110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

What if Wanted Dead is actually Shenmue 4 in all but name? It's possible.

"Shenmue 4 - Wanted: Dead (or Alive)"

In true Wanted: Dead fashion, Ryo realizes that he can never defeat Lan Di…without his trusty Bouncer.

In true DOA fashion, Shen Hua realizes that she can never defeat Lan Di…without her trusty Bouncers… ;-)

(NOT coming in August to an Xbox near you)​

All jokes aside, wasn't it around this time last year they teased an announcement with a picture of the apple and banana?

April 18th or 19th IIRC

No idea if it might be a connection or coincidence that both have happened on the same month & near enough dates. Personally think it's a DLC for wanted: dead but I'm still holding out some hope. Plus it's good for publishers to see that shenmue still has this aura & can generate a buzz it also reminds them we are still around and haven't forgotten their teases.

110 know what they are doing with these tweets so if this turns out to be yet again absolutely nothing then they need to stop messing with us and just drop it. Any goodwill they have with the Shenmue community will be gone.

Dude, I actually don't mind anymore....at the moment their trolling is giving this place a shot in the arm and, weirdly enough, fostering some epic "discussions" about a series which is basically in suspended animation AGAIN.

嘿,伙计们,有新的推文吗?:哎呀:
Time ago I was japanese but now Im nationalized spanish citizen and can't read kanji :( :)
Nevermind, did deeptranslate.
No mate, nothing official from Yu Suzuki. And welcome!
Edit: uh sorry for calling kanji to your chinese characters 😅 I won't delete it, it stays as a form of public scorn.

Last edited:
One year later the teaser doesn't look as much like a Shenmue 4 announce as it did back then, does it? :D

In any case, everything will become clear soon anyway. :) If anything is going to be announced, it should be this year.

Dude, I actually don't mind anymore....at the moment their trolling is giving this place a shot in the arm and, weirdly enough, fostering some epic "discussions" about a series which is basically in suspended animation AGAIN.
The fact that it is in suspended animation again is what I suspected/feared when it got released. Or even before when I saw the media reactions. The animated series seemed to do well and created more momentum which could have helped I think to ensure more games. But that momentum vanished when new owners didn't want to go ahead with a second season. So the situation kind of feels like the period between Shenmue 2 and 3 again.

Back