Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

I've translated the short "fan messages" from the 3 announced Japanese voice cast announced today.
View attachment 13952
View attachment 13953
View attachment 13954

Also some information about the band playing the ending theme:
https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2022/02/messages-from-japanese-voice-cast.html
Legendary work as always.

I'm trying to hunt down the specific opening and ending tracks but no luck. Are they likely to be somewhere that isn't Spotify/Apple Music?

Legendary work as always.
Cheers Matt!
I'm trying to hunt down the specific opening and ending tracks but no luck. Are they likely to be somewhere that isn't Spotify/Apple Music?
I haven't found anything either - my guess is they've been written for the anime and haven't yet been officially released?

Will be interesting to see where that cave scene is placed in this season and if there's anything after it.

That cave scene brings out a bit of dread in me. We were stuck there for so long and when we finally got out, I didn't like where Shenmue 3 took me. I hope the season doesn't end at the cave. It would be cruel to be stuck there again.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see where that cave scene is placed in this season and if there's anything after it.

That cave scene brings out a bit of dread in me. We were stuck there for so long and when we finally got out, I didn't like where Shenmue 3 took me. I hope the season doesn't end at the cave. It would be cruel to be stuck there again.
Didn't like where Shenmue 3 took you? What were you expecting?

I really wish the anime would have un-retconned the floating sword. Inserting it into that bad ass pedestal, the zap Ryo and Shenhua get when their hands touch it simultaneously, Shenhua using her chi, and it floating to refract the light was the such an epic and jawdropping moment. The stone pit itself doesn't look like the majestic environment it was in Shenmue 2, either.

Shenhua original outfit is a nice touch though, not that the redesign bothered me.

Excited for Episode 1 tomorrow!

No, it was always then. Just some confusing messaging. In our FAQ's I've linked the original press release where it says Feb 5th 9.30pm Pacific. Which then aligns to Sunday 6th everywhere else.
9:30 PM Pacific Standard Time? Now it makes sense.

Back