New Member Introductions

Greetings everyone. :) I've been around since the old days and I'm still here. Though it was Sonic that made me a hardcore Sega fan, it was ultimately my love of Shenmue that brought me to the Dojo, my first message board. My warmest welcomes to all of you, new and old alike.

It's been a lifetime since I've regularly posted here, but I feel this is a good time to resurface a little. I think the Shenmue world is about to get rather exciting again pretty soon.
LanDC! Always good to see you. Is that limited edition copy I sent you all those years ago still working? I swear if it wasn't fixing your Dreamcast, it was getting your discs to read. :p Good fortune to you, friend.

Been lurking (like a lot of new members) since I beat shenmue IIx, back in 04-06???
But this new/old place has been an everyday stop since. I hope to engage the community more now then in the past. I honestly can't wait to see what everyone on here will find in Shenmue 3 once it's released. It will be epic!!!!

Hey everyone. I'm from Texas and have been a semi-pro forklift racer for 18 years now. First raced at the harbor before it was even legal! Been around for awhile and looking forward to seeing the new Dojo come alive! Good to see old faces and meet the new ones.

Hello everyone,
My name is Sam(uel) I am from Australia. Some may have known of me on the previous dojo forum where I would mainly lurk and occasionally post.
I will miss the cynical nature of the olde forums where Shenmue 3 was never a chance of being released, but I am happy to accept change and move on.
It really is exciting times ahead, I will make sure to be more active this time around!

I would like to commend Peter(...Poida) on his efforts, this place is looking pretty snazzy! Well done mate!

Hi all, I'm Switch.

I'm originally from New Zealand, now living in Japan (where a lot of the atmosphere from the first game still exists in the smaller towns, although cans of drink at 1986 prices are scarce).

After discovering Shenmue - several years after its initial publication! - I instantly felt drawn to its detailed depiction of the world and interaction with its inhabitants. And I realized that there was a lot of Japanese-language material about the game that had not been translated into English - although Kiyuu, a member from the old forums, in particular deserves a mention for the wonderful job she did of providing this kind of information almost single-handedly over the years. To help improve this situation I started to carry out translations of early Japanese magazine articles about Shenmue and posting them on the Dojo forums. This eventually led to my launching Phantom River Stone, a blog focusing on Shenmue-related translations, articles and the occasional software project.

It's a pleasure to be part of the Shenmue Dojo community, brought together through our love of Shenmue.

Hi all, I'm Switch.

I'm originally from New Zealand, now living in Japan (where a lot of the atmosphere from the first game still exists in the smaller towns, although cans of drink at 1986 prices are scarce).

After discovering Shenmue - several years after its initial publication! - I instantly felt drawn to its detailed depiction of the world and interaction with its inhabitants. And I realized that there was a lot of Japanese-language material about the game that had not been translated into English - although Kiyuu, a member from the old forums, in particular deserves a mention for the wonderful job she did of providing this kind of information almost single-handedly over the years. To help improve this situation I started to carry out translations of early Japanese magazine articles about Shenmue and posting them on the Dojo forums. This eventually led to my launching Phantom River Stone, a blog focusing on Shenmue-related translations, articles and the occasional software project.

It's a pleasure to be part of the Shenmue Dojo community, brought together through our love of Shenmue.

?

Back