Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Ryo doesn't strike me as the type that would cry at his fathers funeral. He's too stoic for that.
I agree with you about Ryo but i only said this things about the funeral and Ryo and Nozomi because maybe the people that are making the anime will go in a different route about all of this things.

Like i said in other post... if people go to watch the anime with the mindset that the anime needs to be 100% like the games then they will get disappointed by the anime.

I agree that more episodes would be nice, can you imagine 24 episodes? this would be amazing and of course this way with more slow pace with even more characters development, more scenes with them and much more.

I love the slow pace in the first game so i would love this route with 24 episodes with a lot of slice of life/calm moments, more characters development and much more, but the thing is that us Shenmue fans we don't get things about Shenmue very often, 18 years to get Shenmue III is a good example for this, so just the fact that we are getting an anime is amazing, it is not 1 OVA, 2 OVAs, it is a complete season and this is wonderful, i think this will bring so many new fans to the community.

From the trailers we can see that they will add so many things in the story and lore of Shenmue, i hope we can see Iwao's funeral or something like this, maybe in the anime we will get more information about Ryo's mother, Mark with his brother and much more, from the trailers we can see that Lan Di will appear more in the story with new scenes, maybe we will learn more about the character in the anime.

All i know is that i'm very happy to see this new take on the Shenmue franchise, like i said in my other post, i already have the games and i love the games but i don't want the exact 100% same experience with the anime.

Last edited:
I agree with you about Ryo but i only said this things about the funeral and Ryo and Nozomi because maybe the people that are making the anime will go in a different route about all of this things.

Like i said in other post... if people go to watch the anime with the mindset that the anime needs to be 100% like the games then they will get disappointed by the anime.

I agree that more episodes would be nice, can you imagine 24 episodes? this would be amazing and of course this way with more slow pace with even more characters development, more scenes with them and much more.

I love the slow pace in the first game so i would love this route with 24 episodes with a lot of slice of life/calm moments, more characters development and much more, but the thing is that us Shenmue fans we don't get things about Shenmue very often, 18 years to get Shenmue III is a good example for this, so just the fact that we are getting an anime is amazing, it is not 1 OVA, 2 OVAs, it is a complete season and this is wonderful, i think this will bring so many new fans to the community.

From the trailers we can see that they will add so much things in the story and lore of Shenmue, i hope we can see Iwao's funeral or something like this, maybe in the anime we will get more information about Ryo's mother, Mark with his brother and much more, from the trailers we can see that Lan Di will appear more in the story with new scenes, maybe we will learn more about the character in the anime.

All i know is that i'm very happy to see this new take on the Shenmue franchise, like i said in my other post, i already have the games and i love the games but i don't want the exact 100% same experience with the anime.
One of my biggest takeaway's from the trailers is just how much characterisation Lan Di gets.

In those 2 trailers he's said more than in 3 entire games. I'm, excited about his character and how they develop him. He's very much a mystery, other than seeking vengeance and wanting the mirrors. I hope we get more of a feel for his motivations and character in the Anime.

Also as a side note some press have had previews and so far so good!

One thing I don't understand is why other big youtubers that are Shenmue fans aren't helping promoting the Anime Series.
Per example Happy Console Gamer is a big Shenmue and Anime Fan and almost certainly he must know by now that the Shenmue Anime is coming out but I haven't heard him mention anything or even make a video about it.
Makes me feel a bit sad because he is one of my favourite youtubers and he still hasn't mentioned anything about the Anime.

View attachment 13859

cause he is lame as fuck. That's why honestly. People like this to me aren't fans of the series truthfully. But, that's just how I feel about people who claim to be superfans and ignore shit about the series.
The passion behind this project really shows; they even gave the similar style of cover of the games to the one from the Anime.

View attachment 13857
Seeing this and the Hong Kong skyline in the background gives me fucking goosebumps! I am stoked for this! If they make a physical release I'm buying it too!

Some new shots. Thanks to Shenmue Forever for the heads up from the ENG trailer.

Toonami Alternate Version:

scene01406.pngscene01461.png

JP Alternative:
scene00121.png

ENG Toonami Long Trailer:

JP Title Trailer from TMS:

@spud1897 and the rest of the dojo staff. I noticed at the end of one of the trailers it said in English "Shenmue Project". We need to find out what that encompasses and if that is only related to the anime or something more than the anime perhaps?

Also, sorry for the double post. But, I figured you guys would find the usefulness of the logo here for future shenmue dojo content as well as a possible addition to the let's get shenmue 4 adverts.

logo.png

And here is a location from the anime used on the main site I grabbed, but not sure if it will be in the anime:

bg_pc.jpg

Dudes and Dudettes,

its gonna be a freakin good year for Shenmue! :love::love: Cant wait....

I think I am gonna freak out and smother everyone with kisses if at the end of the season Yu announces Shenmue IV...:D:D:coffee:

Cannot recall where or whom said in a thread about the Amime, but I had a similar idea bouncing in mind prior to reading the post:

If Anime becomes a hit, what if Sega did a I+IIHD DLC for changing the gfx to JSRF or Scanner Darkly roto-scoping detailed celshade/anime style...? Even better if YSNet and Deep Silver might do same for Shenmue 3. Sounds pretty cool i think!

That would be awesome but let's get Shenmue 4 first and complete the series before any of that. (but I am down for that kind of DLC).

@spud1897 and the rest of the dojo staff. I noticed at the end of one of the trailers it said in English "Shenmue Project". We need to find out what that encompasses and if that is only related to the anime or something more than the anime perhaps?
I'm really not sure. For the moment I'm taking it at face value as Anime only but it could well expand. I also saw YSNET in the credits to one of the Japanese trailers today.

Back