Random Shenmue Thoughts

Shenmue pin confirmed

Came here to mention the same thing. šŸ˜†

It's always great to see new Shenmue merch coming out, but personally I'm not very impressed with this pin. I love pins, but it lacks color and it seems too big for my taste. I think I'll let this one go.

Bought it. Hopefully it'll bring me some comfort in a cold and indifferent Universe.

I've noticed that if you buy 2x or more the price goes down to Ā£1.99 each! The deal is meant to be purchased with another item but if you just buy two the deal activates :p
I bought one and still got it for Ā£1.99. I also noticed that at least one part of the website has lorem-ipsum filler text on it. Doesnā€™t seem like it was put together that well.

901C83B6-C529-4F52-AEA8-9D4D3FD139F0.png

Dropped by the neighbors' US football potluck; while catching up with a closer neighbor, I overheard his young sons/their friends discussing today's episode of Game Grumps about playing Forklift Simulator. I asked one of them if they had heard of Shenmue, and they all looked confused.
...I'm now signing up to become a monk at Man Mo Temple, as to control my sadness.

(I couldn't bare much of this, but for any interested:)

Dropped by the neighbors' US football potluck; while catching up with a closer neighbor, I overheard his young sons/their friends discussing today's episode of Game Grumps about playing Forklift Simulator. I asked one of them if they had heard of Shenmue, and they all looked confused.
...I'm now signing up to become a monk at Man Mo Temple, as to control my sadness.

Doesnā€™t look like you race the forklifts, drive around with loads lifted way too high or get a two-hour lunch break. Iā€™d be grumpy too.

Damn &#@! kids of hell

Shenmue is like a time machine for me. Every time I watch something Shenmue-related and I hear the free OST in the background, I'm transported back to my childhood home. It's a really strange feeling that is hard to explain but I feel like it's the year 2000 again for a brief moment. It's a nostalgic, sometimes bittersweet, feeling.

Shenmue is like a time machine for me. Every time I watch something Shenmue-related and I hear the free OST in the background, I'm transported back to my childhood home. It's a really strange feeling that is hard to explain but I feel like it's the year 2000 again for a brief moment. It's a nostalgic, sometimes bittersweet, feeling.
I feel similarly, although I did not play until much later. The FREE 1 song in particular, especially when the voices are over the top of it. Just magic, a feeling I have not had with any other game.

I get the same feeling. Shenmue has been a big part of my life and its rare to find a franchise that has such a brilliant cult following.

I am in the middle of a Shenmue II run-through and today started Disc 3. The drama of the sweeping scene was somewhat undone by my young daughter reacting to the Kowloon bus by singing ā€œthe wheels on the bus go round and roundā€. It was adorable but I donā€™t think quite in line with Yu-sanā€™s vision.

So Iā€™m watching a friend play Shenmue 2 for the first time and on day 1, he just walked into the green market qr pawnshop, traded a set of animal collectibles (mostly birds and pigeons) and got $460. He has no memory of getting those collectibles. Can anyone explain this to me? Were they added in the HD port or something? Iā€™ve never seen this before. He did carry over his save file from Shenmue 1.

Did they begin the game from a completed Shenmue save file or no?

if not, youre given a small default set; same as Shenmue 2x when data transfers were impossible between DC/XB

Did they begin the game from a completed Shenmue save file or no?

if not, youre given a small default set; same as Shenmue 2x when data transfers were impossible between DC/XB
Yeah, from a completed save file. And I know they did, because the forklift models are the same from the ones they earned in their Shenmue 1 playthrough.

So Iā€™m watching a friend play Shenmue 2 for the first time and on day 1, he just walked into the green market qr pawnshop, traded a set of animal collectibles (mostly birds and pigeons) and got $460. He has no memory of getting those collectibles. Can anyone explain this to me? Were they added in the HD port or something? Iā€™ve never seen this before. He did carry over his save file from Shenmue 1.
They were added in the HD remaster as the only way to obtain them in the original was via the Shenmue passport, which isnā€™t included with the rerelease.

They were added in the HD remaster as the only way to obtain them in the original was via the Shenmue passport, which isnā€™t included with the rerelease.

Huh, thatā€™s a pretty blegh way of going about it. They couldnā€™t have made it a more hidden unlockable via a side quest, arcade game or something that isnā€™t just essentially handing you a little method of making an immediate ton of money? Oh well.

Back