Shenmue III Gamescom 2019 Content

E3 Trailer vs Gamescom Trailer ratio

E3 7.708 Likes, 10.357 Dislikes
Gamescom 6.203 Likes, 1.373 Dislikes

Nice work. Even the E3 ratio wasn't horrendous given the mass outrage at the time. Obviously that has died down somewhat and the quality of this new trailer has helped immensely with that.

I do sense (sorry to be negative) that there will be a small minority kicking off once refunds go live because they don't get a full refund (something which was stated) because some have already had their rewards implemented/had them. Personally if they've had a part of the reward then they should only be refunded for the game. It's like having a meal, the main is great and I eat it and pay for it but the dessert sucked. I complain and they refund that portion of the experience.

This is the first time since the 2015 Kickstarter reveal that I've seen buzz for this game outside of the Shenmue community and long may that continue. A superb Gamescom and with TGS coming up hopefully they can build on the extensive progress made here.

Last edited:
Thats really great what They both says About shenmue 3.. That shenmue is unique and special and everyone should give it a chance and try it out byself and gives then Fun (entartaining) what other huge AAA games diden't gave them anymore..this blockbuster Games looks maybe better but They just repeat over and over again With the same boring Gameplay or storys and Missions almost just each year a lil Update from the year b4 like it where only a sport s game like fifa 2018 or 2019 or 2020 Not much differents anymore between the years that Home,and so like that this Games are bored as fuck more&More.... So shenmue 3 Comes maybe in the du right Time to shine... I hope so 4me its 1000%sure its Game of the year and maybe Game of this Generation
100% agree. It´s what I thought after seen Avengers´ gameplay. It´s always the same we have seen tons of times before, very guided action.

The refunds are inevitably going to kick some dirt up, considering many don't appear to have read Update #104 fully.

There will absolutely be something made of backers not getting full refunds based on their reward tier, or that refunds may only be available to PC players. Not a whole lot can be done to avoid this unfortunately, short of changing the response policy to just making full refunds available to everybody (unwise).

After that though, I hazard to say there's not very much left to mess up. Trial launch will probably be quite smooth, and there's maybe only one or two more events before release.

Just curious if anybody else noticed Ryo’s fist going through the pad while playing QTE title?

It’s only a minor thing, I know, but given how protective DS has been over the footage released to the public, I’m a little surpised this made its way into the trailer (especially given how obvious it is).

Last edited:
Just curious if anybody else noticed Ryo’s fist going through the pad while playing QTE title?

It’s only a minor thing, I know, but given how protective DS has been over the footage released to the public, I’m a little surpised this made its way into the trailer (especially given how obvious it is).

View attachment 3956View attachment 3957
Good spot! But yeah, I hadn't noticed it in the trailer at normal speed.

I would argue it doesn't need to be tidied up.

There are always "cheats" in animation, 3D or otherwise, for things you see for only a frame or two. And that's genuinely how long the clipping lasts for, because I checked in Premiere. It's not really noticeable at full speed and without a pause function to check.

An animator's time is better spent polishing up something else, if I'm being frank.

That also looks like an older model of Ryo. At least the face. Doesn’t make sense though cuz I think it has the fixed jacket

Back