Shenmue III Gamescom 2019 Content

That sort of clipping happens in every game though. Saw it a ton in red dead 2.

Was literally about to post and say i am on Chapter 4 of RDR2 and seen the same clipping dozens, if not hundreds of times.

That's nothing. I got a few chapters into RDR2 and noticed that they had completely forgotten to implement either the fun or the gameplay into the game :p

That's nothing. I got a few chapters into RDR2 and noticed that they had completely forgotten to implement either the fun or the gameplay into the game :p
You should see the amount of glitches I’ve seen in Judgment. The funniest are NPCs constantly walking into walls and just continuing to walk straight into them until they make it on to a path.

Saw tons of animation glitches in RDR2 as well. Characters teleporting and clipping, animations locking, etc.

This game is not as hopeless as some would think. Every game, even the most expensive ones, have these flaws. And I’ll reiterate that Shenmue is the only series where every NPC is memorable, even the ugly ones. I’m not even sure the NPCs in those other games look different from each other, if i can remember them at all.

Last edited:
lol yu looks exhausted
Didn’t he have to cancel a few press events over the past few days because he was feeling a little under the weather?

It’s easy to forget that he’s in his sixties. The work he’s putting in to producing and promoting this game must be incredibly taxing on his mind and body and to continue in spite of his illness really shows how important Shenmue is to him.

I hope that he’s planning to take a long break after Shenmue 3 releases. God knows he has earned it!

Yep I'm afraid that he will never get the opportunity to create a new IP but only the room to co-produce some titles like VF and Outrun. The day he retires, I will cry for sure.

Just curious if anybody else noticed Ryo’s fist going through the pad while playing QTE title?

It’s only a minor thing, I know, but given how protective DS has been over the footage released to the public, I’m a little surpised this made its way into the trailer (especially given how obvious it is).

View attachment 3956View attachment 3957

He's punching it so hard, only his thumb doesn't go through.

I feel all giddy like it is my first time playing shenmue! Those videos hit the spot and I got used to Ryo and shenhua's new looks. Especially Ryo's ?.

I can't wait!

Last edited:
E3 build:

y2mate.com-iii_fapzmrxmkho.png

Gamescom build:

ECk5qz5X4AE_tC9.jpg

Seems like there are more rock on the ground. But i still think the new picture is photoshopped for a reason: The lighting doesn't make sense. In the older build, the sun was behind the characters, so their faces shouldn't be lit.
Doesn't matter in games, because the lighting works kind of like movie lighting where you fake things for the sake of aesthetics. To me it just looks like the artists have gone in and added/tweaked lighting to the characters instead of just relying on ambient light, which is why face and costume details surface a lot better on all these NPCs now.

Also the possibility this is a slightly different time of day, with a difference in weather patterns (we know the cloud coverage is dynamic, for example); but personally I think this is an artist just finishing up the intended lighting build.

Regardless, I would wager it'll be even further refined by the time we see it again.

It is readily apparent this delay was neccessary to complete his vision. This team is small, but is improving the game bit by bit on a daily basis due to the extra time.

They are making every day count, which is why I think it'll look better than anyone expected when we see an essentially final build sometime in October(Paris?)

Doesn't matter in games, because the lighting works kind of like movie lighting where you fake things for the sake of aesthetics. To me it just looks like the artists have gone in and added/tweaked lighting to the characters instead of just relying on ambient light, which is why face and costume details surface a lot better on all these NPCs now.

Also the possibility this is a slightly different time of day, with a difference in weather patterns (we know the cloud coverage is dynamic, for example); but personally I think this is an artist just finishing up the intended lighting build.

It does matter. The lighting does work this way in games currently because lighting is really taxing. Global illumination is really taxing. Ray tracing is really taxing. So developper use light probs. But you don't fake things in gaming for the sake of aesthetics. But because it's super taxing in term of performances. It's not a different time of day either, because the shadows are identical. The cloud coverage isn't only dynamic. It's volumetric. If it was different, there'd be a shadow casted by the clouds. I don't really think it's an artist finishing up the lighting. I really think it's just someone who took steps to make the screenshot look cleaner. Because as it is, that lighting doesn't make sense at all in the new screenshot. While in the previous one, you can see the big guy's head casting a shadow because of the sun direction.

Back