Random Shenmue Thoughts

3 viewers--nice!

I'm still getting about the same slowly building my new personal channel! Plenty of times 0 viewers and theyre just bots. Always fun still; simple joys of technical aspects for perfecting streams :D
true. its a struggle. lol I am also camless right now for the time being merely by choice. That may hurt. However, I'm bout to get back on shortly.

I just got a cutscene I've never seen in Shenmue II, so It was the day before entering the yellow head building and I decided to use the wait option around 9:00 am and it went to the sleeping cutscene, but Cool Z's song was playing when Ryo was about to lay on the couch and Cool Z said "get some rest." I've never gotten that scene before! Have any of you guys got it before? I thought my game was acting up.

I've returned to a cycle of enjoying Shenmue music.
In turn, I've revisited some of the Shenmue Passport renditions, as I love the different presentation of familiar and intimate songs.

Do any of you have some favorites from the passport? Here's an old favorite of mine:

I've returned to a cycle of enjoying Shenmue music.
In turn, I've revisited some of the Shenmue Passport renditions, as I love the different presentation of familiar and intimate songs.

Do any of you have some favorites from the passport? Here's an old favorite of mine:

This song that you shared is Shenhua's theme but with a different name and arrangement, i love this version as well.

This song is one of my favorites from the passport. Another beautiful arrangement and version.

It just occurred to me, what happens if you get to night time when you're in the port in the Bailu Village part of Shenmue 2? Does he sleep behind one of those houses or something?

It just occurred to me, what happens if you get to night time when you're in the port in the Bailu Village part of Shenmue 2? Does he sleep behind one of those houses or something?
I think it automatically skips to the storm scene.

I think it automatically skips to the storm scene.
Yes, that's what happens. In fact, you can see it in my live stream here, at 2:42:20. I talked lots of times to each character at Langhuishan in order to get as much different conversations as I could (I always do that, I love it) and time flew. Suddenly Ryo says "I must go to Bailu Village" and it goes to the storm scene:

Just finished getting to the start of Baliu Village. In what has to be at least my twentieth playthrough of the game. I felt compelled to play it again as well as my second cousin wanting to watch it on stream. And, he has really enjoyed watching me play it.

This game is a masterpiece. And, some of his comments were "this game is mad deep." "it's fucking dope asf."

The only crappy thing is seeing as it's my favorite game in the series, it's one of those games that when it ends, it kinda sucks. Man. One of my fave parts coming up is when Shenhua is singing. That shit was amazing. Just wish the game could have been longer.

Okay, I am sorry for double posting but, I don't feel what I am about to say deserves it's own topic or even sure if it's been posted before. If so, I'd imagine someone can correct me. I had just finished Shenmue 2 again for lord knows I lost count of how many times I've beaten this game. But, I had an aha theory that crossed my mind when in the cave with Shenhua and I would like people to hear me out and chime in.

So, Shenhua had said in the cave that the stonemason that is her father is really her stepfather. And, in the flashback at her house when they were talking about the Shenhua tree. We in that flashback see her real mother and father. They appeared to be dressed like royalty. And, the house in the back differed from Shenhua's house we are currently at. Now, it isn't stated but by deduction of what we are seeing her mother and father are the royalty that likely ordered the creation of the Dragon And Phoenix mirror. And, her stepfather was the one tasked to create them. And, from what we do know about the mirrors it is leading to some sort of treasure. So, obviously, the stepfather is more in the know about what the mirrors mean and how he was able to tell his daughter Shenhua about destiny in the letter. Just like Yuanda Zhu tried to warn Iwao. The real mother and father had to know beforehand the destiny and the mirrors. That is not talked about but its not the point of what I am getting at.

The theory I crafted in my head is the leader of the Chiyoumen likely could have had a hand in the death of Shenhua real mother and father. And, the common theme here among all the major characters, Ryo, Lan Di, and Shenhua is the loss of their father, mother, or both. It's clear the Chiyoumen knew nothing about the deepness of the cave I'd imagine. So is it possible that if Iwao and Lan Di father trained in Gulin together would have fate brought them there? That is the real reason why Lan Di's dad was killed as they were trying to protect the mirrors from the Chiyoumen. I have only got this far because obviously, I am lacking some needed details. I haven't been able to connect Zhu to the stonemasons. And Zhu's connection to Iwao. And, how they all knew each other unless Zhu was the man they took tutelage under. It is stated he wrote the Wulinshu which is stated to list all the martial artists and their masters. So, we do have a connection of Zhu to Zhao. But, could he have done that if he was a big businessman in Hong Kong? It's just something to think about.

Last edited:
In my opinion when Shenhua was a baby i feel that she lived with her parents in Luoyang, the place we can see in that flashback, i have a feeling that the place is Luoyang.

I think that Luoyang will be one of the most important places in the Shenmue Story, i feel that Ryo, Shenhua and Ren will go to Luoyang maybe in Shenmue IV, there i think Ryo will discover more things about the mirrors, Shenhua and the Shenmue tree, i think they will see another Shenmue tree there.

Maybe we will even learn what happened to Shenhua's parents and why Yushen Yuan decided to take care of Shenhua in Bailu Village, how they are connected. i feel that we will learn this things and much more in Luoyang.

To me in this image is Shenhua in Luoyang

Normal_shenhuaEDGE.jpg

Changing subject... in another post i talked about the timeline of Shenmue development, about the chapters, changes and much more. Today i found this...

Yu Suzuki: As you know, I wrote an 11-chapter story as Shenmue's original story. This is a base of the story, obviously. If I make it, we'd need 11 games - and that's not going to happen! Shenmue 1 was chapter 1. Shenmue 2... around 80 percent came from chapter 2. The remaining 20 percent was sliced from chapter 4, 5 and 6 - pieces of it. And in the case of chapter 3, that was actually totally removed.

You know, originally I thought... maybe with Chapter 2 and Shenmue 2 we'll make it open world, big, and then next one is going to do a deep, deep dive into a small area - but make it very deep. That's the concept I was thinking. Think of it as... the world through a telescope is interesting... but also a magnifying glass on a small area would be different, and fun, and most interesting.

So there was a time where Yu Suzuki really wanted to make 11 games, one chapter per game, but i imagine that at the time of Shenmue II Yu Suzuki realized that he had to compromised this idea of 11 games, that would not be possible to do this because Shenmue is not popular and things like that.

I would have loved to see Shenmue entire story in this vision, 11 games, one chapter per game but it is what it is, some things changed and i totally understand Yu Suzuki's reasons for this decisions.

Shenmue II have a lot of things of chapter 2 and some pieces of chapter 4, 5 and 6 like Yu Suzuki said, and this game is a materpiece to me, he had to compromise this idea of 11 games but in my opinion Yu-san did this in a beautiful way.

I just hope Yu-san can finish Shenmue in a way that will be satisfying to him, i think now his plans is to finish in Shenmue V, i feel that in this situation finishing in V is the best decision but only time will tell what will happen.

Last edited:
The characters in this movie really look like Lau Chan aka Sunming Zhao and Lan Di; just watch the intro and you will see what I mean.

Lan Di & Lau Chan.png

The actor that looks like Lau Chan aka Zhao Sunming even strikes the actor that looks like Lan Di with the same deadly move that killed Iwao Hazuki in the Shenmue intro.
Could this Kung Fu classic have inspired the Shenmue Series !?
Having found this intro I'm really interested to see if there are any other similarities as well.

Lan Di Twin Palm Strike.jpg
Lan Di Twin Palm Strike 2.jpg

Bei Dou Xing Jun aka Dou Mu or Dou Lao the mother of the big dipper, the mother of all stars

1640459970033.png

1640460010137.png

Tian Huang Da Di (Emperor Jade) that i talked in my other post in the Shenmue III random thoughts, he is the eldest son of Dou Lao and in his hands the object has the mark of a seven star, i remembered about The Sword of Seven Stars in Shenmue II and Shenmue III.

1640460646066.png

1640460499788.png

This is my first video on my Shenmue channel about Shenmue Talk, a type of videos where i will share my opinions about everything Shenmue. I don't want to expose myself on internet so this is why i used the google translator voice to do this video and share my opinion this way, i will continue with this style in the next videos as well.

In this video i shared my opinion about the timeline of the Shenmue development, thank you all for the support.

Back