spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Probably stretching and also an excuse to close a 130 page thread haha.

In reply to this tweet 110 said June 10th. Which is Yu Suzuki's birthday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220506-125102_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220506-125102_Twitter.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 20220506_134848.jpg
    20220506_134848.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 150
Surely they are not going to post another new teaser on June 10th
asking us to wait a couple of weeks

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Again adding fuel to the fires and still not denying/debunking the rumours this could actually be legit now sailors. :) Now we once again wait till June 10th.

Here we to again 😵‍💫 man, they're either dropping reaaally well thought out hints and we're getting a Shenmue IV announcement to celebrate Yu's birthday with a Summer Game Fest Banana themed birthday party OR it's nothing and we're crazy / they're using YS for clout.

Regardless I guess the countdown to June 10th begins! 🍌🍎

Speculation:

They had the reveal planned for this week for whatever this project was(assuming it's Shenmue IV) and were building up the hype as subtly as they could, whilst also not commenting on any rumors or speculations.

My theory is Geoff Keighley got wind of it and said "Hey, there's no E3 and I'm hosting this big event in its place."

Wanting maximum exposure for both their fledgling publishing studio and to capitalize on the renewed interest in the IP after the animes conclusion, they accepted.

I think Yu's birthday happened to be a coincidence. I think they mean the week of June 10th.

Speculation:

They had the reveal planned for this week for whatever this project was(assuming it's Shenmue IV) and were building up the hype as subtly as they could, whilst also not commenting on any rumors or speculations.

My theory is Geoff Keighley got wind of it and said "Hey, there's no E3 and I'm hosting this big event in its place."

Wanting maximum exposure for both their fledgling publishing studio and to capitalize on the renewed interest in the IP after the animes conclusion, they accepted.

I think Yu's birthday happened to be a coincidence. I think they mean the week of June 10th.
Is the event spanning multiple days starting June 9th or is it a one day thing? If they have or are working with yu what another 'coincidental' day to choose... a birthday gift to himself and the fans. 🥳

Technically possible, but these events are planned out meticulously and usually months and months in advance. If it's happening at Summer Games Fest, it was probably planned to appear there way before the 🍎 🍌 tweet.

inb4 this thread goes bananas

BREAKING NEWS:
Ys Net offices in japan recieve a large foreign package filled to the brim with apples and bananas, weighing a total of 110 pounds! What mad man had done such a thing?!?!

YES. This is the start of another beautiful and funny thread.

yes.gif

Shenmue IV.png

If this announcement is not Shenmue IV at least we will always remember these beautiful threads. 🍌🍎

Back