Ask the Person Below you a Question?

A: Very happy, although I would always like to be making more money... Pay is more than sufficient, great people, a job I excel at and a company that is superb, with fantastic benefits and a great pension, once I retire.

Q: What is your favourite anime and why is it your favourite?

Q: What is your favourite anime and why is it your favourite?

A: Initial D by far! Even though the story is sometimes lacking, the music and the high speed downhill racing and drifts make it my favourite anime to watch! It’s also one of the things that got me started in my interests of cars and drifting.

Q: If you could live in one Shenmue location (2 and 3 included), which would it be?

A: Kowloon. In real life it is pretty neat (though I'll always prefer Sha Tin), but in game, back into the 80s, that'd be awesome. Love the gritty, noisy, amazing views kind of apartment blocks and street markets.

Q: Best show you ever went to (concert, gig, drama, stand-up, etc), and why.

A - Watch the Throne - Jay Z and Kanye West. Not a big concert goer and been disappointed with the comedy shows that I have been to. However, despite the delay and long wait I had so much fun at this one. Really good energy, production quality was excellent and we got really close to the action. Would love to listen to Kanye West or a soul performer in an intimate setting.

Q - What's your ASL (for those raised during the MSN era) and are you happy with your life?

A: 30/M/UK. "u?" I must say as well, that overall I am probably happy in life. It's really a question that's difficult to answer on any given day because so much can change from time to time. There's a lot of bad that's going on in life and that has been going on in life for a couple of years. But then, when I think to myself in the moment and day to day life whether I'm happy with the way things are? I suppose I am satisfied in the sense that things could always be a heck of a lot worse.

Q: Do you feel that looking back on your life (however old you may be.) that you've changed in any significant ways. And if so, was it a conscious decision or something that you look back on and noticed in hindsight?

A: Yeah, I have changed, and I reckon anyone who says otherwise is lying out their arse. I mean, nobody’s the same from 0-10, 10-20, why would 20-30 be any different? I made a very conscious decision to be more myself and less... “appropriate”, if that makes sense. I also drew up some four year plan to get my arse into gear, but now it’s gonna stretch to six, which I’m not massively happy about, but still...

So yeah, I’m intentionally more of a dick ed than I used to be, but I’m also more responsible.

Q: What was your childhood toy? (Your “Woody”, not your “Buzz”)

A: A stuffed animal make of Mole from The Animals of Farthing Wood. Wanted Fox or Badger (they were larger and fluffier), but got Mole and never looked back. True companion.

image.jpeg

Q: What's your worst food/meal experience?

A: The Worst? lol probably when my (absolutely awesome and I miss them dearly, but have lost contact :() Scottish hosts for my second UK Rugby Tour, gave me, "lasagna," to eat for dinner.

Had half a bite, if you can call it that and that was it for the night; just disgusting, easily the most awful thing I've ever eaten.

Every other morsel of food I had in Scotland otherwise, was pure bliss and deliciousness. Best fish and chips in my life!

Q: Building off of the above, has there ever been a food or dish in a videogame that you have wanted to try or have tried, in real-life?

(I've made Neo-Kobe Pizza from Snatcher, half a dozen times and it is BOMB)

Q: Building off of the above, has there ever been a food or dish in a videogame that you have wanted to try or have tried, in real-life?

A: While my brain could not process half of what was going on in Final Fantasy 15, I remember loving the look of Ignis's cooked dishes and wanting to try a few. Some of those looked scrummy!

I say "some" because a few looked ridiculously too small for my fat ass to handle. I mean really, a slice of plain toast for dinner...

68ze.gif

Q: What's a really embarrassing thing that's happened to you which looking back on now is actually pretty hilarious?

A: One day back when I was going to college it was a particularly rainy day and the floor of the bus was extremely wet. I was standing at this point and the bus was pretty busy already, which somehow always makes it even harder to stay on your feet when the floor is pretty slippery. Anyway, the bus took a really hard turn, then the bus hit the brakes equally as hard and before I knew it, I was spinning around one of the metal poles on the bus and with all the grace of an exotic dancer ended up sitting in this poor stranger's lap in one fluid motion from losing my balance. I was a teenager at the time, probably 16 on a bus equally full of teenagers who saw this whole thing go down. So this was all particularly mortifying. But looking back, the sheer grace and timing of the thing never fails to amuse me.

Q: If you could bring one thing back from your past that's no longer around, what would it be?

A: Selfishly, I'd have to pick between WCW and Sega as a console manufacturer... I'd say Sega, back in the console race.

Q: In the country you live in, do they drive on the left hand side or the right hand side?

Martian Chronicles--first and only book to make me cry. Very close second would be Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said.

How many languages do you speak? (Preferrably only answer if you speak more than one fluently)

A: Besides native English, I've a decent enough grasp of German and French to both find a bathroom and discuss human malaise (what else is to be discussed?) I teach high school Latin, but I don't much speak it-- Roman centurions are curiously rare in Alaska.

Q: What is a habit or skill you'd particularly like to acquire?

A: Tough one that. I’d love to be able to play the guitar, but with my ego it’d be pointless without being able to sing. Then on the flip side it’d be mint to be able to sing, but I wouldn’t wanna be that bellend who always jumps on at karaoke (guaranteed that’d be me if I couldn’t also play an instrument.)

Other than those I suppose it’d be decent to be able to dance. I’d make less of a tit of myself when I’m mullered, and it’s always summat decent to pull out in the right situation.

Q: What are you most proud of in life?

A: Besides native English, I've a decent enough grasp of German and French to both find a bathroom and discuss human malaise (what else is to be discussed?) I teach high school Latin, but I don't much speak it-- Roman centurions are curiously rare in Alaska.

LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!!

anywho:

My home; reclusive loner and I bought my first home all on my own on a server's wage at 27. Work(ed) my ass off!

Semi repeat, but hear me out: Whats your favorite niche hobby/passion aside from Shenmue? (example: mine would be b/w analogue photograpphy--have had a darkrom for about 5 years and been shooting film since I was 15)

^b/w photography... niiice.

A: My niche hobby/passion besides Shenmue? I've studied Wittgensteinian ontology hours daily for 7 years. Based primarily on that, I'm very deep into writing an introductory Logic textbook.

Q: Do you ride horses?

That is awesome! The only Wittgenstein reference I know of (apart from at the most-basic explanation, that he was a philosopher of sorts), is from Fawlty Towers:

Basil: Go to the roof-
Manuel: The roof? Si!
Basil: -no, I haven't told you yet! Now go to the water tank.
Manuel: Oh water?
Basil: You know, water? Water on roof in tank?-
Manuel: Si, si!
Basil: Two dead pigeons, in tank, take out.
(Manuel looks quizzically)
Basil: Its not difficult, Manuel, listen, this is not a proposition for Wittgenstein. (:D lol)

A: I've ridden a horse, twice. Both when I was a little kid.

Not a fan lol. Though, I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again, sometime soon.

Q: Are you a fisherman/woman and have you ever done any Offshore/Deep Sea fishing?

Back