Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

Am I the only one who thinks this late Saturday night premeir is really weird? Where I live it will be 10:30pm Saturday but I've seen some other timezones where it premeires at midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Is that a bad sign?
I think with VOD and people being able to watch this any time they like, it’s not really a big issue.

No. That’s how Adult
Am I the only one who thinks this late Saturday night premeir is really weird? Where I live it will be 10:30pm Saturday but I've seen some other timezones where it premeires at midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Is that a bad sign?
thats how adult swim always works. It’s the adult programming block on Cartoon Network and they air it after hours. I think it’s actually in a unique position. It’s a new anime series that’s being aired on cable tv. It’s getting in front of more people than it would if it were VOD only.

No. That’s how Adult

thats how adult swim always works. It’s the adult programming block on Cartoon Network and they air it after hours. I think it’s actually in a unique position. It’s a new anime series that’s being aired on cable tv. It’s getting in front of more people than it would if it were VOD only.
Alright. I'm completely out of the loop. I haven't had cable for years and I don't watch anime at all, let alone sub to an anime service.

I have zero knowledge of how anime works or how people watch anime. Being on cable tv isn't of much value to me any more so what do I know...

I can't wait to find out the significance of the cuts on both LanDi and Ryo's faces. Such simple things we've waited our whole damn lives for, lmao. Saturday night can't come soon enough.

I wonder if they even mean anything or if they were just simple touches thrown into the design to give them some character....

Alright. I'm completely out of the loop. I haven't had cable for years and I don't watch anime at all, let alone sub to an anime service.

I have zero knowledge of how anime works or how people watch anime. Being on cable tv isn't of much value to me any more so what do I know...
I don’t have cable either. Just explaining why it’s airing so late. It’s always been that way on that channel. But I do think channel surfers/cable watchers are still a large number in addition to VOD. If it were just airing VOD it’s be lost in the mix with a thousand other anime series.

Just saw someone on another forum say it got delayed by a day when they saw it airs on the 6th 12:30 am.

Do... People not know how time zones work?

9:30PM PST on the 5th is 12:30 am on the 6th for EST...

Or, it really got delayed?
I don't think you can just delay a TV program like by a day. Things are scheduled waaaaay in advance.

You're mocking people who "don't understand time zones" and then immediately follow it up with asking if they are right.

The messaging wasn't clear. I asked earlier in this topic if anyone else thought it was weird regarding the release time and it appears it is indeed weird because everyone comprehended Saturday February 5, but didn't comprehend "midnight".

We've made it to February 5th, now we have to wait until the end of the day.

Shenmue does not appear in the toonami schedule for tonight, or for Sunday morning. Nor does it appear anywhere on their homepage.

^nevermind, that's the Canadian site, which isn't getting Shenmue. It won't let me look at the American schedule.

I thought it was on “last night” as well based on the forum, but yeah they mean tonight. It wasn’t delayed.

Isn't there?

I could have sworn they said 12:30am EST of the 5th at some point, but yeah. It does make sense now, just was a bit confusing to read.

You're mocking people who "don't understand time zones" and then immediately follow it up with asking if they are right.

The messaging wasn't clear. I asked earlier in this topic if anyone else thought it was weird regarding the release time and it appears it is indeed weird because everyone comprehended Saturday February 5, but didn't comprehend "midnight".

We've made it to February 5th, now we have to wait until the end of the day.

Shenmue does not appear in the toonami schedule for tonight, or for Sunday morning. Nor does it appear anywhere on their homepage.

^nevermind, that's the Canadian site, which isn't getting Shenmue. It won't let me look at the American schedule.
It's possible that I may have been wrong and it was in fact delayed. The fact that it's as I thought it was means at least to me, the messaging was clear enough.

But this isn't really anything to argue about.

I'm glad everyone is one the same page now regardless and we can all be enjoying Shenmue: The Animation in 12 hrs and 34 mins (of this post)

Didn’t realize Crunchyroll doesn’t have native app for LG smart TV’s. Not sure if I will download on PS5 or access it from web browser.
download aptoide TV on your lg then you can install crunchyroll from aptoide TV sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Back