Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In here.... Kinda yea.

But out there, it's a massive shitshow. The Kickstarter page is their primary point of contact. They will more than likely not read here or even ResetEra. But the comments on there...... I mean someone already posted the cancer comment.

That's not even making me angry. That just brings me right to sadness, and close to tears to be honest. Anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting the man and shaking his hand would know exactly what I am talking about.

Anyone who thinks for 1 millisecond that Yu Suzuki has scammed anyone, or did this with ANY sort of malicious intent... No offence, but you don't have a clue, and couldn't be more wrong. I am calling it a night.

Can we talk about how good the models for the children are in this game
View attachment 3046
View attachment 3047
Why are they so good lmao
550x329_71A.jpg

It's alright guys, tomorrow we'll wake up to KS update 103 containing a video of Yu saying he forced DS at gunpoint to reverse the deal with Epic. This will turn a PR disaster into a PR dream as everyone decides they love S3 now as it embarrassed Epic. Then it'll sell a million copies on launch day, and we'll think back to today and just laugh... ?

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around why people would be more than slightly annoyed (if that) about having to use a different game launcher than the preferred one.

It's a fucking video game, for one, and secondly if Shenmue III came out when intended a PC option wouldn't have even been a thing. This changes literally nothing about the game itself.
Some gamers care more about their corporate allegiances than actual video games. Sad but true. It'd be more understandable if playing via EGS negatively affected the experience in any way, but it won't. Playing Shenmue III on EGS will be almost identical to playing on Steam (achievements and other extras aside).

When people feel like they're being "forced" into installing something they don't want to install it's a recipe for disaster, but I mean FFS, we've waited 18 years for this impossibility to happen. Are you really going to let a storefront ruin Shenmue III for you? I can't understand it, but that's just me.

I wouldn't try to think of a lot of this negativity as something directed specifically at Yu. This drama could be happening to any game right now that was made epic exclusive. It's hard having it happen to our game though. I knew this news would be difficult but I don't have the same outrage we see on KS.

It may just be a drop in a bile-filled bucket, but for what it's worth here's my Kickstarter comment:

"I continue to be 100% supportive of this project. The new trailer looks great and I look forward to seeing more in the coming days. To YsNet, thank you for your hard work and dedication to crafting a worthy continuation of the Shenmue saga! あなたの努力に感謝します。"

They are probably the ones outsourced.
They look a lot better than the others, even main characters.

Well whoever is the NPC character modeler, especially the one designing the children, needs to get promoted to design the main characters...or get the environment and scenery designer! They’re on another level!

Let’s be realistic. I’m extremely excited for Shenmue III having put hundreds of dollars into it much like many of you here, but it is not going to look miraculously better with a 3 month delay. Stop inventing a head canon about the animations, or lip sync, etc.

I’m going to love it, but it isn’t going to look much better. We are too close to launch. Set your expectations lower - the story and gameplay will be amazing, but the graphics will not be great (in a sense, the characters don’t look great, but the environments look amazing).

Let’s be realistic. I’m extremely excited for Shenmue III having put hundreds of dollars into it much like many of you here, but it is not going to look miraculously better with a 3 month delay. Stop inventing a head canon about the animations, or lip sync, etc.

I’m going to love it, but it isn’t going to look much better. We are too close to launch. Set your expectations lower - the story and gameplay will be amazing, but the graphics will not be great (in a sense, the characters don’t look great, but the environments look amazing).

There’s many months to refine the main character graphics and animation to match the quality of the NPC’s...

Except it looks much better than it looked just a few months ago.

There are very valid reasons I am upset about this and the level of trust that has diminished as a result of this. I am a kickstarter backer, I backed Shenmue from the very beginning and anyone can vouch for that, I waited most of my teenage and a huge chunk of my adult life for this and put money down even while facing a layoff.

The issue here isnt epic but it is the fact we were asked in our surveys what we wanted, I chose a stean physical backer copy kickstarter limited edition. Now to be told this is epic exclusive, assuming emails are real saying no refunds will be issued no option to change versions and deep silver telling us we will receive a reedemable code, I feel betrayed and it is enough to destroy any trust I had. I reserve my words cautiously because I don't want to say anything I will regret, but now I am starting to question everything.

Except it looks much better than it looked just a few months ago.
I should clarify. Some of it looks a million times better - I have no doubt the team is working as hard as they can. I’m referring mainly to animation, as that is what we are seeing have diminishing improvements at each showing.

Is anyone here actually not going to play the game because it's on EGS though. I'm annoyed about it and I'm annoyed about it being a download code, but I'll still play it. Obviously.

I should clarify. Some of it looks a million times better - I have no doubt the team is working as hard as they can. I’m referring mainly to animation, as that is what we are seeing have diminishing improvements at each showing.

Have you seen the girl’s fall/catch animation? It’s the best we’ve seen! Small tweaks make a huge difference...

Is anyone here actually not going to play the game because it's on EGS though. I'm annoyed about it and I'm annoyed about it being a download code, but I'll still play it. Obviously.
It's not really an issue for me personally, I can just buy a copy (even though I already backed for $310) and then "pirate" it to avoid installing EGS on my machine. My issue is primarily with how this affects sales from your average gamer, something we desperately need if we ever want to see S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back