Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

I'm really not sure. For the moment I'm taking it at face value as Anime only but it could well expand. I also saw YSNET in the credits to one of the Japanese trailers today.
what I saw was in the same trailer. I wonder if it's in the English trailer. But, I don't think so.

I have friends who have never played Shenmue who are hyped for this anime. One even went as far as saying he's buying a crunchyroll membership just to watch it.

Even in my own little circle I can see that the anime is pulling in new audiences, which can only be good for the future of the game series.

I have friends who have never played Shenmue who are hyped for this anime. One even went as far as saying he's buying a crunchyroll membership just to watch it.

Even in my own little circle I can see that the anime is pulling in new audiences, which can only be good for the future of the game series.
Yeah, I know of a few people who think Shenmue's story seems interesting enough, but just have no motivation to play a relatively clunky old Dreamcast game that they have no nostalgia for.

The anime serves as a fantastic entry point for those sorts of people and I can totally see new fans going back and playing the games after watching the anime.

Shenmue the animation in IMDB, don't forget to add to watchlist and rate in the future. You can rate the episodes one by one too.

I just signed up on Crunchy Roll. I didn't realize that Crunchy Roll would only have the Japanese version, and the English version will be played on Adult Swim. Not even sure how to get Adult Swim in Canada. I wanted to watch both.

Last edited:
Ok, I been looking around and I don't see how I can view it, unless I renew my cable, which definitely isn't happening.

Anyone know how to watch the english version and you'll be doing that for sure on Feb 5? I wanted to watch English first and then the Japanese version but I'll only have access to the JP version through crunchy roll.

I just signed up on Crunchy Roll. I didn't realize that Crunchy Roll would only have the Japanese version, and the English version will be played on Adult Swim. Not even sure how to get Adult Swim in Canada. I wanted to watch both.
I don't think Shenmue will be in Adult Swim Canada unforchanatley. I want to see it in my country the same way as you.

Ok, I been looking around and I don't see how I can view it, unless I renew my cable, which definitely isn't happening.

Anyone know how to watch the english version and you'll be doing that for sure on Feb 5? I wanted to watch English first and then the Japanese version but I'll only have access to the JP version through crunchy roll.
Unfortunately that's the same for all of us outside of the USA. I'm still looking into whether I can get the ENG version but it's increasingly unlikely, outside of pirating, which I'm not doing.

I'll run with the JP and subs. I play the games that way so it should be OK.

I'd also recommend the FAQ's we have on the site for any quick fire questions like this :)

Last edited:
1st review has come in.

So far so good!

GET HYPED PEOPLE!

1st review has come in.

So far so good!

GET HYPED PEOPLE!

That review sounds really good. It looks like the reviewer has watched a couple of episodes, but I'm not sure if he has watched them all.

And, by the way, I'm intrigued by the wording the reviewer uses when talking about Shenhua. It gives me the impression that she will appear much more than I expected her to do.

Updated Japanese actor and theme list!

View attachment 13928

View attachment 13929

Haruka Terui is Shenhua in Shenmue III, nice to see that Haruka is in the anime.
Megumi Yasu is Nozomi in the first game but i don't know about Shenmue III, maybe Haruka Fushimi is Nozomi in the third game.
Tetsuya Sakai is Guizhang in the first game, now is Ryuichi Kijima

I'm looking forward to see the opening and ending of the anime with the songs and how the characters will appear in these moments.

Just a few more days for the first episode.

Back