Random Shenmue Thoughts

I agree and I wouldn't be too downhearted about this as it's done in a sort of jokey kinda way. That said, there are times when I play the game and think "for crying out loud Ryo, read the room!!"

Ryo makes #9. To be fair, Triple Jump are pretty big Shenmue fans. Take it in the spirit in which it's intended, mind as it's not entirely mean spirited (and they do big up Nozomi!) Did get a couple of gentle chuckles out of it.

TJ are big 'mue fans?

The last 3 videos I've watched where 'mue is mentioned, they have taken a shit on the series, including this.

I don't think ANY of us dislike Ryo and we are the hardest of the hardcore, so that's bullshit.

TJ are big 'mue fans?

The last 3 videos I've watched where 'mue is mentioned, they have taken a shit on the series, including this.

I don't think ANY of us dislike Ryo and we are the hardest of the hardcore, so that's bullshit.
I'll have to do some digging, but i'm pretty sure they had Shenmue 3 as part of the top 10 Kickstarter games. I think there was also one where they talk of Shenmue positivly in a video of highest ranking Sega games.

Maybe it's the vocal style, but I always thought TJ were a wink and a smile kind of channel; I didn't really pick up on any malice and this is coming from someone who is put off 90% of YouTubers due to their vocal delivery :)

I got that about 2 hours ago actually! Minus demon's triangle I got all the Shenmue II move lists, but of course I missed 1 move scroll in Shenmue I so it will never be completed. :[
That sucks. I always wanted them, but could never get them

Sometimes i like to reflect on the timeline of the series, i'm talking about the timeline of the development. Only Yu Suzuki and the team can answer questions about this but i will tell what i think it happened at that time. to me is an interesting subject.

Early 1990s: Yu Suzuki spent two weeks in China gathering material for his upcoming Virtua Fighter II game, and his findings also greatly influenced his creation of Shenmue - Source: Phantom River Stone Blog

1995: Prototype on Sega Saturn: The Old man and the peach tree. It is interesting to notice that at this moment the location was Luoyang. I really hope we can see Luoyang in Shenmue IV or Shenmue V.

I have a feeling that this will be a important location for the series, with a lot of revelations about Shenhua and maybe about the Shenmue tree and the mirrors, i feel that Luoyang is where Shenhua was born and lived with her parents when she was a baby, and i think that in Luoyang we will see another Shenmue tree.

1639060735941.png

1996: VF RPG, in my opinion i feel that at this time Yu Suzuki wanted to do the chapters in the order he presented in the chapter concept arts from left to right, up to down, without cuts and compromises in the story, and i think he wanted to do how he wrote in The Legend Of Akira novels

VIRTUA_FIGHTER_RPG_CHAPTERS.jpg

From 1996 till 1999: I don't know in what year Yu Suzuki started to work on Shenmue for SEGA SATURN so i putted the years this way. At this time a lot of things changed, VF RPG became Shenmue, Akira Yuki became Ryo Hazuki, and other things changed as well but Yu Suzuki decided to continue with the same story.

When Yu Suzuki was working in this version he wanted to make Yokosuka chapter smaller, right? this is what i saw about this, maybe at this exact time the scope of the story for Yu Suzuki was not something bigger with a lot of details.

When they decided to cancel the SEGA SATURN version to make the Dreamcast version i feel that this was the time where Yu Suzuki and the team started to have new ideas and details for the project, i feel that at this time for Yu Suzuki the project became more bigger and ambitious, with more details, this is why the first game is only in Yokosuka with a slow pace and a lot of details, the project became something bigger, and i'm glad this happen because i love the way Yu Suzuki and the team did everything in the first game, it is a masterpiece to me.

Maybe at this time Yu Suzuki even wanted to make one chapter per game and in the order about the chapters cards.

2000 till 2001: For Shenmue II is where i think Yu Suzuki and the team felt that this was the last Shenmue game at that time, so Yu Suzuki pick the Ryo and Shenhua meeting in Guilin for the first time in Chapter 5 and decided to put in Shenmue II, this is why Shenmue II is chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 5 in the chapters cards image, and this decision was beautiful in my opinion, a beautiful decision by Yu Suzuki, to me the Guilin part in Shenmue II is one of the greatest moment in the history of videogames.

Yu Suzuki didn't used chapter 3 (the train chapter) and i think chapter 4 he used maybe some things, if Shenmue IV happen maybe we will see some ideas about chapter 3 and 4, but i feel we will see a lot of chapter 7 and other chapters in Shenmue IV.

This was the time that i think Yu Suzuki made some changes about how he viewed the chapters in the story, it was at the time of Shenmue II that i think he was sure he had to cut some things, change some things and compromise some things.

2001 till 2011: XBOX version of Shenmue II was released in 2002. Yu Suzuki tried to make Shenmue Online but it was cancelled around 2007, and in 2010 he released Shenmue Gai (City) for smartphones but it was discontinued in late 2011.

2015 till 2019: 2015 was the year that the kickstarter for Shenmue was announced and it was huge sucess, one of the most good and emotional moments for the Shenmue community. We can say that Shenmue III is chapter 5 and 6 in the chapters cards image.

Shenmue was saved and we got Shenmue I and II re releases for PS4, XBOX ONE and PC. In 2019 Shenmue III was released.

2021: Shenmue anime announced 😊

2022 and on: What will be the future of Shenmue? i don't know but in my opinion the series is more alive now than it was in the past, i really feel that the anime will be a sucess and will bring more fans to the community and this is beautiful. I really feel that Yu Suzuki will have the opportunity to make Shenmue IV and Shenmue V and end this beautiful saga in Shenmue V.

I will always support Yu Suzuki, to end this post i just need to say one more thing... LETSGETSHENMUEIV.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Image by Shenmue Forever)

Last edited:
I am about to do a replay of the entire Shenmue series and stream it again.

I dunno how I can get featured on the main page on the side where it shows people streaming it. How does one get up there?

I am about to do a replay of the entire Shenmue series and stream it again.

I dunno how I can get featured on the main page on the side where it shows people streaming it. How does one get up there?
So it literally scrapes twitter for all streamers and displays the top 3 running and if you click the section all streams come up.

It should be automatic

Personally have noticed Restream.io category field might not trigger the Forum's automation, be sure to manually change category/game on your twitch account page

I'm streaming right now. But, it's saying Shenmue?

@xatruio I am not sure if that is what you mean?

3 viewers--nice!

I'm still getting about the same slowly building my new personal channel! Plenty of times 0 viewers and theyre just bots. Always fun still; simple joys of technical aspects for perfecting streams :D

Back