Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
and its not that easy to just delay something. you will always reach a point, where the budget is gone
or where it doesnt make sense to delay the game if you can patch it in the release week.
the developers have to get payed and the publisher or investors cant just throw money in there again and again like its nothing.
there is a deadline for everything and a lot of people and companies are connected to that deadline.
you have to release the project at some point, doesnt matter if its 100% ready or not.

if it would be so easy to delay every game until its perfect,
pretty much 99,9% of all games would be delayed for months and months and months, again and again and again.
but it doesnt work that way.

A few months delay could put it into the firing line of whatever heavy hitters will occupy the end of the year, so you're looking at effectively shoving it to Q2 or Q3 2020 to escape that. Adding basically an additional year of development and uprooting the whole marketing plan this late; would cost several million at least and make it even harder for Shenmue III to recoup its development cost.

But anyway this is getting way ahead of ourselves. We haven't even seen what they've got to show and already we're trying to spook each other with "what ifs".

I just only hope tomorrow they show their last build of the game, at this stage showing something outdated to reserve it for another event could be a disaster among the press.

I have the heart and head expectations:

Head; keep emotions in check and wait until the reveal until you make a decision.

Heart; They are absolutely going to knock it out of the park and we will be dying with anticipation, until August.

We'll see which attitude will win out, tomorrow :)

A delay is the least thing Shenmue 3 would need. The release date in August is perfect. Not much competition. Delaying it to 2020 is dangerous. How knows what games 2020 will have to offer.

And did a delay ever saved a game? Did a delay ever made a game better? I cannot think of any game that could profit from a delay? I can only remember lots of delayed games that failed eventually. It is time now for YS Net to deliver. It is August or never.

I have the heart and head expectations:

Head; keep emotions in check and wait until the reveal until you make a decision.

Heart; They are absolutely going to knock it out of the park and we will be dying with anticipation, until August.

We'll see which attitude will win out, tomorrow :)
I feel basically the same.

I've felt the excitement swelling in my chest all day, but I want to keep my feet on the ground until we actually see what Ys Net have to show. The EDGE preview bolsters my confidence though, because on paper it sounds exactly like they've kept Shenmue's flavour without compromising on including new ideas. If they've really managed to walk that tightrope and succeed, then goddamn.

Deep breaths... soon we shall have more clarity...if Shenmue III fails, it fails...but at least we could say we tried, plus the world will always have the original classics

I doubt Shenmue III will fail fans of this franchise love this series too much to see it fail. If I have to buy a hundred copies of this game for it to make a profit then so be it.

I also doubt it will fail for the fans. It is going to be the game that fans are looking forward for. I am quite positive about it. It might be a super hit, like some AAA titles out there but that's fine. I never expect that anyway.

I feel basically the same.

I've felt the excitement swelling in my chest all day, but I want to keep my feet on the ground until we actually see what Ys Net have to show. The EDGE preview bolsters my confidence though, because on paper it sounds exactly like they've kept Shenmue's flavour without compromising on including new ideas. If they've really managed to walk that tightrope and succeed, then goddamn.

I agree about the EDGE preview; it appears that things will be done properly and that we'll be satisfied.

Yu Just happens to be one of the best tightrope walkers ever, so I think he'll come through ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back