Random Shenmue Thoughts

When you play Shenmue irl. Guy at a shop near where i live in China takes in stray cats and kittens and its like a mini cat shelter.View attachment 17068
Hi, Walther. Im collecting photos from China small rural and coast fishing villages. Im looking for more landscape/structure dominance rather than crowds.
If you happen to have some, would you mind, please, sending me a few by PM? I can understand no for many reasons, so thanks for the time anyway.

Hi, Walther. Im collecting photos from China small rural and coast fishing villages. Im looking for more landscape/structure dominance rather than crowds.
If you happen to have some, would you mind, please, sending me a few by PM? I can understand no for many reasons, so thanks for the time anyway.
I never go out the city but i can ask people and see what they can give me

I never go out the city but i can ask people and see what they can give me
Thats too kind, but I must ask not to... It doesn't feel ok having you wasting time and getting people around it. It was just in case you had at hand.
Still, thank you very much for offering.
I didn't tell you, it was for drawing references.

Is the sound mixing for Shenhua’s song different in the HD port? I feel like the loudness of her voice built up overtime in the original, instead of staying at the same volume from start to finish. Or my memory is totally wrong. Unsure if there were subtitles for the song in the original either.

Here's a random Shenmue thought I'm atrociously bad at winning prizes for the raffle. I've only won once back when I first played this masterpiece during my very first playthrough back in Christmas 2000 when I was 12 and that was the Hang-On disc for the Sega Saturn. I've literally never won anything since.

When you play Shenmue irl. Guy at a shop near where i live in China takes in stray cats and kittens and its like a mini cat shelter.View attachment 17068
Good God, I am blind. I'm not joking when I thought that cat was a Phoenix Mirror for a second...Lord knows why.

My random thought: Just listening to this atm a track I have always loved. It really conveys the mystery surrounding the stone pit perfectly. It evokes a melancholy feeling for me because I associate the track with the ending of the game. It was particularly hard to listen to when we were in limbo waiting for a S3 announcement, knowing that the likelihood of a sequel diminished with every passing year.

This might be look at as a negative for the Shenmue franchise moving forward but I wouldn't mind if Yu sold slots for fans to submit journal entries, photos and toy capsules for Shenmue 4&5.

Here's a random Shenmue thought I'm atrociously bad at winning prizes for the raffle. I've only won once back when I first played this masterpiece during my very first playthrough back in Christmas 2000 when I was 12 and that was the Hang-On disc for the Sega Saturn. I've literally never won anything since.
You're a lot luckier than me. I played it about 9 times since 2000, including remaster and *never* won a single damn disc

How many times have you won monkey roll drop throughout your Shenmue 2 playthroughs? I only did it once... I remember spending hours trying to get it and I could get to the last board comfortably but I would always get screwed at the end.

How many times have you won monkey roll drop throughout your Shenmue 2 playthroughs? I only did it once... I remember spending hours trying to get it and I could get to the last board comfortably but I would always get screwed at the end.
I tried for hours and hours and hours to get that particular scroll. In the end, I had a moment of clarity and realised the impending aneurysm just wasn't worth the hassle and accepted defeat. I'm not bitter, I swear.

Back