[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

Seems like we already survived this topic. Still no big Youtube video about it,
absolutely no new comments on the articles that were released on Friday or Saturday
and there are no user comments on the 2-3 new articles from today. Dead silence.
Interest outside of the KS community is non existent.

To be fair, despite certain Youtubers blowing even the smallest of issues out of proportion, It's going to really be hard to use things like needing a Paypal account as ammo in this day, and and age.

You see most youtube outside of the e3 2015 videos, felt any need to post anything about Shenmue 3(even the ones that backed it just because), unless it was a negative video that would lead to clicks. Seeing how refunds are being offered to the vocal minority, there's nothing for them to latch onto, to push fake outrage videos.

I was asked three times on my survey for which version I wanted for Shenmue III. Does this mean I’m getting 3 copies after all? I checked the survey 3 times and I was asked three times!

Yes, the legend of Reo Hazuky and his gun. I'm shocked that you've never heard of it. ?

EDIT: In all seriousness, this ridiculous "cheat" has been circulating the Internet since at least as far back as 2003.

Guarantee I've read or heard it before. Just such a long time ago.

:: Cheat Info ::
▪ Language: English
sourced4ksq.gif

I had to read parts of that cheat twice in arrow.
Okay, I'm an idiot. I just realized that it was obviously deliberate, as whoever wrote that "cheat" spelled "twice in a row" the exact same way. Well played.

Anyway, I'm really glad that the Shenmue Kickstarter was able to raize so much money. I would hate for Reo's story to end in the cave.

I hope Sega is reading all these Interview with Yu. He's willing to play nice and even rework budgets to crank out the next installment. If YU can pull this kind of miracle with a "New" group of hires, let him and AM2 back together and SIV would easily be the comeback story of the generation for Sega.

Actually the team is made up of a lot of the people who worked on the original Shenmue games. As for Sega, the biggest problem is, Sega has no "drive". They wont even localize most of their games, so getting hem to make a major effort in game creating again, is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Actually the team is made up of a lot of the people who worked on the original Shenmue games. As for Sega, the biggest problem is, Sega has no "drive". They wont even localize their games, so getting hem to make a major effort in game creating again, is not going to happen.

That is unfortunately true. Do not get me wrong guys, I think Sega is recovering, and they are making some nice games these days but they are still very far away from the crazy Sega of the 90s. They will not make experimental games with high budgets any more, when the sucess is not guaranteed. Unless S3 will break some Sales records, Sega won't take the Risk the invest into Shenmue again.

Other high volume companies will also do not take the to invest into Shenmue. But I do not think that is bad News. S3 Looks great. If a possible S4 has the same Quality of S3 I would be more than happy.

And that is all what we will get. Of course fans can Dream About a high Budget Current Gen Shenmue, but unless we have some very rich People in the community that would be able to fund a high Budget Shenmue it is not going to happen.

That is unfortunately true. Do not get me wrong guys, I think Sega is recovering, and they are making some nice games these days but they are still very far away from the crazy Sega of the 90s. They will not make experimental games with high budgets any more, when the sucess is not guaranteed. Unless S3 will break some Sales records, Sega won't take the Risk the invest into Shenmue again.

Other high volume companies will also do not take the to invest into Shenmue. But I do not think that is bad News. S3 Looks great. If a possible S4 has the same Quality of S3 I would be more than happy.

And that is all what we will get. Of course fans can Dream About a high Budget Current Gen Shenmue, but unless we have some very rich People in the community that would be able to fund a high Budget Shenmue it is not going to happen.

The hard work and foundations have already been laid, so SIV should theoretically be a lot more straightforward. Coupled with the team having gained invaluable experience during the development of III, I think IV is much more likely to happen than not.

It was also not too long ago that Sega were very seriously considering releasing completely reworked and modernised versions of I & II, so I’m not so sure saying there’s no drive to be part of Shenmue is accurate. I would be more surprised if Sega choose not to be involved with the next instalment in some capacity than if they do.

Debating if I want to change my 2nd PS4 version to a PC version I am correct in thinking that the PC Physical Edition offers a Epic version & also a Steam key 1 year down the line? 2 versions does sound quite appealing + I'll already have a few PS4 physical Editions at hand...

Debating if I want to change my 2nd PS4 version to a PC version I am correct in thinking that the PC Physical Edition offers a Epic version & also a Steam key 1 year down the line? 2 versions does sound quite appealing + I'll already have a few PS4 physical Editions at hand...
Although they'll take requests for Steam keys, they're unfortunately no longer guaranteed as it depends on negotiations with Valve that are apparently still unfurling.

Buuuuut there's some benefit in having the PC physical copy if you're a collector. As it's not longer getting a retail release, the Kickstarter version might become quite rare even if it's just a disk with an EGS installer & code.

Although they'll take requests for Steam keys, they're unfortunately no longer guaranteed as it depends on negotiations with Valve that are apparently still unfurling.

Buuuuut there's some benefit in having the PC physical copy if you're a collector. As it's not longer getting a retail release, the Kickstarter version might become quite rare even if it's just a disk with an EGS installer & code.

I see... is there any news on if the PC Physical Edition's code will have an expiry date? I know many PS4 games with DLC Codes on slips often have an expiry date...

Back