Ask the Person Below you a Question?

A. If it's there, orange Capri Sun or summer fruits Oasis. Otherwise, water.

Q. How much sleep do you get on average?

A: Animal Farm left quite the impression on me when I was younger, probably more than 1984 and it's always stuck with me as a result. Just speaking personally, of course. I mean, we could probably have a whole topic about people's favourite books! It feels a shame that only one person gets to share.

Q: Do you have, or did you have any interests that you used to be embarrassed or ashamed of admitting that you liked that you ultimately got over and decided to just enjoy without shame?

Q: Do you have, or did you have any interests that you used to be embarrassed or ashamed of admitting that you liked that you ultimately got over and decided to just enjoy without shame?

A: I used to be really shy about my drawings that I would make, since I was constantly drawing and felt like others would judge me spending so much time making art, since being an artist wasn’t really seen as a “real job”. But nowadays I’m more open about it, even though I just do it as a hobby and not as my job.

Q: Speaking of hobbies, do you have any that you enjoy?

Ohhh such a tough one!! Gotta be a tie between... Apologies to the Queen Mary, Hail to the Thief* and One Time Bells.

Two part: Bourbon, Canadian, Japanese, Irish or Scotch whiskey? Corn, wheat or rye? (Prefer bourbon in winter, rye in summer. Haven't ever tried Japanese, yet...)

*EXTREMELY close second are kid a/amnesiac, which I consider one album like Shenmue and Shenmue II are one game. Only fairly recently began to appreciate Hail to the Thief much better as an adult. My patience matured like whiskey or wine with age; also like Shenmue in being able to slow down and soak in everything.

Last edited:
A: Tough one! Favorite with a small margin would be Glenmorangie, preferably an aged one casked with flavor, like the sherry one. No smoke flavor for me please, nope. Also love Nikka Coffey Grain, Japanese, and once in a while American Maker's Mark. Love whisky. Goes well with a game of chess ?

Q: If you could undo one thing or event in your life, what be it and why?

A: Hmm... hard to say. I have a horrid amount of luck, but I've truly never done anything in my life that I regret...

1 of 2 things; the first Is small, stupid, but its the only time I ever would have seen that kind of money in one shot, so I wish I picked the Bears (LIKE I WANTED TO! My dad talked me out of it) in 2010 in my survivor pool for the NFL, as I would've won the massive pot of over $5,000.00.

Instead, I picked the Eagles along with 12 other guys and we all lost, split the earnings and I got around $700.00.

Would've helped a lot for the future, as I wouldn't have had to go on student loans for my final year and I would've been able to save up a lot more for my wedding, trips, etc.

The second thing, my weight; my weight fluctuates so much, especially due to my job, that even going to the gym for 2 1/2 years straight and eating very healthily, I gain weight. I sometimes wish that either I wouldn't put on any weight or lose it, with my lifestyle or that I could remain my current weight, but eat all the crap I wish.

Having a job where you're chained to a desk, sucks :(

BTW, I can't drink alcohol due to my tongue, however my father is a massive Single Malt Connoisseur and his favourite by far of the traditionals, is Macallan; I got him an Oban during my second rugby tour (he loved it), got him a Macallan 12 (called something else) for his 60th bday (loves it even more) and got him Yamazaki 15 (hasn't opened it yet lol), when I went to Japan, as he's never had Japanese Scotch before.

He's been rated the by Scotch Board (or whatever they're called) of being in 98th percentile of the world, with being able to pick out flavours and the like, from alcohol, so he appreciates good quality brands.

Needless to say, he finds North American Rye Whiskies and blended Scotches to be fairly shitty, but that's just his palate.

Q: Similar to an earlier question, have you ever PURCHASED an item that you first saw in a videogame?

... got him Yamazaki 15 (hasn't opened it yet lol), when I went to Japan, as he's never had Japanese Scotch before.

Though I am beholden to gin, one of my fonder moments with a friend was sharing some Yamazaki 18. Being of Catholic persuasion, I'd compare it to the sound of a choir of angels mixed with a free gift card to Zara (I think that's good).

A. It sounds silly, but I've only purchased Timex watches since Shenmue. I have generally small wrists anyway (too small for expensive fancyboi watches), but they've always fit well and are stylish enough.

Q. Besides something merely practical or expensive, what's a personal possession you'd first try to save in an emergency?

Last edited:
A: I have a lot of photos and drawings from my brother I'd save, also my work contract.
Q: How has being a fan of Shenmue if at all affected the way you live life, have any of the teachings in game been practical for you?

Wude fit into ideas I was already cognitively conceptualizing, yet felt misunderstood and confused, as a 12 or 13 year old, so I've always taken them to heart quite seriously--definitely guided me well. Also, taking my shoes off at the door.

Right brained or left brained?

Wude fit into ideas I was already cognitively conceptualizing, yet felt misunderstood and confused, as a 12 or 13 year old, so I've always taken them to heart quite seriously--definitely guided me well. Also, taking my shoes off at the door.

Right brained or left brained?
For context, picture below

I am not impressive at anything. With that said, I have changed a lot since I was younger. Up until I was about 10, I could draw pretty well. So well in fact that I did a self-portrait that ended up in a local school museum. I could also play the recorder (not impressive I know) and really wanted to play the Piano. As I got older, I change completely. Can't draw to save my life and probably lack everything that is typically associated with a right brain person. With that said, I am not the best at maths but do like to think I am very logical in the way I map and approach things.

Typing this has made me think about all the ways I have changed since being young

• Used to be able to draw. Now I can't
  • Used to be noticeably skinny to a point my nickname was Skeletor. Now overweight with muscular build
  • Used to be sporty and could run mini-marathons. That no longer happens
  • Frankly speaking, used to be quite dumb. Now seen as the "smart one".

Q - Have you changed in a significant way compared to your younger self?

1549527409424.png

A: I would say the most significant way I've changed from my younger days was pretty much in self-confidence and self-assurance. Now admittedly, I still have my bad days. But overall I like the same desperation to be liked that I had when I was a teenager. I think I really wanted to fit in with whichever crowd that would have me. When I used to be on here as a teenager I had a habit of being a little bit too much. Too friendly, too agreeable just for the sake of it. In hindsight, it felt pretty annoying. I didn't seem to want to commit to my own opinions on anything.

I also feel like I came along way in terms of my own personal intelligence after I left education. Probably when learning became a thing to do for fun, rather than feeling like something I had to do in order to go anywhere in life. I think in general it's really difficult for growing into an adult not to change you in some way from your former self. Time and life just won't allow you to stay the same more often than not and it's by no means a bad thing.

But then to some extent, I feel like everybody has a slight look at their younger self through a bit of a cringe. And the change is inevitable, too. But apparently, judging by how I can never just give short answers on this site. One of the ways I've changed the most is that I suddenly love the sound of my own bloody voice. Not ideal.

Q: What is your comfort food of movies, tv, video games, or even music? Those things that you go back to when you might be feeling a little low, or not 100% and just want some time to re-charge?

Beef nachos. Cook some minced meat with onions. Add one can of chopped tomatoes and some BBQ wing sauce. Add some all purpose seasoning, vegetable stock and maple syrup for seasoning.

Spread nacho crisp on a large dinner plate and add a layer of cheddar cheese and mozzarella. The cheddar is for flavour whilst the mozzarella is for texture. Add another layer of nacho crisp and cheese. Then spread the minced meat over the second layer of nachos and finish with more cheese.

Pop in the microwave for a minute or so until all the cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and microwave and sprinkle a bit of parsley or chive for presentation.

Recommended dips will be sour cream, cheese dip and guacamole. Also make sure to bring a spoon and kitchen towels to the sofa as things may get messy. Enjoy with a beer or cider.

Q - do you have children and if so, mind telling a story about the first few years? Anything you want.

A: No children. Got a thoroughly spoiled cat, though. He literally just moved in with us without us having much of a say and now we can't get enough of him.

Q: What Shenmue character would you like to be like and why? Bonus; what Shenmue character are you really (no humblebragging)?

A. I wish I had Guizhang's suavity, martial arts skill, and money.
In reality, I'm the guy who runs the Come Over Guest House: sleepy, usually smoking cheap tobacco and listening to the radio, and not getting paid when I ought to be.

Q. What's the worst physical injury you've endured?

Last edited:
A: When I was a kid I would jump from couch to couch. The arm rests of the couches were solid wood, so at one point I mistimed my jump and smashed my head on it. Parents were rattled as hell and took me to the hospital. Don't really remember much from all that. I probably got a concussion but was fine after that.

Q: If you could be any animal for one day, what day in the year would it be and why?

A: Easy one. Cat on Christmas. Nowadays I just tend to get oversized socks, but as a cat I’d be buzzin my tits off over all the wrapping paper.

Q: What’s your fondest cheating moment? Whether it’s on a test, a video game, cheating the system maaannn, etc. And don’t be a boring cunt by answering “I never cheat”, as that would be cheating us all out of a decent n entertaining answer.

A: Easy one. Cat on Christmas. Nowadays I just tend to get oversized socks, but as a cat I’d be buzzin my tits off over all the wrapping paper.

Q: What’s your fondest cheating moment? Whether it’s on a test, a video game, cheating the system maaannn, etc. And don’t be a boring cunt by answering “I never cheat”, as that would be cheating us all out of a decent n entertaining answer.

A: Not sure about fondest but craftiest was in a German exam. We had to record us speaking German conversations to a set of questions. Having seen these beforehand I pre-recorded everything swapped the tapes and no one knew.

Q: Can you name 3 people who have been an inspiration to you and why.

A: Not to be cliché, but I actually said this at my wedding, because I had to really think about it and its true lol:

My Uncle: My uncle taught me so much about classics and really sparked the culture part of me, as he is really proud and in-tune with our Italian heritage (well, he was BORN there, so that helps lol) and I learned a lot. Plus, he introduced me to video games when I was 3 and we all know how that turned out ;)

My Dad's First Cousin (he's my cousin too, obviously): 10 years older than my dad, he is a true rags to riches story, who also has a major presence in my life. He busted his ass in school, with little to no money (student loans didn't exist back then), worked his way up a bank to a fairly senior position in a few years, bank went bankrupt due to fraud and other things, he was named as one of the fall people (literally had NOTHING to do with anything; just signed cheques as he had authority), lost his home, vehicles, etc. Then, he went back to school, graduated at the top of his class, transitioned to be a wealth manager and at gained even more success than previously. Working in finance now and having treated me like the son he never had (which includes discipline), not to mention he's the only family cousin we've EVER been close with, he is definitely someone I look up to and wish to mould myself around.

My Father: Again, cliché, but I am so alike to him in terms of intelligence and mindset, he really did leave a lasting impression on me, for the way I think and behave today. My dad has had horrid luck his entire life (some of it was his doing, most of it was absolutely not), but he has constantly been able to provide and be the pillar of our family, while being a wonderful human being and practical beyond the norm; if I can be half the man my father is, I would be an awesome person.

Now, I hope to be MORE SUCCESSFUL than my father, lol, but for everything else, he's a good landing point.

Q: Similar to McFancy's question above, do you have specific foods that you associate with specific games/events/etc.?

For me, Propeller Arena on the DC is Crispers. Gangster Movies are an assortment of sour candy. Carmageddon 2 is Pepperidge Farm Goldfish and Gatorade.

Etc. lol.

Back