Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

Why would I want to stream this on smaller device? Also would never watch this on mobile.

I will just use built in internet browser.

Just throwing it out there as a option. I spend the majority of my days away from home so I watch anime on my phone and tablet.

You can run it on your phone then send it to your tv. Crunchyroll app has a "miracast" button as soon as you open it.

I just tested it on my tv. Works instantly.

OK, redeemed my 75 day free trial through Game Pass*. Logged into the app...how long have we got? Isn't it supposed to be out in an hour?

*BTW, 75 days won't cover the whole season so I will be paying for a sub eventually :p

Does this show not have a Japanese release date yet? The On Air section of the official site is still blacked out and none of the news updates mention a release date or even what channel it'll air on. Is it normal for the Adult Swim funded anime to get a western release before Japan? I'm a little upset we won't be watching this at the same time as our Japanese counterparts.

I was ready, except I work the graveyard shift. Like any rational person, I deduced it would be available to stream afterwards in the year 2022 in the post-pandemic developed world. I was wrong. Guess it's possible to even further mismanage the Shenmue franchise, improbable though it seemed. 🦄

Anime was phenomenal. I really enjoyed the pacing and story telling while remaining true to the game. I'm real excited that there will be new fans of Shenmue through this anime and even more curious on how much they'll anticipate Season 2. Hopefully they won't have to wait as long as we did to get to that point in the story.

Does this show not have a Japanese release date yet? The On Air section of the official site is still blacked out and none of the news updates mention a release date or even what channel it'll air on. Is it normal for the Adult Swim funded anime to get a western release before Japan? I'm a little upset we won't be watching this at the same time as our Japanese counterparts.
No release information for Japan yet (apart from 2022), as far as I know. I agree, it's a pity it couldn't have been a simultaneous release worldwide.

Is it getting much attention outside the Shenmue community? I noticed no ones talking about it on the anime Reddit, though someone did ask about a thread.

That person could have just... I dunno made a Shenmue: The Animation discussion thread by using templates of other anime series threads after not seeing one.

And then there's have been a thread for it.

Most of the comments on the forum are positive so I’m assuming it’s some sort of automatic reaction from another fandom or two to keep their anime from dropping down the list.

Back