for fans but they're also memorable. I dig Shenmue overall Lynchian strangeness, specially at episode 1 Yokosuka with all that blues.
I like it the way it talks about the writter sense of humor. Which enfatizes in akward situations. i.e. "Chai is gonna be popular among female players".

August - this is the name of the second boss (friendly NPC after that) Appears in the cutscenes of the game 3 times, two of which he escapes with a helicopter.

This means 3 things.

1) Amazing coincidence... just like the apples and banana. Not everyone knows every scene in Shenmue and can make mistakes. Even if he was told to be careful with the Shenmue franchise.:rolleyes:

2) Ultra Trolling :hmm:

3) Teasing a future Shenmue announcement. :cool:

If they are trolling on purpose, they are playing with fire. I don't see any logical reason for them to do it, they gain nothing from trolling us. We just have to wait for something official.

Back