General RGG Discussion

its nice to have a look at the Era forum from time to time.

"Judgement should be boycotted anyway, since money goes to a drug addict, and thus drug barons and organised crime."

?

The unpatched japanese copies became double the value ?
I love it that they go "it will be back", man you're the guys taking it back xD

I cannot believe what has happened. The Japanese take such scandals very seriously and there is no room for redemption like Robert Downey, Jr.

its nice to have a look at the Era forum from time to time.

"Judgement should be boycotted anyway, since money goes to a drug addict, and thus drug barons and organised crime."

?
Must have missed that, most comments were the opposite about how its not a big deal but stuff like that always makes me laugh. The rest are just people complaining that Sega better not delay the game, which I feel is being pretty unfair since the Western branch almost certainly doesn't want to, but its there fault anyway apparently... But since they can't go against their Japanese HQ they gotta wait until they reveal what their plans are going forward.

Looking on Amazon JP and other shopping sites now the game is ballooning in cost, even if the game goes back on sale I'd imagine the original copies will still retain a higher value since you can bet that a on disc patch will erase OG Hamura from existence :(

I don't really understand this kind of behavior. The game had been released before that guy's drug use was discovered. Just refrain from working with that guy again and that's that. How does this concern past works?

Perhaps it's some Asian/Japanese collective shaming thing going on against the guy.

I don't really understand this kind of behavior. The game had been released before that guy's drug use was discovered. Just refrain from working with that guy again and that's that. How does this concern past works?

Perhaps it's some Asian/Japanese collective shaming thing going on against the guy.

That's been established 10 posts ago lol

I really hope this doesn't mean I'll need to understand all that happens in the mobile online game...

As for Yakuza 5... fully approve... I just want it to be localized like that too!

I have read the news about the new yakuza gam too und I am confused. is the new Yakuza game, a new Yakuza Game after the already announced Shin Yakuza or is this the same game?

i dont know what this is. i mean if this is the next new entry with Ichiban Kasuga, it has to be Shin Yakuza / Yakuza 7?
but why are they saying it, like it is a completely different new game?
and we already know that its a PS4 game for a long time. i dont understand.

Yes it is weird. We know for quite some time that there will be a new Yakuza game with new a protagonist (Kasuga). Why sega announce this old news again as a new news? Sounds like a different game to me...

Um, what's the big deal? The article is not correct; all they did was announce that they are holding auditions for the chick (which tells me that Online is either not Canon or only bits and pieces of this game), not, "reannouncing the game."

If you see the original tweet and article, where they got all this info from, it merely talks about holding auditions, that's it. Nothing more.

Same game, same characters, same everything; don't worry.

Its a re-announcement with a few new details - console is confirmed to be PS4 (who'd have seen that one coming, my Atari 2600 Yakuza game is still just a dream to this day...) and that they are holding auditions for the lead actress character. Which makes me wonder if its either a new VA (if she even had one before) for Mayumi from RGG Online (you know, the lead girl in the game) or a brand new character. I hope not, I already like Mayumi, she gotta get her time to shine.

As for the story, Online won't be required. The two are doing their own thing with the same basic story, this has been stated numerous times in the past.

So in other words (knowing Ryu Ga Gotoku studios) it will probably be out this year and announced around TGS time...I can't see it not being their big release for this year and I can't see them taking a year off. It's been in development since 2017 so yeah, it's probably this years big release for them.

I'm looking forward to it big time...I'm ready to see a Yakuza game through the eyes of someone completely new. I hope they don't bring back any of the old guards and start fresh. Okay, I would accept Dojima but I'm ready to move on from the likes of Kiryu. Majima and so on...I really hope they leave Kiryu out of this and don't feel the need to have him show up...maybe allude to him in some way but don't have him show up.

I feel like ever since Y4, they wanted to move on from Kiryu but didn't have the guts to fully commit to it so they brought him back as a safe guard (not that I'm necessarily complaining as I loved Kiryu as a protag but I did feel that perhaps Y3 should have been the end to Kiryu's saga)

So I really hope they do move on this time...I want to see the Yakuza world through the eyes of someone else for a change and not how it all relates back to Kiryu or Majima or so on.

Last edited:
2 or 3 was supposed to wrap up Kiryu's saga but they brought him back. I'd have loved for Kiryu's part in 4 to have been kept a secret, would have made Saejima's 2nd chapter so much more epic but there we go. I don't see Kiryu staying gone forever (I see them already mention bringing him back) but so far going solely by RGG Online the only characters in the plot that have been brought back are Akiyama, Komaki and another trainer whose name I yet again forget (bold drill sergeant that trains Akiyama in 5). Though I have a strong feeling we'll be getting at least one more old character popping up by the end of that story. Of course we don't know if Online and Shin will even follow much of the same plot, we'll have to wait a few months until we finally actually start getting some real info from Sega on the game.

I certainly can't wait, feels like I've been waiting for this game for ages for some reason, the thought of a brand new chapter in the ongoing series is the most hyped I've been since Yakuza 6, while Judge Eyes was absolutely amazing, I really want to see where the main story goes next (I feel that's too harsh on JE though, it was so damn good that I don't doubt I may actually like it better than the next mainline Yakuza).

it would be funny if Shin Yakuza had a storyline where Ichiban Kasuga is walking around with the female partner all the time.
lets vote for Shenhua

The Trailer about part 5 really Looks nice. I really hope These hd Releases will get a western release soon. I want to Play 3, 4 and 5 so I can finally play Yakuza 6 which is in my Collection for a Long time already. Just didn't play it because i want to play the games in right order

Back