What are you playing?

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for XBOX.
It's a movie licensed game, but it's actually really good so far. I played it when I was little but I never finished it, so I've gone back to it.

I just started Uncharted 4. Got it on a psn sale and so far I really like the game. I would not consider myself to be a Uncharted Fan, I played Uncharted 1 and 2 and enjoyed it but it was never on the series that I really love. Just a nice game to play. After the not so good third part of Uncharted I was really impressed with Part 4. It makes nothing different than the other games but it still has something that impresses me so far. Could be the best Uncharted so far.

Just got the order 1886 for like 3 bucks (while looking for a spiderman sale that expired because even while I spent a lot of time with RDR2 it's quite boring)...
Enjoying the fuck out of it, maybe the best graphics I've seen, and I quite dig the aesthetic (well, not that much the steampunk).
Quite glad I bought it, a freaking still.

I'm doing my winter playthrough of the Dreamcast versions. Took a break to get into Kingdom Hearts...

I got Spiderman for my birthday and I am liking it.

Slightly repetitive but it's overall good fun. I've found it quite easy to sink a few hours into it without getting bored so that's something.

Just got the order 1886 for like 3 bucks (while looking for a spiderman sale that expired because even while I spent a lot of time with RDR2 it's quite boring)...
Enjoying the fuck out of it, maybe the best graphics I've seen, and I quite dig the aesthetic (well, not that much the steampunk).
Quite glad I bought it, a freaking still.
Yeah, no, more time into it it's just boring.
Too many cutscenes, too linear, some bland enviroments, the story meh so far.
It's kinda weird pointing out why is boring though, the controls are ok, the weapons behave fine (mostly), but it just feels boring to play. It's incredible how sometimes we take for granted how good some games actually are, they make it seem seamless.
The best way of describing it would be, that the enemies behave like shooting gallery targets, hide, come out to shoot, cover, shoot, almost on a timer. So you basically do the same, cover and shoot.
So close, yet so far.

Yeah, no, more time into it it's just boring.
Too many cutscenes, too linear, some bland enviroments, the story meh so far.
It's kinda weird pointing out why is boring though, the controls are ok, the weapons behave fine (mostly), but it just feels boring to play. It's incredible how sometimes we take for granted how good some games actually are, they make it seem seamless.
The best way of describing it would be, that the enemies behave like shooting gallery targets, hide, come out to shoot, cover, shoot, almost on a timer. So you basically do the same, cover and shoot.
So close, yet so far.

Never played the game but can sympathise with your assessment. It's hard to put your finger on what exactly makes a game good and not feel repetitive. From looking at 1886, it does seem like a game which would be worth another shot (if the story is anything worth salvaging?).

I recently competed RDR2 and randomly completed Hellblade again. Have nothing to play at the moment apart from Smash Brothers every now and again on my Switch. Was thinking of getting Okami as it's on sale at the moment but still debating whether it's a game worth playing or has been overhyped because of its art style. I definitely did not regret playing Shadow of the Colossus but if I had a time machine, I probably would have saved the money. I have no interest in the developer or their future games.

Is Okami worth getting then?

Getting back into No Man's Sky. I originally got it for PC when it first came out, and played it without any expectations (in other words, I wasn't part of the internet pitchfork mob who thought they had been personally betrayed by Sean Murray). As such, I was kind of surprised and overwhelmed by its emphasis on survival. Anyway, I only played it a little back then but picked it up again this week and I'm really impressed by how they've developed it further over the past year-and-a-half. The early game is much better organized now and helps you understand the push and pull between gathering and using resources. It also seems like there's a lot more to choose from in regards to how you want to focus your gameplay... collecting bounties in space battles, setting up trade routes, building bases, farming, commanding a fleet, etc. It's really cool, and being able to play with friends in multiplayer is the icing on the cake. I'm enjoying it and I can only imagine how much more they'll develop it in the coming years.

I am playing the Witcher 3 for the first time. Pretty good so far.

I am also playing old adventure game Syberia on PS Now, which is pretty interesting and unique.

End of Zoe was really fun, and something about beating up monsters with your fists rather than blasting them with guns is just badass for me. I never finished Not a Hero because I am, admittedly, a bitch when it comes to survival horror games despite my love for them.

I remember some people complaining about End of Zoe because of the fists aspect... but I felt like that was the point of EoZ: you've beat the main game, you've dealt with the terrifying scares and, now this is your reward! No fear!

I am playing the Witcher 3 for the first time. Pretty good so far.

I am also playing old adventure game Syberia on PS Now, which is pretty interesting and unique.

I'm in the midst of a Witcher 3 playthrough too, I love the first and second game. The third seems huge, so I'm playing it in between other games.

Playing Shenmue 2 still, but at Kowloon, so nearly done. I can't get over how many cool things this game has, even if it's just lovely aesthetics.

Finally, playing Total War: Attila finally! It's really great too, I'm loving all the extra features it has over Rome and it's overall darker/more bleak outlook. Things like fertility and food production take a lot more focus than previous games, keeping things interesting even after you've got your empire ticking away relatively nicely.

Started Judge Eyes last night!

So awesome, I'm wrapped in already!

Just need to get used to the (somewhat) new mechanics...

I'm in the midst of a Witcher 3 playthrough too, I love the first and second game. The third seems huge, so I'm playing it in between other games.

i loved witcher 3. i also bought the dlc for the extra missions. good fun but i dont think i would replay it (i spent 60-70hours on it)

from the resident evil 2 remake demo, imo it would be a better game if they ditched the shiny/glossy effects, make the guns more powerful (it takes about 6+ head shots to put down a zombie :hmm:) and made it possible to aim your gun without horrible crosshairs on the screen.. i tried turning them off but you cant aim for shit.

other than that re2 remake looks/plays like a good game but its not groundbreaking like the original.

from the resident evil 2 remake demo, imo it would be a better game if they ditched the shiny/glossy effects, make the guns more powerful (it takes about 6+ head shots to put down a zombie :hmm:) and made it possible to aim your gun without horrible crosshairs on the screen.. i tried turning them off but you cant aim for shit.

other than that re2 remake looks/plays like a good game but its not groundbreaking like the original.

Just played the RE2 demo myself. I really like how it is faithful to the gameplay, locations and atmosphere of the original with a few changes here and there. I do miss the fixed camera and don't like that they made everything so dark, but still enjoyed it a lot.

The RE 2 demo is awesome. Much better than expected. Minus the fixed camera it was very faithful to the original. It is dark, scary, you have not plenty of ammunition and the zombies can take lots of damage before they go down for good. Cannot wait to play the final game.

4/5 of the way through Red Dead 2 (nearing the end of Chapter 6).
3/4 of the way through Yakuza Kiwami 2 (about to hit quite possibly the most batshit insane endgame plot section in the entire series). Currently addicted to the minigames/subquests.
1/2 through The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (AKA Link to the Past 2). Excellent Zelda game.
1/2 through Fallout: New Vegas. Obsidian at their best.
Three missions into Hitman 2016 (which is kick ass).
Started Vampyr this week (finally a good atmospheric vampire RPG, been so long since Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines).
Started Dragon Age: Inquisition today. Better than the negative internet warriors were saying, so far.
Planning on beating Shenmue 1 soon (reached Disc 3).
Gonna replay Hotel Dusk (only a short game anyway, just an old favourite that I haven't played in a long time).

Thanks to being off for two weeks for Christmas/New Year.

Darksiders 2

Had it for years and never touched it. But finally played the first and really enjoyed it.
First looks really good on Xbox one and actually matches the enhanced version apart from being 30fps rather than 60. The BC team have done wonders.

Got the 3rd as a gift so I'll move onto that after

Back