New Shenmue 3 Images from GameInformer - Warning: POSSIBLE DLC STORY SPOILERS

Of course he works for the Chiyoumen. Zhu is Tentei afterall. :sneaky:

This has been my theory for ages... Lately Yu told us Zhu cannot be trusted. He is the only character who knew Lan Di's father (they were friends), so he might also be the one who killed him. He was ruling over HK's black market, same as the Chi You Men. Pretending to be the enemy of the Yellow heads (and behind them : the Chi you men) could be the perfect cover before the big reveal. After having sent Lan Di to kill Iwao, he may have sent the letter to ensure Ryo would get to him and give him the mirror Lan Di might not find on site.

In this case, the helicopter scene was probably made up : Zhu pretending to be unconscious and Lan Di arriving too late. So Zhu could be "saved", then send Ryo to Guilin in order to discover more secrets & summon Chi You, which might explain Zhang's presence there.

Oh, and Tentei is the japanese name. He should be named Tian Di in the international version.

Last edited:
This has been my theory for ages... Lately Yu told us Zhu cannot be trusted. He is the only character who knew Lan Di's father (they were friends), so he might be the one who killed him. He was ruling over HK's black market, same as the Chi You Men. Being the enemy of the Yellow heads (and behind then : the Chi you men) could be the perfect cover before the big reveal. After having sent Lan Di to kill Iwao, he may have sent the postcard to ensure Ryo would get to him and give him the mirror Lan Di might not find on site.

Oh, and Tentei is the japanese name. He should be named Tian Di in the international version.
Guarantee he is faking and will stand to fight Ryo sometime.

The article also confirms an arcade game that some expected from previous images and has probably already been confirmed in the datamined thread:

"a parody of Virtua Fighter staring cutesy birds, called Chobu-chan"

I don't want to spoil the article but the brief bits they discuss about the game sound so good. Definitely an emphasis on NPC's and the details in this game. One bit really made me laugh:

"Ryo peeks through the windows of a nearby apartment building and catches a man flexing in the mirror. Suzuki tells us that this character is actually modelled after a Kickstarter backer."

The article also confirms an arcade game that some expected from previous images and has probably already been confirmed in the datamined thread:

"a parody of Virtua Fighter staring cutesy birds, called Chobu-chan"

I don't want to spoil the article but the brief bits they discuss about the game sound so good. Definitely an emphasis on NPC's and the details in this game. One bit really made me laugh:

"Ryo peeks through the windows of a nearby apartment building and catches a man flexing in the mirror. Suzuki tells us that this character is actually modelled after a Kickstarter backer."
hahahahaha!! This game is going to be NUTS folks!! Doubters will fade like they never existed!

This has been my theory for ages... Lately Yu told us Zhu cannot be trusted. He is the only character who knew Lan Di's father (they were friends), so he might also be the one who killed him. He was ruling over HK's black market, same as the Chi You Men. Being the enemy of the Yellow heads (and behind them : the Chi you men) could be the perfect cover before the big reveal. Dou Niu could have been acting the whole time. After having sent Lan Di to kill Iwao, he may have sent the postcard to ensure Ryo would get to him and give him the mirror Lan Di might not find on site.
And maybe helicopter scene was made up to send Ryo to Guilin to find more secrets, summon Chi You, which might explain why Zhu's man is there too.

Could you send a link where Yu says this? Must have missed it

Are the cups on the table next to Zhang making the chawan sign? ?

These 100% take place in the same warehouse.

B2Dtgd2.jpg

a93xnfO.jpg

Back