Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea for a new thread to discuss the Magic Event and the Shenmue 3 World premiere Im not staying up all night Im Eastern time so the Shenmue 3 press conference should be at 4:50am for me.

Ah awesome. A new thread! We definitely needed one. Thanks @spud1897

Just over 2 days to go! Heads up for UK people but 10.50am CET is 9.50am GMT meaning if the trailer is dropping in the Yu Suzuki session it'll be early morning for us. Meaning I'll probably wake up to the storm of news. 70 minutes duration also indicates we'll be getting some substantial info similar to the Edge article. At least an extensive interview. Then there's Crazy Time in the later afternoon where more news could drop depending on their plan. The likelihood also is that pre-orders will begin around MAGIC itself if all the retailer machinations and game listings that have shown up recently indicate. Hope we see headlines in a week or two following MAGIC indicating Shenmue 3 is selling extremely well in early pre-orders.

So looking forward to this. Hope Shenmue 3's latest trailer leaves us all stunned.

Ah awesome. A new thread! We definitely needed one. Thanks @spud1897

Just over 2 days to go! Heads up for UK people but 10.50am CET is 9.50am GMT meaning if the trailer is dropping in the Yu Suzuki session it'll be early morning for us. Meaning I'll probably wake up to the storm of news. 70 minutes duration also indicates we'll be getting some substantial info similar to the Edge article. At least an extensive interview. Then there's Crazy Time in the later afternoon where more news could drop depending on their plan. The likelihood also is that pre-orders will begin around MAGIC itself if all the retailer machinations and game listings that have shown up recently indicate. Hope we see headlines in a week or two following MAGIC indicating Shenmue 3 is selling extremely well in early pre-orders.

So looking forward to this. Hope Shenmue 3's latest trailer leaves us all stunned.
Tbf @Spaghetti mentioned it on Monday and I said I'd do it haha. Enjoy

Interview with Suzuki-san locked in for tomorrow at 4, with great help as always from ShenmueMaster, as well as all of the other communities. Caught up and hung out with ShenmueForever, Team Yu and a few from 500k too. These trips are just sheer bliss, that's all i can describe them as. A true honour, both as a whole, but for me personally and this site.
As much as i would love to have the interview online as soon as i can, it's always best including the help of @Switch to give it the full treatment, as translators can miss key points, as well as also misinterpret some questions/responses, so that will have to come later down the line.

However, i will be 100% dedicated to the conference itself on Saturday. Full 1080 recording, full audio recording, front row, all or nothing. As it stands, i will be sacrificing getting one of those highly sought after Shenmue t-shirts, but that's the gig. I will also miss out on the signing sessions too, due to racing it back here to the hotel to get the footage online. I will hopefully see Deep Silver tomorrow too, and get clarification on specifically what can and what cannot go online. But i suspect the conference itself will be ok, however whatever is shown during "Crazy Time" will not. I could be wrong, i will find out tomorrow. This is going on last years sequence.

Either way, we will have a full dedicated team there in the form of @James Brown, @Flagship and @spud1897, covering all aspects of social media, so if you are not following our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, then you should do so right now. Go. GO!!!! We will be keeping these all updated with any photos, videos, tidbits or general posts whenever and wherever we can.

Shenmue Dojo Facebook
Shenmue Dojo Twitter
Shenmue Dojo Instagram

I sincerely hope you all have a blast over the coming days. Not just for me personally, but this site, this entire community and the people that all make it work together is something very special. Almost as special as the game we passionately support and represent. Yu Suzuki is here, and is ready to show off his artistic vision, of a game that not only have we waited so long for, but he has waited so long to develop. I believe we are about to see something very special. Something we may have all squabbled about in the past, but will all throw our love and support behind in unison. Take a deep breath. Here we go.

You probably already have a list of questions that you're set to ask, but if you have some time, could ask Yu how much ( if any) the script has evolved in the past 17 years since he first wrote it? Has he made any major amendments at all?

Thanks.

Yes unfortunately the questions are written, submitted and pre-screened in advance.

Hopefully one of the sites questions him about the topic. Personally, I think this will be a more matured, personal and deeply intimate Shenmue experience than what we've seen in the past.

17 years is a long time, and I think Yu-san's life experiences during this time will be reflected in Shenmue 3.

Hopefully one of the sites questions him about the topic. Personally, I think this will be a more matured, personal and deeply intimate Shenmue experience than what we've seen in the past.

17 years is a long time, and I think Yu-san's life experiences during this time will be reflected in Shenmue 3.

Absolutely.

The process isn't as simple as a lot may think, and involves a lot of collaboration behind the scenes. Always keep in mind that we are not alone, we are a community, and always try to use that to our advantage. The strength is in our numbers. I will come up with 15 questions, as well as other outlets. Some even going beyond 20. There's no way all of those questions can be asked within the time frame for each of the interviews, so hats off to a certain someone who collaborates and reviews them all, and helps organise it. Taking some questions off of some, and letting other sections of the community because the chance of the response being much more in-depth and interesting is highly likely. The questions that are the best to ask are flagged, and duplicates scrubbed.

Then we come onto the day itself, where you also have to bear in mind that the time just flutters away. There's the asking of the question, the interpreting of the question, the reply to the question, and finally the interpretation of the reply. Time goes by so fast, that the benchmark target is always hovering around the 8 question mark. Whilst that's small, that's where the strength in numbers comes into play. With all of the tremendous hard work done, and the right questions selected and allocated, we can together get as much information to you guys as we possibly can.

As it stands, i will be sacrificing getting one of those highly sought after Shenmue t-shirts, but that's the gig. I will also miss out on the signing sessions too, due to racing it back here to the hotel to get the footage online.

That's really nice of you but personally I wouldn't begrudge you taking an extra 90 minutes or however long it takes if you want to go to the signing session.

That's really nice of you but personally I wouldn't begrudge you taking an extra 90 minutes or however long it takes if you want to go to the signing session.

Yeah, I second this, I think we can all wait an extra 90 minutes; make the most of your time there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back