Your Release Day Plans

getting it on steam...still cant believe i can say that. if you would told me in 2003 id being playing Shenmue 1 and 2 on the client 15 years later....

i should probably take a vacation day the 21st.

Im off on Wednesday's I'm planning to take Tuesday also so I can play all day and I want to be home for Gamescom. It's going to be an exciting week.

I need to check my local Gamestop and ask if they plan on having a midnight release of the game, but I'm not counting on it. As of right now, my plans are to go pick it up as soon as I either wake up or the store opens, whichever comes first. I have to say, the part I'm looking forward to the most is to finally have the ability to transfer my save file from Shenmue I over to II.

At the very least, I'll probably pick up the game on release day, although I'm not in a particular rush to play through it. That being said, I might feel differently once I load it up on the ps4, and not have to deal with load times and the inability to save anywhere in the first game. Also looking forward to being able to play the first game with Japanese dub.

Reactions: red
I'll take the day off, go and buy it as soon as the shop opens then go to the supermarket and buy a load of junk food before spending the whole day being a complete slob while playing the game.

I will be completely ignoring it, and also going dark from here until Thursday when I play it on stream for the first time.

I only intend on playing it during stream too, so it will be a long road for me, hopefully bringing me to Shenmue 3.

You're a more patient man than me, Peter. Looking forward to joining you on Twitch!

I have the day off so far. They generally assign overtime (I have been working 50 hour weeks) about two weeks beforehand. I'll get a few hours of game time in so I'm excited.

Reactions: red
I ordered mine online so release day I will start playing around 11 at night, with a good bottle of whiskey and play till I wake up my wife from reciting lines as a drunkard. then carry on the next day playing some more with some whiskey left over (hopefully), till the family comes home.

I'll be leaving it a couple of weeks to give everyone else the chance to play/stream it first, and then do a massive series of streams where I show off as much as I can.

Waiting. Taken a week off work in early September when the hubbie goes hunting. Just to have the house to myself for a whole 10 days. To play. No shame.

... love being all grown up and adulting life. ???

This thread is awesome. I'm a teacher, so if I remember correctly, I start school two days after release. Not to mention the in-service, the last of which happens on release day if I remember correctly. That gives me the day before kids come in to play!

In a "perfect world....." I would love nothing more than to take a vacation from work to enjoy it to the fullest. But alas back to reality, I cant. My boss is going on a mandatory conference that week so I'll be left in charge working the most hours out of anyone at the store I work at. It's so sad. I've waited years for this, and yet one week seems the cruelist in my opinion.

Putting my dissertation on hiatus for a week and playing both games in Japanese. Then I'll replay each game to get all the trophies/achievements on both PS4/Steam and see all the new additions.

What's your PhD program? I'm starting mine this month.

On August 20th, one day before release, I will call my local Gamestop when I get off work and ask them if they have my preorder of the game in stock already. The guy I preordered it with told me that sometimes they get preorders a day early. If so, I will go pick it up after work and start playing the first game with my girlfriend. If not, I will pick it up after work on release day.

Also on August 21st, I will go to my local electronics retail chain and see if they have the game in stock to make a walk-in purchase of one or two copies to give to my friends.

Back