Youtuber’s Adam Koralik and Shenmueso hosted a live broadcast from the headquarters of Sega Europe today, answering various questions on the upcoming re-releases of Shenmue I & II. You can watch the video on Adam’s official Youtube channel below:
* video temporarily unavailable
Information and notes from the Q&A include:
- Loading times almost “non-existent”.
- Bloom effect in both games has been tweaked, and looks better than in the original releases.
- High res & widescreen modes can be disabled.
- Games can be downscaled to “Dreamcast” resolution.
- Tank controls are “no more”. left thumb stick for control, and right thumb stick for camera control.
- Clock in the upper right corner & size can be adjusted.
- Reversible cover art WILL be included. (Adam corrected himself on twitter after the broadcast)
- Same user interface across both games for continuity.
- Save icon will be a Dreamcast icon.
- Timex watch will now be a “Sega” watch.
- Hitachi cassette recorder is now a “Sega” recorder.
- Multiple save states & save anywhere.