General RGG Discussion

They also said that the gameplay of Gaiden will be like in the classic action Yakuza games, not RPG.
So i doubt they would put that into Yakuza 7. Way too late as a Yakuza 6 DLC.
It should be its own thing, sold as a separate game.

Didn't they hint that it would be closer to 6?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know the game will be action aventure beatemup but i hope it won't be like lost judgment or ishin remake (with superpowers, fire particule everywhere)

I got past the renown grind spot in Chapter 12, since then the story has ramped up to 11 and I am all in! Chapter 13 was epic and I loved it. However, I am now stuck on another big encounter in Chapter 14:
Yes it is Mr.K' himself. I just feel that my attacks do 1/5 the damage output they should against him and the battle becomes an endurance. I'm now Level 62/63 and have A few decent upgraded Weapons Like Ichibans Legendary Bat EX 3+ Or Adachi's EX equivalent. I'm also using both ladies as I have noticed Mr. K' won't attack them - but I may change that as that means more of a chance to hit Ichiban, sometimes doing 2 attacks in a row which leads to his death...

I did try change the jobs around before this but couldn't even reach the Battle Arena without getting killed, so I'm still not encouraged to do so - My characters are level 30+ on their base jobs. I've noticed Eri's Flying Crane attack does 2x attack on Mr. K' but the damage output is still around 150-200 each attack.

Bout to give it another go but after enjoying the story so much last night I don't want this to blow the momentum.

Also, I found a secret shop that you can buy accessories to increase EXP, yet when I equip them I don't see any significant boost on the post battle screen - apart from one 'Yakuza Traning Gear'.

With Yakuza Gaiden going back to its roots maybe Sega wants to keep the rpg elements grounded to Ichiban storyline.
Yeah but apparently kiryu will have rpg turn based combat too in y8...

RGG stated a while ago that, going forward, mainline / numbered entries would be turn-based RPG's, whereas the Judgment franchise for example will have action based combat.

Gaiden being sort of an 'interquel' that focuses on Kiryu, it having a battle system closer to parts 0-6 makes sense.

I got past the renown grind spot in Chapter 12, since then the story has ramped up to 11 and I am all in! Chapter 13 was epic and I loved it. However, I am now stuck on another big encounter in Chapter 14:
Yes it is Mr.K' himself. I just feel that my attacks do 1/5 the damage output they should against him and the battle becomes an endurance. I'm now Level 62/63 and have A few decent upgraded Weapons Like Ichibans Legendary Bat EX 3+ Or Adachi's EX equivalent. I'm also using both ladies as I have noticed Mr. K' won't attack them - but I may change that as that means more of a chance to hit Ichiban, sometimes doing 2 attacks in a row which leads to his death...

I did try change the jobs around before this but couldn't even reach the Battle Arena without getting killed, so I'm still not encouraged to do so - My characters are level 30+ on their base jobs. I've noticed Eri's Flying Crane attack does 2x attack on Mr. K' but the damage output is still around 150-200 each attack.

Bout to give it another go but after enjoying the story so much last night I don't want this to blow the momentum.

Also, I found a secret shop that you can buy accessories to increase EXP, yet when I equip them I don't see any significant boost on the post battle screen - apart from one 'Yakuza Traning Gear'.

1. He doesn't attack the women
2. I used: Ichiban at Hero, Adachi at Riot Police and the 2 chicks.

I can't remember the exact attacks used and the like, but I had a SIGNIFICANTLY-easier time with him than with the other two in the previous chapter ;)

I'd love to see a mainline Yakuza game based around Goro. A interesting twist that I'd like to see is "Kiryu Everywhere" concept. The premise behind this could be payback for all the times Goro harassed and tortured Kiryu during his time in Kiwami 1.

I'd love to see a mainline Yakuza game based around Goro. A interesting twist that I'd like to see is "Kiryu Everywhere" concept. The premise behind this could be payback for all the times Goro harassed and tortured Kiryu during his time in Kiwami 1.
i'd love it (As long as they don't give him the same fighting style as in Kiwami 2.)

Not going to happen.

Again, I have a feeling that Japan is getting sick of him, with him appearing less and less in the last few titles.

Not going to happen.

Again, I have a feeling that Japan is getting sick of him, with him appearing less and less in the last few titles.

I hear you but Yakuza has grown bigger than just being a Japan game. The western audience may push for more Goro. Hell everyone is pushing for Yakuza Switch despite Sega repeatedly saying "No."

To be honest, the performance on the Switch would probably be terrible.
Like even Yakuza 0 has some fps drops on the PS4. Yakuza 6 on the PS4 even worse.
Screen tearing everywhere, low frame rate, no anti aliasing.
Even on the PS4 Pro there are still some parts in Judgment where the frame rate cant hold 30 fps.
(nowhere near 60 fps)

Now imagine all of this on the Switch. We re probably talking about like PS3 resolution 576p-720p
and 24-30 fps and probably all the 60 fps versions need a new 30 fps lock for the Switch.
I dont think this is going to work very well.

To be honest, the performance on the Switch would probably be terrible.
Like even Yakuza 0 has some fps drops on the PS4. Yakuza 6 on the PS4 even worse.
Screen tearing everywhere, low frame rate, no anti aliasing.
Even on the PS4 Pro there are still some parts in Judgment where the frame rate cant hold 30 fps.
(nowhere near 60 fps)

Now imagine all of this on the Switch. We re probably talking about like PS3 resolution 576p-720p
and 24-30 fps and probably all the 60 fps versions need a new 30 fps lock for the Switch.
I dont think this is going to work very well.

Well CD Projekt Red brought the Witcher 3 to Switch and its not horrible. I think Yakuza would fair well.

Well CD Projekt Red brought the Witcher 3 to Switch and its not horrible. I think Yakuza would fair well.

If you have the right team for it, anything is possible.
But RGG Studio is not very well known for having the best optimization ever
and Sega is not very well known for having the best game port teams ever.
The Dragon Engine is pretty hardware demanding in comparison to other games.

When their own main entry PS4 versions are already struggling,
and even some of the PC ports had a rough start,
chances are pretty high that a actual Switch version would be a huge downgrade.
Especially if they are just treating it as some quick cash easy money releases.

Back