110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Also not everyone in today's gaming world is aware that the chi you men has infact four bosses/leaders, this "leaker'" says this.

Unfortunately only time will tell like always. ⏳ Until then #LetsGetShenmue4 #ShenmueAnime2

4chan is a total cesspool, IMO there's absolutely no good that can come to the Shenmue community by referring to anything that comes from it.

Really the only thing that I can see in this era as an indication that something is going on, that is actually somewhat verifiable, is the fact that YsNet expanded their office space.

We shall see.

It's an interesting time for gaming. E3 is now completely dead, with its void now to be filled with publisher specific conferences and Keighley Summer Games Fest.

So the days of the E3 of dreams(2015) are now just that, officially. We won't see Shenmue IV announced at anything other than something like a Sony conference or maybe Keighleys event.

If there's no further "revelations" soon from this source then 99% fake gets up to finally 100%. Normally those info leaks later proven correct had been more active both in lenght and issuing less wide development aspects.
The radio silence at this early point indicates fear to stumble and get caught in the lie.

We won't see Shenmue IV announced at anything other than something like a Sony conference or maybe Keighleys event.

I don't know why people still talk about events and conferences, no offence.

This is how you announce a game in 2023:

- Release a short announcement trailer/teaser and a press release to go with it
- Send it to various gaming outlets
- Sit back and relax.

That's not to say they couldn't announce it at an event, but they don't have to. Shenmue is a niche series loved by a small audience. They're not going to "break the internet" with a Shenmue IV announcement, like they did with Shenmue III, so I doubt Sony is going to be particularly desperate to include them in a State of Play or whatever.

That's true, but whenever a State of play/direct is announced, there's usually more traffic around that then if Shenmue were to be announced of its own accord. On the other hand, depending on what else is announced, Shenmue IV could be overshadowed by something else. Hard to say really...unless it was announced at some kind of indie convention where it would be a bigger fish in a smaller pond?

Also, with E3 dead, I can't see something like this ever happen again. Or at least not with that level of sincerity. (Having watched it again, my arm hair still goes on end...!)

Last edited:
Yeah, it is definitely a double edged sword. A lot of decent announcements in Nintendo Directs do tend to get buried in the news and overshadowed. Hard to say either way.

I am quite sad about the gradual and slow death of E3. A lot of people say it was like Christmas for gamers and it did feel like that. The feelings of euphoria and absolute joy I felt during E3 in 2015 (and many preceding years) just can't be matched.

Also, despite my comments about Shenmue IV not needing to be at some event, I do feel that despite the industry's attitude, that tnere is still a place for events like E3. Sadly, I am obviously in the minority there. Why, just because of the internet, can gaming not have its own Superbowl or Wrestlemania or Christmas? Surely it's good for the industry and better than all these companies just doing their own events? (Obviously I am wrong)

Back