Random Shenmue Thoughts

Ever Imagined how the Ancient City of Luoyang could or can look like in a game of the Shenmue series.
Check out this youtube videos and some pictures of this Chinese Rpg I'm currently playing called Sword and Fairy 7.

20211027153850_1.jpg

20211027154113_1.jpg

20211027154018_1.jpg

20211027154217_1.jpg

20211027154239_1.jpg

20211027154315_1.jpg

20211027154919_1.jpg

20211027154940_1.jpg

20211027155019_1.jpg

20211027155112_1.jpg

20211027155127_1.jpg

20211027155155_1.jpg

20211027155210_1.jpg

20211027155246_1.jpg

20211027155306_1.jpg

20211027162954_1.jpg

I'm trying to make 100% of the things in the first game and now i got to a point where i have doubts about some things.

After i finish the first game i have plans to use my save in Shenmue II to continue the journey with all my items and other things.

If i decide to play Shenmue II in a new save then the game will always begin on the day February 23, right? Fangmei's birthday is March 3rd, if i finish the first game on the day February 22 then i will not lose Fangmei's birthday and other things in Shenmue II, right? my fear is finishing the first game after this date, i will try to finish the first game some day in February before February 23.

I'm on the day January 26 now, i'm on the part in the story where Goro will find a job for Ryo so i hope i will finish the game with 100% of the things before the day February 23, i really want to use my save in Shenmue II with all the things i got in the first game.

Today i maxed all the hand moves, now i just need to max 10 kick moves and all the throw moves. What is the most efficient and best way to train in the first game? How do the throw training work in the game? if i put train throw moves only then how can i train this moves? i know i can train one time a day with Fuku-san but there is no way to train throw moves alone, so how do the throw training work in the game? thanks in advance.

On my latest playthrough of Shenmue 1, I played darts instead of going to meet Goro at the Harbor on the day he tells you he'll find you a job. When I got home that night, there was a cutscene with Fuku-san I haven't seen before. Fuku-san tells Ryo he wished he could have done more to help. Ryo says no problem, it's the thought that counts.

Then on the day I was supposed to meet Goro at noon in front of the big blue door, I stayed in the canteen and played darts instead. The next morning Goro telephones Ryo at his home. Ryo says "yo" and Goro is all mad and says "don't 'yo' me". Haha.

This is probably all known about, but was new to me. Every playthrough there is a new cutscene or dialog.

Last edited:
The trailer for the new series of GamesMaster is out, and there's a very nice Shenmue reference from host and massive fan Robert Florence!

And having Sir Trevor McDonald is a nice touch. Sir Patrick Moore was a wonderful GamesMaster!

On my latest playthrough of Shenmue 1, I played darts instead of going to meet Goro at the Harbor on the day he tells you he'll find you a job. When I got home that night, there was a cutscene with Fuku-san I haven't seen before. Fuku-san tells Ryo he wished he could have done more to help. Ryo says no problem, it's the thought that counts.

Then on the day I was supposed to meet Goro at noon in front of the big blue door, I stayed in the canteen and played darts instead. The next morning Goro telephones Ryo at his home. Ryo says "yo" and Goro is all mad and says "don't 'yo' me". Haha.

This is probably all known about, but was new to me. Every playthrough there is a new cutscene or dialog.

Go slightly back to 12:51 for one of the funniest bits of dialogue of the whole series :LOL: Bluemue is awesome :D

If Shenmue became a Netflix series this would be guy that I would cast to play the role of Lan Di.

What is everyone's fastest lap on the forklift race? I just did 0'52'92, the first time I've ever done sub 53 seconds.

I just found out in the Dreamcast version of Shenmue II when it goes to the menu where you need to swap the discs to continue if you press one of the shoulder buttons, you get a new screen that replaces the swap discs menu. It seems disc 1 has 2 pictures, one of Nozomi and the other is Joy.

If Shenmue became a Netflix series this would be guy that I would cast to play the role of Lan Di.
He was great in 24! Also like Donnie Yen, even has a similar robe in Shanghai Knights.

Regarding the post above about the disc swap pictures, I believe all of those are available to see in IIx and the rereleases as you complete the last two Secret Photo Albums.

I don't remember where i saw a montage of Yu Suzuki and Ryo, maybe it was here but it was in low resolution, i decided to do my own version of a montage of Yu Hazuki.

Yu Suzuki is japanese, Yu Suzuki travelled to China, met martial artists, probably trained with them, Bajiquan Grandmaster Wu Lian Zhi is a good friend of Yu Suzuki, is like Yu Suzuki is telling his adventures in China through Shenmue.

Yu Suzuki even reminds of Ryo Hazuki in some things, the mouth is similar.

Please, someone create a mod of Ryo Hazuki with Yu Suzuki's face, this will be awesome

Yu Suzuki is the real Ryo Hazuki. 😊

I did two versions of Yu Hazuki. 😁

Yu Hazuki.png

Yu Hazuki2.png

Last edited:
Back