Your Release Day Plans

Jigen

Man Mo Journeyman
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Persona 5
What are your plans for the 21st August, when the game drops?

It will be 4 days before my birthday and I plan to go out and pick up my pre-order at Best Buy with a friend and we are going to play the shit out of it all day.

Hope that Amazon delivers my order on time. I don't work out after work Tuesdays, so that should give me plenty of time to play. Definitely skipping WWE that night.

Hoping that the game has a preload on steam and play the second its unlocked. Then play my PS4 copy. And later Xbox One.

By pure luck I have release day off so as soon as it arrives the game will be going straight onto the PS4 and being played until I collapse.... or want food!

I do not think I get my order on the release day. I will get the next few days after the release. I ordered the Ps4 disc Version online so I have to wait. I won't play it right away after I get though. I just played 1 and 2 for many times on the DC, so there is no interest from my side to play it on the ps4 right again. Because on the 28th Yakuza Kiwami 2 is released and thats new to me so I will play it first.

Got the day off. Gonna order a pizza and play like a madman. Haven't played the game in 10 years, so im gonna go hardcore.

I purchased a physical copy online in hopes that it would come a day early. If it doesn't, ill buy it digitally the moment it hits midnight.

Planning to finish up all work that I have currently, so that I will be able to play for a couple of days without having to do ANYTHING else :D!

Pre-ordered all versions and would normally play on Steam. However I ordered the physicals (PS4 and Xbone) from a place that normally delivers 1 or 2 days early. As it is released on a Tuesday there is a very small chance that it could come Saturday as well lol Either way, I'll probs start the PS4 version in English as soon as it arrives. Will 100% be going for the platinum trophy and as soon as that is complete, will head over to Steam and play both in Japanese! Don't actually own an Xbone, so will either keep it sealed, or will open it to frame the poster :D

Still can't believe that Yakuza Kiwami 2 is coming out a week later... I usually get excited about new releases, but I am getting giddy thinking about the 21-28th August!

I'll naturally be playing it near to no end and will sacrifice sleep to play it more from the moment it finishes installing. If I have to, I'll go to sleep early, then wake up super early and sacrifice sleep the following night.

It's going to be weird mix between blazing through, carefully looking for things, just enjoying it and getting stuff on video that is worth to show.
Haven't quite made up my mind how exactly this is going to happen. Will be made up on the spot I guess.

Putting my dissertation on hiatus for a week and playing both games in Japanese. Then I'll replay each game to get all the trophies/achievements on both PS4/Steam and see all the new additions.

Since I can't convince any friends to play it, I'll probably find a youtube or twitch feed and watch someone play it for the first time.

going on a week's vacation to the beach on August 27th, arghhh. Though I'll get some time in for sure. I might have to "work from home to meet a contractor", yeah

I’ll start playing 1am, when the digital version of PS4 arrives in Brazil, and sleep at 5am. Go to work and then back home 8pm after buy the physical version. I have college at night, but I prefer order a pizza and continue playing in release day.
22th august I’ll take all the day off to play.

I'll be turning on the "do not disturb" feature on my Xbox One the moment the games are playable. Then I'll be playing until I'm literally dead in my chair! I get that immersed with Shenmue I probably won't even need food, but I'll have a few cans of my favourite 7up within reaching distance!

It's a Tuesday, so I'll be working from 7am to 10pm... with a 2 month old baby to attend to when I get home...

All work and no play makes Scotty a dull boy...

I'm going full antisocial and I don't even care! Phone muted, appear offline on PSN, snacks on hand. It's just going to be me and some Shenmue!

I will be completely ignoring it, and also going dark from here until Thursday when I play it on stream for the first time.

I only intend on playing it during stream too, so it will be a long road for me, hopefully bringing me to Shenmue 3.

That day will begin with breakfast and watching on Steam if it's possible to activate the Collection and later watching in my mailbox if the PS4-Copy is in there. On amazon it is not more available. :-/

Tuesday? Then I'll definitely be off work. Hopefully I'll be off Wednesday, too. Gonna be an adventure going to 3 different Gamestops for all my preorders, plus the Amazon order.

As it happens, I'll be on vacation at the beach that week - made the plans months ago! So it will be waiting for me when I get home on the 25th. But I'll try to catch the stream on Thursday that week, and I'm sure I'll be reading everyone's impressions here.

Back