Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Not sure about US, but in Europe I think it's gonna be at midnight, yes.

Yeah I just confirmed with PSN on chat that the game will be playable at midnight. I wonder why fangamer is waiting till Tuesday to release the Shenmue 3 digital versions if Sony is allowing else to get a head start?

Speaking of them, why the hell haven't they been covering Shenmue 3 for months now?

You would think they would've atleast done a, the story goes on trailer reaction.
He has covered it theres just very little to cover, he talked about the demo he played at e3, live streamed him playing the trial demo, and gave his thoughts on podcasts. But outside of that theres been next to nothing to even bring up.

Huber from Easy Allies (and the famous Gametrailers reaction video) said in their podcast that came out for Patreon patrons today that he doesn't have the game yet. I don't think any reviewers got it early.
Yeah if he doesn't have it then nobody does. That's a bad move on Deep Silver's part because there's plenty of sites that will score this game in the positive range.

He has covered it theres just very little to cover, he talked about the demo he played at e3, live streamed him playing the trial demo, and gave his thoughts on podcasts. But outside of that theres been next to nothing to even bring up.

I don't know, we found a lot to talk about, infact Shenmue news has been very plentiful within these past few months.

It can backfire though... I remember a few games in the past that publishers either didn't send review copies until the release date or flat out refused to send review copies, and the critics just went after them even harder and almost tried to make an example of the publisher for trying to dodge the media.
If anything it almost always backfires, it makes people skeptical of the quality alone and then on top of that it almost always forces the game to either be rushed through to get the review out in a timely fashion, or outright skipped altogether cause by the time they'd be done its so past release theres no reason to even review it. I feel like DS when they originally signed on was fairly confident in the game then after the E3 backlash+delay they just gave up altogether.

Lets just hope the game still pulls enough to get us 4. Its probably not gonna chart all that well but we'll see.

Last edited:
If anything it almost always backfires, it makes people skeptical of the quality alone and then on top of that it almost always forces the game to either be rushed through to get the review out, or outright skipped altogether cause by the time they'd be done its so past release theres no reason to even review it.

The big exception here, is basically anyone who would go out and buy is day 1, already pre-ordered it.

As far as Shenmue 3 goes, you're either the type who are heavily informed/already planning to get it day 1 anyone or you're the type who doesn't know jack about it anyway, inwhich case no basic review is going to get them running to buy it day one.

Shenmue 3 is very much a word of mouth, and watch a stream type of thing, to see if you'll be interested. Besides the mainstream press aren't the type to like or even "get"/understand Shenmue 3 anyway.

They would probally say something dumb like, play Yakuza instead(completely ignoring like 80-90% of what Shenmue is sigh)

This is fantastic, I actually think it's better than the one IGN did which was also lovely.

Man I hate to sound like a entitled bitch but I gotta play this game at midnight. I might just have to bite the bullet and order a psn copy. Its gonna take all day for that game to download off PSN. Fangamer fail👎
They are being pretty weird with the codes, honestly. Not that it affects me personally since I won't be able to play on Tuesday anyways. :(

Keep in mind, it will probally take all knight to DL+install sigh.

This is fantastic, I actually think it's better than the one IGN did which was also lovely.

They are being pretty weird with the codes, honestly. Not that it affects me personally since I won't be able to play on Tuesday anyways. :(

Why is Fangamer being any different than PSN? It's a PSN code. Am I missing something? WTF

of the major journalists, GameSpot I'm expecting them to be pretty positive and probably give it a 7, IGN is a total wild card but I feel they will more likley be negative about it, is a given cause huber, edge I have no god damn clue but they can be harsh so if they are gonna be critical I expect them to be very critical. Gameinformer I kind of expect to maybe give it the highest score out of the major ones, they are the only ones I can kind of see giving it above an 8.

Lol gamespot gave Shenmue 1 below a 7... Granted we’re talking 20 years ago, but that still makes me mad.

Lol gamespot gave Shenmue 1 below a 7... Granted we’re talking 20 years ago, but that still makes me mad.
they gave it a 7.8, which is a solid score, the one your thinking of was redacted cause they admitted to errors on their part and I very much doubt whoever made that still works there.

Back