What are you playing?

I have been playing Virtua Fighter 2 ever since I was a kid but I have never before beaten this game with one credit and one credit only. Today; mission accomplished! I finally bested this hard ass game in ONE CREDIT in Ranking Mode (which gives you one credit and no continues)

No spamming throws either (spamming throws is the easiest way to beat this game but I think it's kind of cheap as hell and removes the challenge.) This was straight up playing mixup with moves and playing fairly. I know how to play Sarah pretty well now.

My only regret? I didn't beat Dural..but oh well, I will try again later :)

Now; can I do this in an arcade next month when I go to Tokyo (specifically Akihabara?)...I will try damn it :)

Last edited:
Really? Damn.
Yep. It is so easy to get knocked down; stun-locking is almost a guarantee in a brawl; enemies are much more likely to crowd around you; Dragon style is useless until the end of the game, by which point I imagine many players would have given up even trying to work with it; bosses are cheap, shite, and/or incredibly frustrating for the most part; the flow is more akin to a Powerpoint presentation; and so much more.

Unless I am doing something very wrong, that's just how it is, unfortunately.

I really liked the combat in Kiwami myself. I felt the Yakuza games even on hard have been way too easy for far too long so that gave me some fun when fighting mobs. There were only two parts of the game where I had issues fighting against certain characters, but on the whole I really liked it. I just found it a matter of using and levelling up the styles as you go along.

Anyway, finished off playing Catherine on the Vita. Fantastic game gameplay wise, works better on the Vita than I'd expect. I'd get all the endings but I'm just too lazy to go after the rest of them. I did get all gold on medium normal/arrange stages though, that was fantastic fun.

Now working on Rabi Ribi on the Vita, seems like a cool Metroidvania game with bullet hell boss fights (its a nice change). Devil May Cry 5 on the PS4, almost done with my first run + all S ranks on the missions, amazing combat in the game, perhaps the best in any action game. Also playing some DJMax Portable 2 on the PSP here and there, such a fantastic series to waste away the hour with.

I’ve been trying to play Kingdom Hearts 3 but it’s..... Not good. I had to quit last night because I was bored and genuinely not enjoying the game, which bums me out because I was really looking forward to it.

I’ve been trying to play Kingdom Hearts 3 but it’s..... Not good. I had to quit last night because I was bored and genuinely not enjoying the game, which bums me out because I was really looking forward to it.

I'm a newbie to the series, but so far I found the combat to be very mashy and uninvolved. Trying to force myself to finish it but I just can't give enough of a damn to do it...thinking I might go trade it in for Sekiro instead.

I'm a newbie to the series, but so far I found the combat to be very mashy and uninvolved. Trying to force myself to finish it but I just can't give enough of a damn to do it...thinking I might go trade it in for Sekiro instead.

For me it’s the story: I’m too confused by the original plot and not interested in the Disney worlds. Why should I play a game that has the same story as the Disney movie? I could just watch the movie LOL

I’ve just heard of Sekiro, it looks intriguing!

I get the complaints with KH3. The ongoing plot isn't exactly resolved very well, but I did enjoy the Disney worlds like Toy Story. Combat is very basic though, which is odd as the last couple of games in the series (well, KH2 and BBS) are actually pretty decent in that regard. I did enjoy the post game stuff, but even then its very basic compared to pretty much any other game I've been playing lately combat wise.

nzgZUse.jpg

Months behind everyone else and still not an impressive time but I got there in the end. I haven't set out to achieve something like this in a game in forever.

Catching up with some buddies tonight, and we may get into some Street Fighter Alpha 3 (DC) for old times' sake. What a delightful soundtrack, that.

Finished RE4 for first time. Understand the hype better now, always respected from afar. Wiimote was fantastic, way better than the GC stick aim/QTE.
Glad at least a bit of the past was brought back, but not as into the parasitic plotline vs viral. Nice to see the coolest of old faces, though.

Can't wait for Revelations(s), yet a bit RE fatigued, despite the new storyline and gameplay. Therefor, need to finally finish Yakuza 5. Also been playing Alone in the Dark New Nightmare intermittently as well as slowly chipping away at a new save file for Ooga Booga and Toy Commander.

Prelimary gaming roadmap until September:
1: Syberia 2
2: Last Guardian
3: Revelations
4: RE5
5: Revelations 2
6: Shenmue III

Dawning upon me--aside from super hyped, absolute seminal, classic must-play games such as Yakuza and MGS--feels like I subconsciously waited to play my backlog of three generations until Shenmue 3 was very near release.....

Last edited:
I just started the complete edition of Horizon Zero Dawn. Got past the part where you play as a kid. Not really feeling it yet.

Started on Hello Neighbor for PS4 too. I was looking forward to this ever since I first heard about it a few years ago, but the negative reviews it got upon release had me a little wary. Finally decided to just pick it up. So far, it's interesting, but I'm afraid I'll just never finish it due to lack of engagement with it.

Working on beating Life is Strange again. Lost all my previous save files when my PS4 bit the dust. As much as I love the game, I'm really just wanting to finish it so I can move on to Before the Storm.

Started up Yakuza Kiwami 2 again. I looked forward to this game for the longest time, but when I finally played through it the first time, it wasn't really memorable. I think it's because I was splitting my game time with the Shenmue re-release too. Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy this more this time around.

Lastly, doing another run through Resident Evil 2 remake. Lord, I love this game.

I think it was when I finished Red Dead I was looking for another game to buy and would have got Kingdoms Hearts if I never played the game at a friends house for 5 minutes. The movement and combat just screamed poor production quality to me so I did get it.

Finished The Witcher 3 and DLCs after 117 hours yesterday.

Today I see Witcher 1 and 2 on sale for 1 dollar
special price that steam give us for living in one of those poors and shitty countries).

God loves me, for sure

Final games roadmap to August 26, 2019: 21 weeks beginning from today; must beat my top 12 games from my backlog before Shenmue lll. As mentioned in previous post above, the very real, palpable hype of Shenmue 3 release being so soon has me finally lifting a gigantic dead weight off my gaming shoulders. Rejuvenated interest and inspired to finally play all these:

Yakuza 5+Okami (Intermittent Ecco and Along in the Dark Dreamcast progress throughout)
Syberia 2
Last Guardian
RE Revelations+Grim Fandango
Killer7+Stubbs the Zombie
RE5+Shenmue llx
Psychonauts+Eternal Darkness
SHENMUE lll

Last edited:
Got a free month of Origin Access so played through the Titanfall 2 campaign, was a ton of fun. Played Furi for a bit but wasn't my thing so now trying Crysis.

Went out to Namco Sugamo yesterday and rented a Tekken 7 cabinet for 3 hours all for the measly price of 1500 ¥ (or 15 bucks).

Thats a bargain for three hours of non stop online matches in Tekken. I was impressed. Namco Sugamo is where pros often go and play. I’m far from a pro at Tekken but it was uber cool to see Yuyu (famous Ling Xiaoyu player) there yesterday afternoon just playing casually :)

Japanese Sonic 3 & Knuckles Sonic Jam Normal Mode. Now that's a mouthful...

Anyways, Sonic Jam has the most unique iterations of rereleases of the classics for sure. The way they have constant loading pauses for the music and how strange some of the sound effect may be irritating and downright messing with the experience but what they offer with the Normal and Easy modes is far beyond what any other port has done.

I haven't played the classics in Sonic Jam a whole lot to be honest. Got it rather late, mainly used it for the Sonic World and had the original MD games anyway. Whenever I played them I stuck with Original Mode. Only ever took a look at a bit of easy mode for laughs and never gave Normal Mode a try. Supposedly it has actual extra improvements in a few placed.
Looking forward to finding these. S3&K is my absolute favorite 2D game of all time so I'll enjoy every kind of playthrough of it.

The Witcher 2, Destiny 2 and started Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

Finished Yakuza 4. So I'm hitting up a few more Capcom games. Today's game is Saturday Night Slammasters (the arcade version). Not a wrestling fan, this is actually the first wrestling game I've ever bothered playing. I like it, its got that solid Capcom foundation to it, combat feels nice and responsive and the moves are (in theory) easy to pull off. Only issue I really have fighting the AI is them reacting incredibly perfectly to some moves and being able to grab me from a enhanced distance compared to what I can do (I tested in two playing mode, they are definitely doing something cheeky). Otherwise its a really solid game and another Capcom title I didn't know I loved until now!

I am playing MK11 for the ps4 a lot (thanks to gamestop pre order I get on thursday already)

I also got a ps1 again, this time a ntsc model to play some games we did not got in Europe back then. I bought Dino Crisis, Fear Effect, MGS and Parasite Eve with the console.

I just started playing Parasite Eve 1 for the first time. Back then I just now the 2nd game because it was released in Pal countries as well.
So far I really like the first Parasite Eve. The fighting system is more RPG like than the second 1 but I really like this Final Fantasy type of gameplay. The soundtrack is great and it has a good atmosphere . I am really glad I can finally play it.

And it is great FMV too just like every other Squaresoft game of the era.

Back