A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

An old trailer for the documentary shows some old concept art...did we ever get what characters are shown to be translated?

An old trailer for the documentary shows some old concept art...did we ever get what characters are shown to be translated?

Daaaaang I forgot about this cut. Been a while!

Were any if those characters new? It looked like just Ryo and young Ryo. The black and white sketches while flipping through the book I thought were just concept art for scenes in Shenmue 2 but maybe I'm wrong

That's what I assumed too, but for example, at the 0:16 second mark, there is a sketch of what appears to be Ren and Ryo at an entrance of some kind with some characters written on a post of whatever they are looking at. It is likely just a store name or something generic, but with nothing new in Shenmue news, we can hope to stumble upon something interesting!

That's what I assumed too, but for example, at the 0:16 second mark, there is a sketch of what appears to be Ren and Ryo at an entrance of some kind with some characters written on a post of whatever they are looking at. It is likely just a store name or something generic, but with nothing new in Shenmue news, we can hope to stumble upon something interesting!
From what I can recall those shots were from my first time at YSnet which was more of a "Hey how ya doin nice to meet you" kind of visit. He gave me a little tour of the office, showed some concept art, flipped though some pages of sketches, and so on. Never went into any detail or anything like that.

Is there a specific site I should be monitoring by pressing F5 every few seconds? :giggle:
I would hope backers would at least get a confirmation of their copy shipping before it would be publicly released. :/

Anyone in the UK not received theirs? I saw a bunch of people get theirs a few months back now? Just wondered if they are being sent in waves in the UK?

Anyone in the UK not received theirs? I saw a bunch of people get theirs a few months back now? Just wondered if they are being sent in waves in the UK?
I haven't yet either Sheep... I wasn't sure if the UK orders have all been sent? Would it be worth askignon the official KS page?

The digital copy is available as of today but I don't know the extent of it. All I did was provide assets and write ups to rhe distributor. I see its on Amazon and ITunes but that might only be in the US as I don't see anything on the Canadian stores (thank God for VPNs).

Hoping everyone who hasn't seen it is able to check it out!

In regards to the shipping of the physical copies:

I'm trying to accelerate the shipping as fast as I can. The final batch of UK copies should be getting there pretty soon.

It's time consuming and expensive. Went over budget but I'm a pretty resourceful guy and am still able to make it work. Id say 75% of the copies have gone out.

At this point it's basically the remainder of the US orders and a few more of the smaller countries.

Gonna blast out a bunch more this week and keep blasting until it's done.

The digital copy is available as of today but I don't know the extent of it. All I did was provide assets and write ups to rhe distributor. I see its on Amazon and ITunes but that might only be in the US as I don't see anything on the Canadian stores (thank God for VPNs).

I'm trying to accelerate the shipping as fast as I can. The final batch of UK copies should be getting there pretty soon.

It's time consuming and expensive. Went over budget but I'm a pretty resourceful guy and am still able to make it work. Id say 75% of the copies have gone out.

At this point it's basically the remainder of the US orders and a few more of the smaller countries.

Thanks for the update.

Excellent! Will go and watch it! Been looking forward to it! Hoping I can still eventually grab a physical copy if there is still a chance but will wait and see. But will definitely give the digital version a purchase.

Back