General RGG Discussion

After dodging was introduced in VF3, it was kind of hard for me to go back to VF2. However, I still enjoy Fighters Megamix where the VF2 models are giving VF3 controls

Space Harrier was in FOTNS, 6 and 0. Honestly I'm glad its not in Kiwami 2, more room for other games instead of the same 4 over and over! (Virtual On rocks!). But yeah, there's some weird control issues going on with SH on the HD remasters of Shenmue 1 and 2, its way harder to play than in Yakuza and definitely doesn't have as good digital controls as the DC originals.

But back to your main question, I can't tell you how to get good, I can tell you how to cheese the game for the CP requirements. See, Jeff has one move that basically breaks the AI and is super abuseable. Its his butt attack, its something like forward + PKG (punch kick and guard all pressed together). Or forward, forward + PKG. I honestly forget the exact command. But its Jeffs ass attack, so once you get that move down proper just use it over and over. The AI will either not block the move (so you damage them) or block it (forcing them backwards). So either you KO them or get a Ring Out. Works against Dural and everything.
As for pressing all the attack buttons in one go, pause the game and check how the shortcuts are set up, as its usually bound to one of the shoulder buttons (R1 I think?) if your using a pad. So basically you can press forward + R1 or something like that and own the AI easily.

Sorry if the command is wrong, Its been a while since I played VF2 so don't remember the exact command off the top of my head.

ehehehe. Been a while since I played Yakuza 5. The credits replay sequence where Jeffry butt punches all bosses is too funny.

Last edited:

ehehehe. Been a while since I played Yakuza 5. The credits replay sequence where Jeffry butt punches all bosses is too funny.
Yup, it cracked me up the first time I saw this as well! Kinda wish there was a cheap way to clear Fighting Vipers as well. Not so I could cheese the entire game, just BM. He's one evil bastard I'll tell you that!

I started Yakuza Kiwami and got Yakuza 0 and now I wish I started 0 first. Since 0 is a prequel to Kiwami though I don't mind as I got into Yakuza late with Yakuza 3. I still need to play Yakuza 4, 5 and 6. Though I"ll probably wait for those to be ported to PS4.

So I've gotten my gaming area almost up and running fully (Just the HD/VGA consoles are hooked up, as I'm waiting on a CRT for my Saturn and earlier things) and I'm replaying Yakuza 5 on the PS3, as I never got the trophies for beating it on normal (strange, as I ALWAYS play on normal, but I maybe had a brain fart that night back in 2016) or the hostess trophies, things that I do regularly in all my playthroughs nowadays, so I'm miffed... but, it gives me a chance to revisit the game!

Finished Kiryu's chapters last night and boy, the setpieces, story-telling and even the audio/visual elements... This is still the best game in the series, I don't think I will ever come down from my perch, on that stance.

Plus, fighting with Saejima again is just absolutely awesome, I LOVE fighting as him!

PS3 version though ;) I really look forward to replaying 5, but I've held off because the remaster is now less than a month away. Just imagine all of that but in higher res and a smoother frame rate, Assuming the port is excellent (and after 4's I've no reason to doubt that) it should be the best game in the series once more.

I think it will be a home run on the PS4 and bring more people to like the game, especially if they fix the (VERY) few niggling issues that are fixable.

On part 3 of Saejima now; again, so well done the whole jail thing and fighting off hordes of people is much easier with Saejima: fighting with him is just brilliant and I still really dislike Kugihara lol

Kugihara is great as just a completely unlikeable bastard. Makes the boss fight all the sweeter. Aside from the overly long dream sequences and a couple of odd "suspense of disbelief" bits late in Saejima's 4th part I love the chapter. On the one hand I think the dream sequences are mainly pointless filler (not like he's lacking content) but on the other hand you get two really good side stories that tie into the plots of both your other two cell mates so its kinda required reading since those side stories are fantastic and I'd certainly not want them cut.

One of my favourite gems; I've posted that everywhere I could, because it is just too awesome.

Adelstein's book is brilliant too, a wonderful read.

Last edited:
Toshihiro Nagoshi talked a little bit about Shin Yakuza:

The story is 100% finished, they are in the process of recording but most of the stuff is already recorded,
there are many surprises in the cast (characters), the new cast feels very fresh and good,
Ichiban Kasuga is a completely different guy than Kiryu. Ichiban talks a lot and he has a lot of really detailed motivations.
Development went smooth.

I guess we will hear about Shin Yakuza soon.

I want it now! Well, not this month, there are already two Yakuza's getting released this month. But soon! Its alongside Shenmue 3 as my most wanted game, cannot wait to see where they go with the series next.

Well now that Shenmue 3 got delayed, i can take my time with the Judgment playthrough. A loooong time.
I pre ordered the disc version today.

Really looking forward to these new characters and then new characters in Shin Yakuza too, awesome!
I hope Judgment does well or good enough in terms of sales
because it would be great if Sega would translate all of these new games into all these languages from now on.

Judge Eyes has already sold well in Japan, so I think the boost in funds there will help Sega realise they have something good on their hands.

Hokuto ga Gotoku sold well-enough in the West, so I think the series is fully back to prominence here and lackluster sales won't affect things.

Views for the recent Judgment combat trailer have passed 600K on the Playstation Youtube channel. Which is kinda surprising as its pretty high for a niche game like this. Kinda good news, hopefully that translates to sales. Pity about Shenmue 3 though, but at this rate I'll be able to do a replay of the whole series one after another.

Not long now until the releases of both RGG5 and Judgment. Clearing more of my PS4 backlog and E3 should keep me occupied long enough to pass the time!

i ordered one today. i can do a little diorama with all the different Yakuza / Sega games + Kiryu.
would be cool if they would also release Majima and Haruka.
(and Yagami and Ichiban Kasuga and ...)

Back