Adam Koralik 'Special Video' and Livestream

The bloom in Shenmue IIx was awful, it looked like someone smeared vaseline all over the screen. I am hearing the new bloom will be better though?

Oh boy... the more I hear about this game the less I'm excited... still I won't let it kill my resolve, hopefully these options are easy to tinker with so I can make the best of the image while playing...

I guess I don't mind the changes as much. No trolling, I'll kind of miss the Xbox bloom effect, if anything.

Adam & Ben did a great job in delivering a fun Live Stream

Answered a few Q's, most notably that Shenmue 2 will definetly have 4:3/Letterboxed cutscenes... which is disappointing after seeing them in full screen in SEGA's Pre-Order trailer.

No comment on the Yakuza 3, 4, 5 Ports... but not an outright no... :) - i did push that and thank Adam for asking :p

"
  • Tank controls are gone. left thumb stick for control, and right thumb stick for camera control.
"

Can someone elaborate on this? Tank controls are gone? This is a huge change
I thought we had the option of original controls or new controls???

Being nitpicky, but Shenmue doesn't actually have tank controls. People call it that, but it's not tank controls at all...

"Tank controls are no more."

Should have amended that. But that was the exact wording. Whether it was just a figure of speech or not, thats up for debate. But thats what the wording was.

"Tank controls are no more."

Should have amended that. But that was the exact wording. Whether it was just a figure of speech or not, thats up for debate. But thats what the wording was.
Hmm.

This conflicts with the info we've had a while back. That the modern controls would just be replacing the d-pad with the analogue stick.
Now they're saying Tank controls are gone all together (Which, if true, is not something that I would view as a positive change, the game wasn't made to be experienced that way).

I was of the impression you could choose. Anyway I'm not worried.

Oh that's nice that there's some reversible art. Regarding some of the other stuff, I'll live with it. I'm happy we're getting high definition ports with dual audio and other features.

A bit of false advertising, in all honesty. No real updates, so to speak, apart from the clock moving to the top right of the screen and being adjustable in size.

About the reversible cover I hope they go the Sonic Mania route and is Dreamcast cover like composition

So, do we have any idea about how the reversible cover is going to look? Will it be exactly like the other artwork on the double-sided poster?

0SDNs40-780x405.jpg

I'm definitely unsettled if there is no way to have tank controls.
(Not being able to have both tank and new control at once is more or less fine, though.)

Something that I'm wondering is :
Can we have an "upscale option" with the original dreamcast resolution ?
(I mean, by that, that the game would be natively rendered then upscaled with some bi linear filter of sort.)

I'm a little confused about the tank controls no more available. Does it means we can't use the d-pad for battles anymore.? But I'm really happy theres lots saving slots so I can revisit my favorite parts of the game.

I'm a little confused about the tank controls no more available. Does it means we can't use the d-pad for battles anymore.? But I'm really happy theres lots saving slots so I can revisit my favorite parts of the game.
Yeah, in regards to battles, the D-pad just makes more sense.

Adam & Ben did a great job in delivering a fun Live Stream

Answered a few Q's, most notably that Shenmue 2 will definetly have 4:3/Letterboxed cutscenes... which is disappointing after seeing them in full screen in SEGA's Pre-Order trailer.

No comment on the Yakuza 3, 4, 5 Ports... but not an outright no... :) - i did push that and thank Adam for asking :p

What do you mean it will have 4:3 and letterbox? Shnmue II only has letterboxed cutscenes does it not?
Shenmue I's cutscenes will be 4:3 and Shenmue II's will be letterboxed, no?

I really don't mind letterbox.

Back