Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Great! Allow me please to point:
. Ryo's pose should be head-torso-hip perfectly straight aligned like experienced martial artists and classic dancers. Like in Shenmue 1-3.
. I can't recall any moment that he crosses arms. That fits better with Ren.

But if you as project director are happy with these neat designs, then go with it. Its just minor hardcore details that shouldn't restrain a fanmade game.

Great! Allow me please to point:
. Ryo's pose should be head-torso-hip perfectly straight aligned like experienced martial artists and classic dancers. Like in Shenmue 1-3.
. I can't recall any moment that he crosses arms. That fits better with Ren.

But if you as project director are happy with these neat designs, then go with it. Its just minor hardcore details that shouldn't restrain a fanmade game.
Actually he did.Screenshot_2023-07-26-16-57-28-79_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Of course he is defensive in front of "that Ren" XD. Like I said, is your project. But dont take the exception for the rule, Ryo sits walks and do everything totally pose aligned as that was one of many of Yu Suzuki added details.
It looks weird that Ryo talks to someone without any motions in 2D view. In 3D view, you can adjust camera angles to make difference. In 2D, I want to add some motions.

It looks weird that Ryo talks to someone without any motions in 2D view. In 3D view, you can adjust camera angles to make difference.
Hmm I think language barrier is happening, we both aren't natural english speakers.
I never said nothing about leaving Ryo motionless but about his pose. It can be animated both in the pose you already have and the one I suggested without any problem or weird looking. And yes, it shouldn't be a major problem that Ryo crosses arms for a while, but being the idle animation changes his personality.

Its just style preference and as you are submitting footage nearly frame by frame I thought you wanted constructive feedback
In 2D, I want to add some motions.
Cool! Im very curious about how clothes and long hair will be animated for every perspective of view. Theorically one can design just a side, i.e. left side and mirror the opposite by little coding (nearly every 8/16bit game did it but in my experience that really looks weird).

Hmm I think language barrier is happening, we both aren't natural english speakers.
I never said nothing about leaving Ryo motionless but about his pose. It can be animated both in the pose you already have and the one I suggested without any problem or weird looking. And yes, it shouldn't be a major problem that Ryo crosses arms for a while, but being the idle animation changes his personality.

Its just style preference and as you are submitting footage nearly frame by frame I thought you wanted constructive feedback

Cool! Im very curious about how clothes and long hair will be animated for every perspective of view. Theorically one can design just a side, i.e. left side and mirror the opposite by little coding (nearly every 8/16bit game did it but in my experience that really looks weird).
Crossed arms pose is use for talking to certain NPC or cutscene,not for Idle state. When TGS and Gamescom ends, I would like to make a video to show the dialogue system.

Back