Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Esra primarily works with IGN Japan though, so while he might do the review for them, don't expect the "regular" IGN (which is more well known) review to be by him.

Have only played 0 and Kiwami, (working my way through Kiwami 2 now on Steam).

Such a great series. I'll always prefer Shenmue because of my childhood connections but god damn do I love the relationship between Kiryu and Nishiki + Majima and Makoto.
Its probably my favorite series (its either that, tales of, or mgs 1-4 and only 1-4) just cause of how it utilizes its multiple entries to actual build a real history with its locations and characters first hand and just generally appealing to alot of my tastes, I think after 14 fairly long games(including remakes) the fact I still love it shows they are doing something right. Heres hoping the series still keeps on trucking along with 7 taking such a risk and judgement hopefully being a series.

I do generally hate the comparisons it gets with shenmue though, always felt they were just really misguided since theres barely any overlap and it's kind of a disservice to both game's strengths. Like I'm not daft I know why the comparison is made its not like they are totally foreign to one another, but what actually makes both series special isnt present in one another and I think the drastically different story tone is a big part of that alone.

Ah wonderful, my son has a stomach bug right on cue for Shenmue 3's release (it's 2am and have been awake half an hour settling him and cleaning up sick). So come Monday or Tuesday when the game comes, even if he's better either I'll end up with the bug myself or I'll be too knackered from sleepless nights to play the game. Wonderful.

Agreed. All you have to do is enter 'Shenmue 3' on Youtube and there's someone posting walkthrough videos. Hope to see a review video from a gaming site soon.
Thanks for reminding me, the reviews from the established gaming sites are what I've been dreading the most. I bet some of them will give bad scores just to generate the clickbait page views. Still, perhaps I'm being cynical over nothing and Shenmue 3 will be treated more fairly. At any rate it won't matter, good word of mouth is what will win the day for Shenmue 3, not the desperate muckraking of a dying media landscape.

Ah wonderful, my son has a stomach bug right on cue for Shenmue 3's release (it's 2am and have been awake half an hour settling him and cleaning up sick). So come Monday or Tuesday when the game comes, even if he's better either I'll end up with the bug myself or I'll be too knackered from sleepless nights to play the game. Wonderful.
My son has been sick for nearly a week. :(
Ear infection, tonsillitis, general malaise.
Have either of you tried a precious item from the village of the Three Dragons? If you can't get hold of that, I hear a wall lizard soaked in liquor for three years or an extract taken from a frog over a period of ten years hits the spot nicely.

Start taking vitamins and drinking those vitamin c drinks to get a head start on the sickness.

of the major journalists, GameSpot I'm expecting them to be pretty positive and probably give it a 7, IGN is a total wild card but I feel they will more likley be negative about it, is a given cause huber, edge I have no god damn clue but they can be harsh so if they are gonna be critical I expect them to be very critical. Gameinformer I kind of expect to maybe give it the highest score out of the major ones, they are the only ones I can kind of see giving it above an 8.
It depends if IGN let Esra write the review (he did the preview) then scores could be good.

Esra primarily works with IGN Japan though, so while he might do the review for them, don't expect the "regular" IGN (which is more well known) review to be by him.
Hes done most of the more in depth stuff on Shenmue III. Well his Japanese stuff has been translated so its possible.

I don't watch any Shenmue 3 Video on Tuesday. Tuesday is Shenmue-Day for all of us. But i must say i'm shocked about the broken date so early. Congratulations to Yu Suzuki for the Award he became yesterday.

Agreed. All you have to do is enter 'Shenmue 3' on Youtube and there's someone posting walkthrough videos. Hope to see a review video from a gaming site soon.

Yea I'm shocked none of the youtubers posting these videos haven't made any partial reviews or anything like that yet.

As for the media, they're supposedly getting the game on launch day, so you'll need to wait a bit longer to see their smear pieces, um I mean reviews.

Maybe it's a sign from Iwao Hazuki- "keep those you love close to you" first and leave Shenmue 3 on the backburner for a week, maybe 2, actually leave it a full month to be sure, LOL😟👪

Is the steel case still available if I order now? I was originally wanting for my extra retail purchase to be a digital code so I could offer it up online, but god damn that case is so sexy...
It should be. It's a pre-order bonus. I got the same deal in PAL region at GAME.

If Shenmue 3 sells well when can we realistically expect 4? I feel like with a staff experienced in making a Shenmue game and working with Yu Suzuki 2022 seems realistic.

Then 2025 for Shenmue 5. 2028 for the final(hopefully) game.

Well, they gave DeathStranding a 4/10 or 2/5 so take that whatever way you see it.

Interesting reading the comments to that review. Unlike in other places they aren't burning the reviewer for giving the game a bad score. Either the Giantbomb audience is more mature to things like this, or they are complete fanboys who think Giantbomb can do nothing wrong. Hmm, I wonder which one it is.

Either way, their review for Shenmue III will be a disaster. If they gave Death Stranding a 2, Shenmue III might be risking to get a 1. :x

Back