Project Update #104: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

There's undoubtedly opportunists. There was one guy in the KS comments who literally said something along the lines of 'I backed the PS4 version, but they have really screwed backers over, so I'll take the refund and then just buy a retail version at launch as it's cheaper and easier".

It's astonishing that people like that exist and have the audacity to behave as if they are acting morally in good faith.

I assume and hope that no one who has selected a PS4 version will be provided with a refund. Don't give me that "I'm taking a refund in an act of solidarity with fellow backers who have been betrayed" bullshit. Fucking leeches and degenerates.

Honestly, fuck anyone who takes them up on a refund. Go find a real scam, because I have at least 4 or 5 campaigns I have lost money on that could probably use that attention that you are wrongly directing at YsNet.

I'll let reddit answer for myself
View attachment 3410

So Tim wanted Valve to give out keys for free?
But Tim is going to give full refunds to people who are unhappy?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay Valve and make people happier???

That makes no sense what so ever.

I guess we will have to disagree, but as am not a pc gamer you would know more then I do on this subject.

I will have to agree with Mr. Sandwich and his statement.

who cares. If people realy want to play shenmue 3 they will do it. on whatever store it comes.
yeah, whatever, let's continue pretending everything is fine and be happy that no one except backers will play this game on a store which user base is something like 5% of the Steam user base. After all Shenmue historically got absolutely no problem with sells. Yay!

yeah, whatever, let's continue pretending everything is fine and be happy that no one except backers will play this game on a store which user base is something like 5% of the Steam user base. After all Shenmue historically got absolutely no problem with sells. Yay!
I would say that that numer is super inacurate.
Epic store has a big big install base mainly because Fortnite, but that doesn't matter.
Also Dude! Shenmue will sell the most on PS4! Not on PC.

There's undoubtedly opportunists. There was one guy in the KS comments who literally said something along the lines of 'I backed the PS4 version, but they have really screwed backers over, so I'll take the refund and then just buy a retail version at launch as it's cheaper and easier".

It's astonishing that people like that exist and have the audacity to behave as if they are acting morally in good faith.

I assume and hope that no one who has selected a PS4 version will be provided with a refund. Don't give me that "I'm taking a refund in an act of solidarity with fellow backers who have been betrayed" bullshit. Fucking leeches and degenerates.

Honestly, fuck anyone who takes them up on a refund. Go find a real scam, because I have at least 4 or 5 campaigns I have lost money on that could probably use that attention that you are wrongly directing at YsNet.

Main of the vocable anti-Epic backers were utterly dishonest by making outside people believing that Steam keys were promised at the very beginning to get public opinion on their side.

I can understand their anger and they must have the right to get refunds (if Steam keys not available) but most of these people are blatantly vile pigs who don't care that much of the game.

Main of the vocable anti-Epic backers were utterly dishonest by making outside people believing that Steam keys were promised at the very beginning to get public opinion on their side.

I can understand their anger and they must have the right to get refunds (if Steam keys not available) but most of these people are blatantly vile pigs who don't care that much of the game.
They are going all Goebbels http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161026-how-liars-create-the-illusion-of-truth

what do you mean with pretending? we have all the information we need now.
people who want to play on Steam, have to wait one year. you are not losing anything,
you will get a fully patched final game on Steam. just play something else in the meantime.
everyone else can just play the Epic version on PC
or play on PS4 or get a refund. i think those are enough options.

Epic will compensate all of the KS refunds with their own money and i think we have more S3 PS4 players than PC players,
so we are probably talking about 10-30% who will refund, and thats only a couple thousand people.
a AA / AAA game that only sells 5000-10 000 copies is considered as a super huge flop,
so its not like these people would make a extremely huge difference.

the retail market has nothing to do with that and all of these "scandals" are meaningless for the PS4 retail market.
we cant include comment sections of some Youtube rage videos into this discussion / calculation because
there is a very high chance that 80-90% of all those people were not interested in buying Shenmue 3 in the first place.

if we look at all of these Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, whatever rage posts, it will look like
there are 5 mil people interested in this game and i think everyone here knows, that this cant be true.

if we sort out all of the noisy troublemakers who just want attention and nothing else,
i'm pretty sure there is still a very stable core fanbase + all the retail buyers who dont care about KS or PC launchers.

just because the videos of YongYea, Quartering, and so on have hundred thousands clicks, it doesnt mean much.
their audience want this type of videos, their subscribers want this type of content.
that doesnt mean that their audience was interested in buying Shenmue 3.

Last edited:
I just viewed the Resetera thread and lo and behold there isnt really any outrage. It was like one person making a thread and all the rest saying how little a deal it was. Why lie about outrage when there is none? Or am I missing somethin?

Where is the outrage in this thread besides the OP? :p:ROFLMAO:
Haha I almost feel bad for the OP, ALMOST looool

Posts relating to Steam V Epic have been moved here:

There's undoubtedly opportunists. There was one guy in the KS comments who literally said something along the lines of 'I backed the PS4 version, but they have really screwed backers over, so I'll take the refund and then just buy a retail version at launch as it's cheaper and easier.

This doesn't even make any sense. Kickstarter was meant as a way to fund the games development it's not an actual sale. So let's say that Epic did theoretically gave this user their money back nothing is going to happen. Epic doesn't care they have plenty of money and Y's Net/Deep Silver don't care since the game is already complete. Then you're going to support the very underhanded thing you hate Epic for by buying the game for retail. Yeah that'll show em! Do people even think before they say something? If you wanna stick it to them, then don't buy the game at launch and be happy with your Kickstarter copy. People can't even sabotage the game properly.

Had a bit of a ramble on the Kickstarter page for the first and last time. Fully expect empty "shill" comments and doubt people will listen.
View attachment 3414
Well put. Couldn't agree more.

Awaiting flames in the kickstarter comments in 3....2....1.....

Back